• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

You just don’t do such things in ANY games.

Honestly this is criminal for such a senior player in the leadership group. Repeated offender no less.

It’s beyond words honestly. I really don’t know how this can be mitigated anymore.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Thing about Xhaka he never goes missing & always puts himself in positions to try & help the team.
Many players do not.
I see why his qualities & commitment are appreciated by both managers & team mates alike.
tbf his intentions are always good.

Unfortunately the very same good intentions hinder the team far too often :(

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Thing about Xhaka he never goes missing & always puts himself in positions to try & help the team.
Many players do not.
I see why his qualities & commitment are appreciated by both managers & team mates alike.
tbf his intentions are always good.

Unfortunately the very same good intentions hinder the team far too often :(
The path to hell is often paved with good intentions. He’s a tryer, I’ll give him that but he’s not equipped to deal with other peoples mess, let alone his own. There’s a trope in superhero films whereby the hero is fighting against the villain to save the city. But in the midst of battle you realise just how much collateral damage is taking place and you wonder what city is left to save. That’s Xhaka. He wants to be Superman but he might as well be Lex Luther with the amount of damage he causes.

Fabregasm

Can’t really see how that was a red card at all. Seen a bloke from Palace kick through Saka, seen Rodri go through Gabriel. This is tame in comparison.

It's only red because it's Xhaka. Any 50/50 decision on PK or straight red gets done when Ref sees Xhaka involved. His reputation is horrible and only himself to blame.

Might be worth to get a loan for Ramsey return for cover till end of season?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
People are still calm cause the performance masked the red card.
Had we lost this people would be spamming this thread like no end.

@farzad4daarse was right. We will get nowhere with this bum playing. @American_Gooner why can't I find this user in tag list ? He banned?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Stupid mistake, you have to know you're the last man and a ref can give you a red in such a situation.

But I've seen it a couple of times now, and I still think there would be a huge VAR review with any other player bar Xhaka. He barely hit the guy, and it wasn't his head either.

Then I look at some clips of a Crystal Palace player kicking the **** out of Saka or Kane flying studs high at Robertson and I can't help but feel that the ref pulled the card because it's once again Granit.

Edit: you can even see him looking at the ball and not the player. I believe a case was made for Ben Godfrey when he stamped on Tomiyasu's head because it didn't look malicious ffs.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Stupid mistake, you have to know you're the last man and a ref can give you a red in such a situation.

But I've seen it a couple of times now, and I still think there would be a huge VAR review with any other player bar Xhaka. He barely hit the guy, and it wasn't his head either.

Then I look at some clips of a Crystal Palace player kicking the **** out of Saka or Kane flying studs high at Robertson and I can't help but feel that the ref pulled the card because it's once again Granit.

Edit: you can even see him looking at the ball and not the player. I believe a case was made for Ben Godfrey when he stamped on Tomiyasu's head because it didn't look malicious ffs.
I think the main reason for red is that it was a last man tackle that didn't really get the ball. If you remove the last man case, it's not a red.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Nothing really. I cannot even bother to be really upset. It is just like clockwork. If you play him this is what you get with metronomical precision... Actually, the frequency seems to be increasing again. Just hope Arteta throws in the towel on this one and decides to sell him in the summer.
True about his increasing red card frequency. He was getting many red cards under Wenger. He somehow managed to suppress red cards under Emery. But he compensated for that through penalties and errors leading to goals. Under Arteta, he is back at red cards again.
If you suppress one aspect of his stupidity, the other aspect just makes up for it

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Can’t really see how that was a red card at all. Seen a bloke from Palace kick through Saka, seen Rodri go through Gabriel. This is tame in comparison.
You can’t be serious bro. The red card wasn’t for violent fouling conduct as per your examples, it was for denying a clear cut scoring opportunity and was so blatant the referee would probably have been suspended if he hadn’t awarded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom