• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Haphazard

Apparently he casted doubt as to whether we will make any signings this month in his interview... maybe don't ostracise one of your only two senior CFs before having a replacement lined up to come in...
Look at how Tuchel handled the Lukaku situation, even though Lukaku was not scoring a ton he knew there is no point of starting a cold war with a player that could potentially win Chelsea a cup or get 2nd/3rd

Arteta and his non negotiables is his power trip that he uses to feel better about himself like any other incompetent manager.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Apparently he casted doubt as to whether we will make any signings this month in his interview... maybe don't ostracise one of your only two senior CFs before having a replacement lined up to come in...

Well yeah, I mean it worries me that when we look so bad the first thing that comes to mind is signing even more players to try and fix things.

Signing players to augment us sounded like a good idea when we were in form and it looked like we might be going somewhere during the City game, so the players would push an already firing team to hopefully 4th place.

But now it feels like another situation where Tets needs all the perfect pieces or it all falls apart, he MUST get a new striker or we're fecked....well maybe try and work things out with Auba, you know that guy you gave 300k+ a week just over a year ago.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well yeah, I mean it worries me that when we look so bad the first thing that comes to mind is signing even more players to try and fix things.

Signing players to augment us sounded like a good idea when we were in form and it looked like we might be going somewhere during the City game, so the players would push an already firing team to hopefully 4th place.

But now it feels like another situation where Tets needs all the perfect pieces or it all falls apart, he MUST get a new striker or we're fecked....well maybe try and work things out with Auba, you know that guy you gave 300k+ a week just over a year ago.

I get this sentiment, but no matter who the manager is we need a new 9, its so glaringly obvious.

GoonerJay24

I'm not denying that. We've spent too much money on absolute rubbish.

Arteta IS a failed manager. The FA Cup win papers over huge, glaring cracks. And it's what the Arteta fanboys cling to everytime you try to have a debate with them.

Arry Redknapp won the FA Cup. Roberto Martinez won the FA Cup. So what? Arteta has underachieved in the league every single season as Arsenal manager - fact. You use the league as a barometer for success, not cups.

And you've spent money as well, don't act like you're paupers. In fact,

Arsenal have sixth most expensively-assembled squad in the world according to TalkShite:​

Yep but it's not all about money; you need to build cohesion with the players especially if they're from another league.

It's dissapoiniting that we're out of other cups but the top four challenge is still possible.

I still maintain if we finish 6th or above, improve the style and develop youngsters; he deserves a chance next season. If elite coach's who can elevate us become available this summer, then obviously Mikel should go.

Haphazard

Yep but it's not all about money; you need to build cohesion with the players especially if they're from another league.

It's dissapoiniting that we're out of other cups but the top four challenge is still possible.

I still maintain if we finish 6th or above, improve the style and develop youngsters; he deserves a chance next season. If elite coach's who can elevate us become available this summer, then obviously Mikel should go.
I disagree , we've had more than enough time to see he cannot implement a proper playing style, and regularly clashes with players.

He's spent around 150m and had no Europe , a few carabao cup matches and a 1st round exit in the FA cup. The schedule is favoring him currently . No one was expecting a top 4 race because no one was expecting Sp**s/Utd to be so poor at the start. Still if we do not get top 4 even in such favorable circumstances it also shows he cannot take the pressure and shouldn't be manager of Arsenal anyway.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Other than for the obvious reason of Arsenal winning, with the very few games we'll be playing in February, we need wins.

This place is going to be unberable if we don't.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I disagree , we've had more than enough time to see he cannot implement a proper playing style, and regularly clashes with players.

He's spent around 150m and had no Europe , a few carabao cup matches and a 1st round exit in the FA cup. The schedule is favoring him currently . No one was expecting a top 4 race because no one was expecting Sp**s/Utd to be so poor at the start. Still if we do not get top 4 even in such favorable circumstances it also shows he cannot take the pressure and shouldn't be manager of Arsenal anyway.
I think after two 8th finishes he knew this season was gonna be the one he had to deliver and to buy himself he purposely bought young inexperienced players and now argues they have the youngest team and need time.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think after two 8th finishes he knew this season was gonna be the one he had to deliver and to buy himself he purposely bought young inexperienced players and now argues they have the youngest team and need time.

Yep. His comments when we signed Mari/Cedric/Willian were "we need experience in certain positions". That went tits up and now we are youth fc, which for the record is the way to go, it's just disingenuous from Arteta.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom