• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly does it really matter? Unless Auba has done something like Greenwood or was found to be a drug addict is there really any reason to ditch your highest paid player like this? Apparently we didn't even take part in the negotiations when he finally left ffs.

Slight red flag for the club that he’s given up a huge amount of money from his last chance at a big contract to force the move through.

isop

Aubameyang hasn't been a one in two striker for us in a long time.

This was the best possible outcome. Aubameyang missed so many chances and off the field there are problems. Good luck in Barcelona.

7 goals in 15 games. That is still pretty much a 1 in 2.

He hasn't played since December 5 and he's still scored more than Lacazette and Nketiah. 76% shot accuracy as well.

I don't buy this idea that he is finished. He's had Covid twice and malaria, playing in a team that is poor in attack, creating few chances, and he's still our joint 2nd top scorer in far fewer games than ESR and Saka, having not played since December 5.

Arteta should have worked to get the best out of him and re-integrate him into the team after appropriate disciplinary sanctions.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Given the situation, it is the right move for both him and the club.

But this situation should not have arisen in the first place. I am all for punishing a player for turning up late. To reach a situation where we give away a golden boot winner for free is a stupid business move.

If Auba took a paycut to move, massive respect to him.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

He hasn't played since December 5 and he's still scored more than Lacazette and Nketiah. 76% shot accuracy as well.

I don't buy this idea that he is finished. He's had Covid twice and malaria, playing in a team that is poor in attack, creating few chances, and he's still our joint 2nd top scorer in far fewer games than ESR and Saka, having not played since December 5.

Arteta should have worked to get the best out of him and re-integrate him into the team after appropriate disciplinary sanctions.
Much better stats than I though.
24% conversation rate too (Ronaldo is on 23% right now :lol:), but AM told me Auba is the worst finisher in the league.

Keplaz

There must be more to what happened here. Auba has had disciplinary issues before Arsenal and was dropped at Dortmund. This is even before he was pushing for a transfer.

Arteta has his faults but it's not all just on him. Auba has played a part. And I'm sure more happened than just being late coming back.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Let’s hope he leaves his apartment in good time for his journey to the Camp Nou for the El Clásico. As most posters here know, the traffic on Carrer de la Feixa Llarga can be abysmal on match day.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He's 32 and will be 33 in June. It's a good move for both parties really. He was on the decline and we need a captain to be more committed to the club internally and externally. Hopefully this motivtes the likes of Nketiah and Balogun to step up and cement their place in the first team squad.

BobP

Memri Fan
Just seen John Cross criticise Auba for not taking a malaria vaccine in April 2021, even though it was only approved by the WHO in October. The media is really coming for him sadly.
Teta's briefed his minions I see.

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

Okay the devil is in the detail here. He scored a hat trick in a cup game against WBA in which they fielded a reserve team. Instead of inspiring Aubameyang onto more goals he ended up with 14 league appearances and 4 goals.

Aubameyang was missing chances that were on a plate. He couldn't hold the ball up. He was a blunt knife. ESR has scored more league goals, Martinelli has equalled his tally in a shorter period and Saka is also tied. For all his faults Lacazette scored more in the league last season as well.

He is a man that's now left his two previous clubs on bad terms and his international manager sent him packing. Arteta worked with him, previously reintegrated him and played him through terrible form. At some point its not on the manager its on the player. Aubameyang had chances and he blew them.

Good luck in Barcelona.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Arsenal..."You are not gonna be in any squads from now on, plus we are gonna be very public with everything"

(Auba goes to Spain to try and force a move out of a club that doesn't want him anymore)

Certain Arsenal fans and journalists..."How dare he!"

...I don't understand how Pierre is getting criticized for this, tbh :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Just seen John Cross criticise Auba for not taking a malaria vaccine in April 2021, even though it was only approved by the WHO in October. The media is really coming for him sadly.
Do you have a link?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
W for Barca
Arsenal thought they got rid of Aubameyang and a big part of his huge salary, at least for 6 months.

Aubameyang thought he's going on a 6 months vacation in Barcelona.

Barca thought Arsenal will pay most of Aubameyang's salary.

Aubameyang then asked who will pay his 350K a week salary.

Barca put him on first plane to London.
Oh dear. You were so quick to take the W. I'm guessing now (from your point of view) you will take the big L.

isop

:lol:

Okay the devil is in the detail here. He scored a hat trick in a cup game against WBA in which they fielded a reserve team. Instead of inspiring Aubameyang onto more goals he ended up with 14 league appearances and 4 goals.

Aubameyang was missing chances that were on a plate. He couldn't hold the ball up. He was a blunt knife. ESR has scored more league goals, Martinelli has equalled his tally in a shorter period and Saka is also tied. For all his faults Lacazette scored more in the league last season as well.

He is a man that's now left his two previous clubs on bad terms and his international manager sent him packing. Arteta worked with him, previously reintegrated him and played him through terrible form. At some point its not on the manager its on the player. Aubameyang had chances and he blew them.

Good luck in Barcelona.
He's only played 14 games in the league, and has had illnesses as well. Knowing the quality of player he is, given time, his form can improve. Barcelona and Juventus both still wanted him so the idea that he's a terrible player now sounds like a narrative that is being used to support Arteta rather than being a true reflection of Auba's abilities.

I don't trust Arteta, having seen his man management with other players. I'm not condoning disciplinary issues with Auba, and support appropriate sanctions, but you seem to be portraying Arteta as a philanthropist who has totally no fault with how he manages players and with how we play. We don't create chances, with poor attacking play, the team in general are struggling to score goals, totally not Arteta's fault, right? Or maybe we need another £200 million to get his players?

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

"Toxic personality"

Look at this too, from our game against Leicester only a few months ago...

272206000_309745031203196_6064746894785899787_n.png

...didn't score or really play well that day, but look how happy he was with the win...like a fan 😥

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Look at this too, from our game against Leicester only a few months ago...

272206000_309745031203196_6064746894785899787_n.png

...didn't score or really play well that day, but look how happy he was with the win...like a fan 😥

Can't help but feel we've just turned into a scummy club but with no substance to show for it.

Even if you're acting ruthless and scummy but actually doing something where it matters (on the pitch) then I would still feel disgusted but think it might be the only way... This way we're scums internally (to our own), laughing stock externally, and in a free fall universally.

Both Benge and Watts seem to be slowly turning on this regime judging by these last couple of weeks.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't blame arteta for Wenger's mistake with him and Özil

Best shot of em both

But I do thank him for everything and wish him the best
Wenger didn't give Auba 350kpw, Arteta did. What's this Wenger mistake that you guys keep crying about?

Almost every member of the squad is one way or another Arteta signings. Don't know why you keep blaming a man that left almost 4 years ago.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Next time I show up late for a meeting at work and someone calls me out gonna hit em with

"Well you see now, every person is a mess of contradictions..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom