• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Honestly does it really matter? Unless Auba has done something like Greenwood or was found to be a drug addict is there really any reason to ditch your highest paid player like this? Apparently we didn't even take part in the negotiations when he finally left ffs.
No I agree. I just can’t wait to find out how petty it is lol

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He's only played 14 games in the league, and has had illnesses as well. Knowing the quality of player he is, given time, his form can improve. Barcelona and Juventus both still wanted him so the idea that he's a terrible player now sounds like a narrative that is being used to support Arteta rather than being a true reflection of Auba's abilities.

I don't trust Arteta, having seen his man management with other players. I'm not condoning disciplinary issues with Auba, and support appropriate sanctions, but you seem to be portraying Arteta as a philanthropist who has totally no fault with how he manages players and with how we play. We don't create chances, with poor attacking play, the team in general are struggling to score goals, totally not Arteta's fault, right? Or maybe we need another £200 million to get his players?

Missed penalties. Mistake against Watford, being offside and turning Odegaards goal bound shot in. This isn't a narrative against Arteta. It's symptomatic of Aubameyangs decline. Snatching at chances, missing open goals, missing back to back penalties, poor judgement and so on. He was given time and things kept getting worse.

I don't think we need another 200m but i also think an Aubameyang that wasn't declining finishes most of those chances, as he had done for years. Arteta has many faults, ive yo yoed in support for him, but these are two separate issues. Issue 1. Do we create enough? no - Arteta's tactics need to be better. Issue 2 given the chances that we did create could and should Aubameyang have done better? Yes.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Missed penalties. Mistake against Watford, being offside and turning Odegaards goal bound shot in. This isn't a narrative against Arteta. It's symptomatic of Aubameyangs decline. Snatching at chances, missing open goals, missing back to back penalties, poor judgement and so on. He was been given time and things kept getting worse.

I don't think we need another 200m but i also think an Aubameyang that wasn't declining finishes most of those chances, as he has done for years. Arteta has many faults, ive yo yoed in support for him, but these are two separate issues. Issue 1. Do we create enough? no - Arteta's tactics need to be better better. Issue 2 given the chances that were created could and should Aubameyang have done better? Yes.

Issue 3 - If you’re paying Auba until June either way, even if he is declining wouldn't he make a better back up than Nketiah?

Haphazard

Can't help but feel we've just turned into a scummy club but with no substance to show for it.

Even if you're acting ruthless and scummy but actually doing something where it matters (on the pitch) then I would still feel disgusted but think it might be the only way... This way we're scums internally (to our own), laughing stock externally, and in a free fall universally.

Both Benge and Watts seem to be slowly turning on this regime judging by these last couple of weeks.
Key point, Scummy

Plenty of clubs are ruthless Chelsea,Bayern etc but they deal with these kind of problems in a much better way.

It's genuinely dictator like with Arteta, with Le Grove and Gunnerblog playing the Fox news role

Kav

Established Member

Missed penalties. Mistake against Watford, being offside and turning Odegaards goal bound shot in. This isn't a narrative against Arteta. It's symptomatic of Aubameyangs decline. Snatching at chances, missing open goals, missing back to back penalties, poor judgement and so on. He was given time and things kept getting worse.

I don't think we need another 200m but i also think an Aubameyang that wasn't declining finishes most of those chances, as he had done for years. Arteta has many faults, ive yo yoed in support for him, but these are two separate issues. Issue 1. Do we create enough? no - Arteta's tactics need to be better. Issue 2 given the chances that we did create could and should Aubameyang have done better? Yes.
Yet he’s better than the other two strikers left at the club despite these misses. You don’t really have a leg to stand on if that’s your defense for the move. Shall we talk about Lacazette’s poor misses as well? Shall we speak about how ineffective Nketiah has been? Shall we talk about how out of shape Lacazette is and that he rarely makes it into the box? Don’t do this to yourself.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Issue 3 - If you’re paying Auba until June either way, even if he is declining wouldn't he make a better back up than Nketiah?
Thats a more complex issue but the answer that I lean towards is no.

Arteta would have to grovel to Aubameyang with everyone knowing its because of a bad window, undermining what Arteta is trying to achieve, or Aubameyang would need to apologise way after the event making it seem insincere.

The best thing for everyone was clearing the potential toxicity and giving Aubameyang a fresh start and giving the club a chance to move forward without the Aubameyang cloud hanging over it.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Yet he’s better than the other two strikers left at the club despite these misses. You don’t really have a leg to stand on if that’s your defense for the move. Shall we talk about Lacazette’s poor misses as well? Shall we speak about how ineffective Nketiah has been? Shall we talk about how out of shape Lacazette is and that he rarely makes it into the box? Don’t do this to yourself.
Bit of a strawman argument. Im purely talking about the issues of Aubameyang. But since you mentioned it are Lacazette and Nketiah better options for Arsenal football club? Yes. Arteta wasn't going to pick Aubameyang. Id rather have 11 men starting the match.

On track the simple point is reintegration of Aubameyang wasn't the answer to all our problems. He was part of the problem on the pitch and off the pitch there were massive hurdles to overcome. Him moving on is best for everyone. He wasn't going to kick another ball for us.

isop

A player can also be out of form. We know the quality he has shown year after year, a player like him deserves more time to regain his form, especially after having had Covid twice and malaria. His confidence could be low and his body may not be back at 100% yet.

And we know the tactics are not getting the best out of him before he even misses those chances.

I just don't see how it is the better option to let Aubameyang go rather than Lacazette, who I like, but not as a starter, and Nketiah, who is not at the level required for Arsenal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Thats a more complex issue but the answer that I lean towards is no.

Arteta would have to grovel to Aubameyang with everyone knowing its because of a bad window, undermining what Arteta is trying to achieve, or Aubameyang would need to apologise way after the event making it seem insincere.

The best thing for everyone was clearing the potential toxicity and giving Aubameyang a fresh start and giving the club a chance to move forward without the Aubameyang cloud hanging over it.

See I get your point. You’re right that in the current situation Aubameyang won’t play so might as well let him go.

My point is though, is it the correct situation? I disagree with the word “grovelling” because it doesn’t have to be a losing face scenario.

The one I always go back to was when Tevez refused to come off the bench for Mancini, got suspended and went to play golf in Argentina for six months.

Eventually though, Mancini managed to move past it in that season and Tevez was a key player down the stretch in winning the title.

I admit it’s very difficult to let players cross the line without losing credibility with everyone else, but that’s why he’s paid the big money.

His job is to deliver results, and the simple fact is we’re more likely to get results with Auba on the pitch. The easy decision is to freeze him out because then you can blame any poor results on not having the players.

Top managers like Mancini or Ferguson always looked to get results despite internal strife. It what separates the best from the rest.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why there no announcement from both clubs? Auba already pictured he training with barca what they waiting for lol.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

See I get your point. You’re right that in the current situation Aubameyang won’t play so might as well let him go.

My point is though, is it the correct situation? I disagree with the word “grovelling” because it doesn’t have to be a losing face scenario.

The one I always go back to was when Tevez refused to come off the bench for Mancini, got suspended and went to play golf in Argentina for six months.

Eventually though, Mancini managed to move past it in that season and Tevez was a key player down the stretch in winning the title.

I admit it’s very difficult to let players cross the line without losing credibility with everyone else, but that’s why he’s paid the big money.

His job is to deliver results, and the simple fact is we’re more likely to get results with Auba on the pitch. The easy decision is to freeze him out because then you can blame any poor results on not having the players.

Top managers like Mancini or Ferguson always looked to get results despite internal strife. It what separates the best from the rest.
Lots of nail on the head moments. None more so than the second last sentence... Top managers. Arteta isnt a top manager. Someone like Ferguson would have either gutted - like he did with Strachan at Aberdeen ro Stam and others at United whilst managing to get results or found a way to make it work like he did for years with Keane. I don't think Arteta has the ability yet to navigate that path and until he does the end result will be get rid of the player.

The whole situation has been lose lose.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Next time we don't need to be so afraid to make decision auba was 30 when been giving new contract the club did right thing it was covid times and auba came back from 30 goals back to back you can't predict the future and club not the blame of giving him new contract unlike the Özil situation when we should've moved we gave him contract because we panicked and didn't want lose him after we lost Alexis.

The club need to be smart from now on giving near 30 year old player big contract is big X. Look at Liverpool they not giving one best players in PL Salah last 3-4 season because he about to be 30 and they not giving 300k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom