• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Again: Cancelled salary payments is not a fee.

Nobody said it was? But you can’t overlook the significance of getting £350k p/w off the books entirely. No chance.

Arteta is going to rebuild his own building after tearing it apart. The majority of the players that left last month was signed/extended/persuaded to stay by him. Maybe we should get a new manager that actually can build a building.

How much of that is down to Edu? They’re all okay ish players but the ones Mikel pushed for have all done pretty well. I think we should try a few obvious solutions rather than try and be shrewd all the time.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

No I agree he should've got a new contract, but a lot of people are defending the club saying he's been in decline for ages which would suggest a one-year extension would have been the better move.

He hasn’t been in decline, he wasn’t at all when he signed on. A bit like Özil he was the best we’d ever seen him when he was signed on.

No idea what happened, definitely a mix of Mikels football, wanting him to play a lone CF and switching to 4atb didn’t help but maybe it’s one of those things in football where one day that 30+ year old goes off the cliff.

Reactions: A_G

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I remember the overwhelming majority being in favour of dropping him and criticised him for his atrocious form since signing the contract.

Club is proactive and played a blinder getting a 32/33 year old's huge wages off the wage bill and the club are criticised?

You just can't win with our fanbase. You really can't. Whinge, whinge, whinge.
I pointed this out earlier, this also applies to the likes of Guendouzi.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
You will be for every a big part in Arsenal's history, especially with his two goals in the FA Cup Final.
Fastest player ever to score 50 goals for this club.

Very sad it ended like this. Thanks Auba, go & enjoy the last years of your career :)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No more need to say he best goal scorer we had since rvp and maybe Alexis. 60m spent well despite playing with unbalanced teams 2 different managers different tactics he always delivered it only took a bad and long decline to stop him breaking records.

115 g/a in 162 games at Arsenal is enough said. Top striker hope he rediscover some of his form at barca and stay away from troubles off pitch

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I remember the overwhelming majority being in favour of dropping him and criticised him for his atrocious form since signing the contract.

Club is proactive and played a blinder getting a 32/33 year old's huge wages off the wage bill and the club are criticised?

You just can't win with our fanbase. You really can't. Whinge, whinge, whinge.
Are you being purposely obtuse? People are annoyed we’ve let him go without a replacement not that his simply gone.

Granted there’s a few over the top reactions of top four being over. But, do you really prefer Nketiah over Auba?

But, for what it’s worth, yes the club do deserve credit for rectifying a poor situation quickly.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Wonder if this departure will effect Lacazettes morale? We need to be careful with the balance in the team. Imagine Laca and Xhaka leave in the summer aswell, Partey will be left all alone.

Football Head

Lord Conspiracy

Though I was in favour of him being benched due to his drop-off in goals (which in hindsight could be seen as Arteta's lack of tactical nous) it's sad to see our only superstar leave. He could easily have been integrated back.

But who has had a more detrimental and negative impact on our performances ... Auba or Xhaka ?

Shocking beyond belief and bizarre that one can be given an extended contract and an arm around him while another is treated like dirt.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if this departure will effect Lacazettes morale? We need to be careful with the balance in the team. Imagine Laca and Xhaka leave in the summer aswell, Partey will be left all alone.
The squad will miss him because he popular character specially with youngsters. Similar to Luiz no matter what they do their teammates will like them. Laca will miss him for sure but he gone in 4 months too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom