• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Here is the non-negotiable to Mikel: Get the UCL qualification or get the sack. He was a lucky manager to win FA Cup first season with Auba scoring. He ousted Auba because the captain foudn lacking on the pitch and yet earning top money. Now the culture is shifting to Mikel’s wish but this team looks like back to its previous poor state. I don’t think his post is justufied if the team only qualified Europa next season. Without UCL next season, the saga with Saka will be going fierce.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I’m not in a rush if I’m being honest. Probably different for fans who are getting on like @Jury or @rich 1990 but I’m happy enough to see us add 3/4 quality additions over the next couple of windows until we have a squad to compete at the top.

Carry on the current strategy and in 2/3 years with or without Arteta we’ll be looking good. That all goes to pot if we start selling the likes of Saliba/Martinelli/Saka thought obviously.

A youth strategy with a manager who obviously does not know how to develop youthful players, but stunts them by either limiting their role on the pitch or relegating them to the bench is a foolish plan, imo.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A youth strategy with a manager who obviously does not know how to develop youthful players, but stunts them by other limiting their role on the pitch or relegating them to the bench is a foolish plan, imo.
Again, it doesn’t matter in the long run as long as we keep our talented players and keep the same transfer strategy. Arteta won’t be here in two years, if we keep our transfers sensible and sign the right profiles we’ll be a much better place for when our new coach arrives.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Here is the non-negotiable to Mikel: Get the UCL qualification or get the sack. He was a lucky manager to win FA Cup first season with Auba scoring. He ousted Auba because the captain foudn lacking on the pitch and yet earning top money. Now the culture is shifting to Mikel’s wish but this team looks like back to its previous poor state. I don’t think his post is justufied if the team only qualified Europa next season. Without UCL next season, the saga with Saka will be going fierce.

I think Saka will sign on in the summer without CL, this group of players seems bought into the 'project' however he'd probably have some sort of CL clause following.

I see us hopefully getting 5th and then we'll have another pretty big window and then it's 4th or sacked for me. Basing this purely on what I think the board will do.

For one reason or another, feel the board view this season as Mikels first. The comments from Edu suggest that anyway.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I think Saka will sign on in the summer without CL, this group of players seems bought into the 'project' however he'd probably have some sort of CL clause following.

I see us hopefully getting 5th and then we'll have another pretty big window and then it's 4th or sacked for me. Basing this purely on what I think the board will do.

For one reason or another, feel the board view this season as Mikels first. The comments from Edu suggest that anyway.
Think this is pretty accurate, ngl.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think we’re on the same page pal. The rest will catch up in a few months.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Fwiw, if I am top coach, the last squad I'd want to take over is the one that gave up under Emery, now, however, I'd be licking my lips at the thought of taking this squad over. You could have Kroneke by the balls with the money spent since he joined as well.

Maybe we hired Mikel to be pest control.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You'd have to consider 5th a success at this point I think. I personally would anyways.

I don't really buy into 4th or sacked I'm afraid. I mean if it were up to me that would be the case, but like OnlyOne pointed out I don't think that's necessarily what we are trying to do here. Otherwise purchases would have been made in Jan.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can anybody find the Edu quotes about 22/23 being the season we compete?

Think Kia has had them erased from google.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Again, it doesn’t matter in the long run as long as we keep our talented players and keep the same transfer strategy. Arteta won’t be here in two years, if we keep our transfers sensible and sign the right profiles we’ll be a much better place for when our new coach arrives.

I doubt it you know. He's already hampered ESR, run Saka into the ground, knocked the wind out of Nuno and Lakonga, and completely decimated Pepe's price in the market.

You can make or break young players in the span of a couple of seasons under a right or wrong manager.

Why would you want to hand a puppy to a gorilla?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I doubt it you know. He's already hampered ESR, run Saka into the ground, knocked the wind out of Nuno and Lakonga, and completely decimated Pepe's price in the market.

You can make or break young players in the span of a couple of seasons under a right or wrong manager.

Why would you want to hand a puppy to a gorilla?
They all talk him up though? Saka/ESR/Gabi have put up the numbers this season as well.

I just think, even though next season will end in failure and he’ll get sacked, we’ll have a group of 12-15 top four quality players that a new coach would love to work with.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Fwiw, if I am top coach, the last squad I'd want to take over is the one that gave up under Emery, now, however, I'd be licking my lips at the thought of taking this squad over. You could have Kroneke by the balls with the money spent since he joined as well.

The resemblance is uncanny, tbf.

mikelartetahighs_169256mn4n9yk1cazabp2kbeik.jpg

productimg

Macho

Dusted 🔻

My only thing with this is I'm not convinced Ramsdale, Tomi, Ben White and Ødegaard start under every manager.

They are very specific players brought here for Mikel for a lot of money and I wouldn't put them in the same bracket as Saka, Partey and Tierney where you'd imagine any coach on the planet is happy with them.

If we do move on from Tets then the next coach would have to have plans for our current starting 11, which every coach claims to do in the interview before eventually wanting their own players (like Arteta and Emery).

They all talk him up though?
They literally don't know any better and have witnessed Mikel destroy far bigger and arguably important players without flinching. What else are they going to say?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
You have to consider 5th a success at this point I think. I personally would anyways.

I don't really buy into 4th or sacked I'm afraid. I mean if it were up to me that would be the case, but like OnlyOne pointed out I don't think that's necessarily what we are trying to do here. Otherwise purchases would have been made in Jan.

And that's the saddest part. The expections of this club are going further and further down the toilet. Not that I've ever thought top 4 is some mythical thing but the longer we go without it the more it will be accepted.

They can say what they like but there's absolutely no way they appointed Arteta with the intention of taking 4 or 5 years to get into the CL again.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom