• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 978,438

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ā­

People just look at names and want to fit them in. Nkunku is the definition of positional rotation. He can rotate play anywhere apart from CB. It's not even an exaggeration. His numbers this year have people believing he is a false 9, even though he has played more games in his career at central midfield.

I'm not saying he is KDB. I am saying that he can dribble, shoot, pass, recover and finish. Therefore he can have a major influence on our team and attacking play. We lack goals and drive from midfield. Not ball security.
Not disagreeing with anything you say about Nkunku. Iā€™m not saying that I think heā€™s only a false 9 or such. Itā€™s just that Iā€™m wondering whether he thinks he is that. Footballers at this level have big egos and having that kind of success and being ā€œthe manā€ in a team messes them up imo. So my speculation is that he wouldnā€™t want to join any team to play anything other than a central attacking position (cf, false 9, am or maybe inside forward).

Iā€™d rather have him than almost any player out there.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We lack goals and drive from midfield. Not ball security.
I agree with this sentiment. It's also the reason why I reckon we best utilise Partey in the number 6 role, because he hasn't shown indications he could add goals and assists to his game to a significant degree.

Nkunku makes sense as LCM or LW. Paqueta seems to emerge as a good option to add goals and drive from midfield. Bellingham would be my dream signing for that position. I also like the look of Gallagher.
Gravenberch is more of a project, as he has had a mediocre season at Ajax with glimpses of brilliance in some CL games.

If we go for Paqueta or Bellingham, I could live with extending Elneny one more year as understudy for Partey. If the money is there Caqueret could be an option, but I'd rather spend the money on Nkunku/Gnabry and Jesus.

Frenkie de Jong is a player I really like and he's genuinely world class at the base of a midfield, but I don't want to push Partey further forward. So he could only come if we get a solid LCM option. I reckon the other options are more logical.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think Bellingham is the dream signing for that LCM role for just about everyone here, it's just very unlikely. I don't really consider him, TchouamƩni or Gravenberch as genuine targets anymore, giants are all after them.

As for Nkunku, I don't think he's a midfielder anymore. He's a wing forward or a second striker/false nine. He's had the experience of being a deadly goal threat, won't settle for a role that pushes him away from goal.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Kamada might be an inspired left field signing with only a year left on his contract. He has looked really impressive for Frankfurt in their Europa run, works really hard, good age, neat and tidy footballer, quick, scores goals, reminds me a little of Ƙdegaard but a bit better defensively. It would give us several good, well balanced midfield options.

Ƙdegaard Partey Kamada
Kamada Partey Xhaka
Ƙdegaard Xhaka Kamada

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
Kamada might be an inspired left field signing with only a year left on his contract. He has looked really impressive for Frankfurt in their Europa run, works really hard, good age, neat and tidy footballer, quick, scores goals, reminds me a little of Ƙdegaard but a bit better defensively. It would give us several good, well balanced midfield options.

Ƙdegaard Partey Kamada
Kamada Partey Xhaka
Ƙdegaard Xhaka Kamada
I think itā€™s a good point, but maybe the right player at the wrong time. He will probably be more useful for another team and plug their hole better. The reason I say this is we donā€™t need another no.10 or ā€˜8.5ā€™ like Ode. I think we need a proper number 8. Someone who can really play both ways and be a bit of an engine, someone like Gallagher comes to mind for me (I know he is unrealistic)

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ƙdegaard
We will definitely go for a winger, especially if pepe leaves. If everton do get relegated, we should try for Gordon. If it is Leeds then Raphinha but I guess he might go to Barca. Would still love a Nelson comeback though.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Ƙdegaard Partey Kamada
Kamada Partey Xhaka
Ƙdegaard Xhaka Kamada

Really like Kamada, not sure what it is but whenever I watch him, I always see a bit of Rosicky in him with how he drives with the ball and tidy play in possession.

Wouldnā€™t be against the signing but I think we could do better if we secure CL football with the amount of serious talent on the market.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ā­

Player:Gabriel
Martinez would be the best fit we could realistically get for me. To add him and Jesus would be brilliant. That would be where the benefit of Champions League football comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Donā€™t be scared to be ambitious. Itā€™s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

ArsĆØne Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin ŠeŔko will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of ā‚¬20m + ā‚¬5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around Ā£10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the Ā£90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom