• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Not saying other clubs don't get away with more than us but I think it is other factors at play; as a club we don't seem to have players who are skilled at the dark arts. Players like xhaka and holding are so obvious with their foul play; there is no subtetly. You cant foul an elite player like son four times in 30 mins at their home ground without getting a yellow card. Then he elbows him, the second was definite yellow. They should be employing rotational fouling, but holding was so isolated I guess it made it more difficult.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So why wouldn't other london clubs like Sp**s and chelsea feel the bias also? Chelsea has been far more of a threat to northeners than arsenal over last 15 years.
We are the one club that is considered "foreign". It started under Wenger and him playing the first starting 11 without a single English player. We are the club many northerners grew up hating.

Kav

Established Member
Would you go so far that there could be an anti-Arsenal bias amongst these referees due to where they come from?
Bias is inherent in individuals. However to suggest that all or most of the referees are working against Arsenal is a stretch.

We have benefited from many favourable decisions this season and last but I don’t hear anyone talking about bias then. Get one decision against us and oh the refs hate us.

Come on man. Have you ever considered the possibility that the refs are just not consistent or just not good enough some times?

I have said this many times that I don’t think the refs are at the right standard but that’s doesn’t equate to bias against us.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Bias is inherent in individuals. However to suggest that all or most of the referees are working against Arsenal is a stretch.

We have benefited from many favourable decisions this season and last but I don’t hear anyone talking about bias then. Get one decision against us and oh the refs hate us.

Come on man. Have you ever considered the possibility that the refs are just not consistent or just not good enough some times?

I have said this many times that I don’t think the refs are at the right standard but that’s doesn’t equate to bias against us.
I dunno.

We were top of a league for incorrect VAR decisions last season.

Holding deserved time be send off.
But why wasn’t Son for a worst elbow?

Rodri didn’t get booked until the 93rd minute against us in the Emirates after probably 10 fouls.

Gabriel was sent off for 2 incidents.

Just seems other teams get away with things more often than Arsenal.

Our sending offs under Wenger,Emery and Arteta are very high compared with most teams.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Guess we have to agree to disagree. If your view is that we have benefited from many favorable decisions this season then our views simply differ too much.

If watching our games weekly and seeing the long term statistics doesn't make an impression than discussing it here won't either.

Reactions: Kav

Kav

Established Member
I dunno.

We were top of a league for incorrect VAR decisions last season.

Holding deserved time be send off.
But why wasn’t Son for a worst elbow?

Rodri didn’t get booked until the 93rd minute against us in the Emirates after probably 10 fouls.

Gabriel was sent off for 2 incidents.

Just seems other teams get away with things more often than Arsenal.

Our sending offs under Wenger,Emery and Arteta are very high compared with most teams.
That martinelli one was weird. No doubt I think he was angling to send a player off. That’s the one I am actually concerned about.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I'm sure a 3-0 loss where the only possible dodgy decision was the penalty is the fault of referees and not the manager.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So why wouldn't other london clubs like Sp**s and chelsea feel the bias also? Chelsea has been far more of a threat to northeners than arsenal over last 15 years.
Both Chelsea and Sp**s benefit from having an England captain (at different times) in their ranks and really prominent England players that the media love. I remember Alan Shearer kicking Neil Lennon in the face when he was on the ground and getting away with it. Arsenal were also founded by upper class types (despite Finsbury Park being working class) and with Wenger having an international outlook and our adoption by the Windrush generation, I think there is a bias that's just ingrained. A bit like the blanket hated of all Germans after WW2. Just my opinion of course

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I saw an episode of Peaky Blinders, where they tried to bribe a ref during a Villa v Birmingham game.

The ref said he wasn't doing it, so they just murdered him and got a new ref in...Arsenal need to start doing this, imo.

Reactions: Xln

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I saw an episode of Peaky Blinders, where they tried to bribe a ref during a Villa v Birmingham game.

The ref said he wasn't doing it, so they just murdered him and got a new ref in...Arsenal need to start doing this, imo.
One murder lol. Simon Hooper and Graham Scott are the only two Southern refs with one Aussie. Cant remember sering any of them. We'd need to do a lot more than the Shelby's.

jake

Any thought about the second dodgy penalty in 2 matches for tottenham?

I think burnley coach is spot on with his analysis of the situation. No one reacts at all and wants a penalty then it is not worth checking for VAR. Obvious error my ass.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I reckon a good journalist would really be examining these upcoming 2 games for all of the teams involved in top 4 and relegation.

The referees are not held accountable for their actions. They seemingly get away with everything and are so inconsistent that we deem them incompetent. What if they are not incompetent? What if they know exactly what they are doing and are able to try and influence games to get the desired outcome?

So what is the best outcome for the Premier League as a brand? A final game where all games are on at the same time and they have high stakes. No neutral wanted Arsenal to sew up top four st Sp**s and then have dead rubbers at the end of the season. No neutral wants a big club like Everton safe with 2 games to go after their recent relegation form.

So the best outcome for the Premier League is for Arsenal to beat Newcastle. Everton to draw with Palace. Burnley to beat Villa. That way:

Arsenal need to win to get top 4.
Everton need to match Burnleys result or better it depending on goal difference. That way you have 2 games that have massive implications. 2 possible relegation candidates and a top four contender determining it.

What does the ref have to do then? Control the flow of the Everton, Palace game. Control the temperature to make it a draw. Give decisions that even out.

I would expect us to get the decisions tomorrow in the same way we did against United.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I reckon a good journalist would really be examining these upcoming 2 games for all of the teams involved in top 4 and relegation.

The referees are not held accountable for their actions. They seemingly get away with everything and are so inconsistent that we deem them incompetent. What if they are not incompetent? What if they know exactly what they are doing and are able to try and influence games to get the desired outcome?

So what is the best outcome for the Premier League as a brand? A final game where all games are on at the same time and they have high stakes. No neutral wanted Arsenal to sew up top four st Sp**s and then have dead rubbers at the end of the season. No neutral wants a big club like Everton safe with 2 games to go after their recent relegation form.

So the best outcome for the Premier League is for Arsenal to beat Newcastle. Everton to draw with Palace. Burnley to beat Villa. That way:

Arsenal need to win to get top 4.
Everton need to match Burnleys result or better it depending on goal difference. That way you have 2 games that have massive implications. 2 possible relegation candidates and a top four contender determining it.

What does the ref have to do then? Control the flow of the Everton, Palace game. Control the temperature to make it a draw. Give decisions that even out.

I would expect us to get the decisions tomorrow in the same way we did against United.
SkySports are journalists so much involved about these decisions as well. The league is so corrupt when you see refs like Mason Tierney Pawson and Dean make major mistake every week without punishment then these people are responsible too

jake

Lmao wtf is this bullshit?
Freekick for second goal was my bad that was the period before, just a dodgy decision that led to the corner that led to thee goal. Remembered it as it was from the free kick the goal came, but it was I situation inbeetween.

Son loses control and the elbow is a clear red.
Penalty is a joke
Kane constantly lean on Gabriel is almost always a freekick for 3rd

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Or it could simply mean that persons who grow up and live within the London metropolitan area are not that interested in pursuing refereeing as a hobby / career. There are all sorts of nuances at play.

The notion that there is some anti Arsenal conspiracy is laughable.
Yeah theres not much interest in football in the south west or north east either, the high income and low interest in football in and around areas like Newcastle and Sunderland definitely would back up your point of view.

Clearly everyone in London is pulling in high 6 figures and wouldnt know what a football is

🤔

(Nobody said its some big anti arsenal conspiracy, but if you need to make yourself feel that bit smarter than everyone go ahead and imagine some more stuff nobody said.)

Kav

Established Member
Yeah theres not much interest in football in the south west or north east either, the high income and low interest in football in and around areas like Newcastle and Sunderland definitely would back up your point of view.

Clearly everyone in London is pulling in high 6 figures and wouldnt know what a football is

🤔

(Nobody said its some big anti arsenal conspiracy, but if you need to make yourself feel that bit smarter than everyone go ahead and imagine some more stuff nobody said.)
A whole bunch of fluff with nothing to back it up. Go ahead. Vent. Won’t change the fact that there is no conspiracy. Cry all you want. Cry even more. It won’t change anything.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom