• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Reports in Argentina (we always get La Liga info first) are that Auba traveled to Barcelona secretly and meet with the Barcelona board, Arteta and Edu find out about it and it exploded.

Auba wanted to wear a Barca shirt before retiring and this was his chance.
Fair enough. Arteta can't take the moral high ground. Vinai was at his house under cover of darkness behind Pep's back. The point is that a decent player wanted out but not necessarily to win or get paid more like previous players

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
So we bought some nice prospects. Isn't that Edu's job? You do realise his core job is to deliver on the field results. He hasn't done that.

Do you really think this team are ready to compete for the title against Liverpool and Man City let alone the UEFA CL??????? We got back into Europe which REALISTICALLY is about right for this squad. CL would have been overachievement and we would seriously need to overhaul the midfield to be competitive int hat competition. I watched us outplay City this season despite us losing and not many teams can do that. We beat the CL winners at Stamford Bridge and we have had an abysmal record there over the years. We also beat them there last season. I'm not saying Arteta is infallable. He has made some questionable decisions especially not to go 3 at the back in our game against Tottenham but he'll learn from this.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Why are you so invested in Arteta? He looks poor compared to Rioch atm at least in the way we play

I'm not, Arsenal is. I'm just participating in the discussion about him and feel like some of the criticism is completely off the mark, so I respond.

I do think Arsenal fans have a borderline problem when it comes to managers though. Wenger was simply such an anomaly that any manager will look sub-par, similar to the situation at Man Utd. It genuinely feels like some posters on here would rather have the Man Utd at Arsenal, ie. massive scattershot spending, constant manager changes and.. very little to show for it.

I think Arteta is putting in place a foundation that can last, and I think it'd be a shame to see it kneecapped now because of some fairly expected inconsistency.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Fair enough. Arteta can't take the moral high ground. Vinai was at his house under cover of darkness behind Pep's back. The point is that a decent player wanted out but not necessarily to win or get paid more like previous players
FC Barcelona coming at your door, you are 31 and having a mare in your current club, on the verge of losing your starting spot against a kid.

you don't say no to Barcelona.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Success breeds Success

download-86.png

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Do you really think this team are ready to compete for the title against Liverpool and Man City let alone the UEFA CL??????? We got back into Europe which REALISTICALLY is about right for this squad. CL would have been overachievement and we would seriously need to overhaul the midfield to be competitive int hat competition. I watched us outplay City this season despite us losing and not many teams can do that. We beat the CL winners at Stamford Bridge and we have had an abysmal record there over the years. We also beat them there last season. I'm not saying Arteta is infallable. He has made some questionable decisions especially not to go 3 at the back in our game against Tottenham but he'll learn from this.
We had the highest transfer spend in Europe, only 1 game a week, and Arteta had 2 seasons to do his culture change. WHY weren't you expecting top 4? These circumstances sound like our easiest shot at top 4 in a while? If he can't do it under these conditions what makes you think he can do it at all?

Btw relegation team Brentford also beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge lol. Nothing special about that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sold me dreams with the fa cup win sigh

Followed it up with the Community Shield too...you're right success does breed success!

Been a bit of a disaster since sadly...

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
But they did look up to him. Auba, Laca, David Luiz Özil and Alexis have been mentioned by the young players as the ones they admired. Nobody has mentioned model pro but less inspirational Xhaka. They just needed their hand held for six months

Yeah they would do as he was a class player (still is). But you could see he was losing that hunger and was going through the motions playing for us. He wasn't motivated and you need every player motivated throughout the season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
we'll be around 6-8th next season, best bet is winning the europa with a favourable draw.

Just can't help but feel missing out on top 4 this season will cost us dearly. You see it so often in all kind of sports where teams/athletes do well, but bottle it at the end and people talk about how they are so young/exceeded expectations/will do better from here etc etc but that rarely turns out to be the case. Success breeds Success
We won't win Europa because Ten Hag will win it with Utd.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom