• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's being treated like a manager who was brought in with little experience and they knew it'd be a bumpy road. Clearly they still see something in him, which speaks to the work he's done behind the scenes.

Curious, say you let him go after the season, who would you bring in that'd be a guaranteed improvement?
Mancini, Zidane, Pochettino for starters. The Kroenke's are clueless, know nothing about football and easily fooled so his work behind the scenes is a moot point tbh

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
So why are you supporting our current ego egotistical manager? And I was talking about players, but yeah, if the manager has an ego and the players as well usually goes wrong. The best is letting the players being the center of the show and not the manager. That's why Mourinho usually could be more than 3 years in a team even being the successful manager he was.

I support the club's stance on changing the culture based on previous decades. We were always known as a 'soft touch', young players thinking they were better than they really were, teams knowing they can bully Arsenal. Young players need nurturing and discipline to a level. We needed to try and raise the bar for standards set and the young players need to know it's an honour to wear the shirt and not no joke business... Our experienced players haven't shown up enough this season and they aren't good enough for where we need to be. Chelsea have Azpilicueta, Kante, Thiago Silva, top top players who have won the big trophies when the stakes are high. City have De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Kyle Walker, Mahrez.. Liverpool have Milner, Van Dijk, Salah, Fabinho, Alisson. All players that will show up when needed. Our ones didn't this season.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I support the club's stance on changing the culture based on previous decades. We were always known as a 'soft touch', young players thinking they were better than they really were, teams knowing they can bully Arsenal. Young players need nurturing and discipline to a level. We needed to try and raise the bar for standards set and the young players need to know it's an honour to wear the shirt and not no joke business... Our experienced players haven't shown up enough this season and they aren't good enough for where we need to be. Chelsea have Azpilicueta, Kante, Thiago Silva, top top players who have won the big trophies when the stakes are high. City have De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Kyle Walker, Mahrez.. Liverpool have Milner, Van Dijk, Salah, Fabinho, Alisson. All players that will show up when needed. Our ones didn't this season.
After watching today's match, you really think Arteta's culture is better than the one we had? Did you not see the capitulation out there to ****ing Newcastle lol.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I agree, and i'm frustrated as hell just as much as you are, but we have to be realistic. We are building our team to compete in the long term.
In football, 5 years without CL is a long term, in that time you could lose a gold generation of players. 3 years with a manager and 300M, with the current context, not getting in UCL and the way the team plays, the inconsistencies, the lack of creativity after 3 years... It's sackable.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We are still a soft touch abd get bullied and we now have a humble group of players with less self belief than maybe they should have. The standards have been lowered to elevate Arteta and when he honours a man who threw the shirt to the ground but turns up to training on time over a jovial captain that won't lick the manager's buttom, I'm not sure the young players will necessarily thrive in this "new culture".

teamsoutheast

When he just arrived with Emery be was playing great football in EL. Maybe not regressed but not that great progression after 3 years. But him, Saka, Ødegaard aren't the problem here but Arteta.
OK, which player U21 player in the PL is better than him since he hasn't made that much progression then?

yorch44

I would prefer Wengers culture everyday over this Arteta culture of yes man. You are contradicting yourself because Arteta only talks about but you said, the don't show themselves. So are you believing to a man who always uses excuses?

I can talk about culture but that needs to be showed. Something Simeone didn't take more than one year to impose in Atlético. Klopp did it since his arriving, pep as well. Printing that doesn't take that long. Our manager is a fraud, he sells you the idea but fails in execute it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I would prefer Wengers culture everyday over this Arteta culture of yes man. You are contradicting yourself because Arteta only talks about but you said, the don't show themselves. So are you believing to a man who always uses excuses?

I can talk about culture but that needs to be showed. Something Simeone didn't take more than one year to impose in Atlético. Klopp did it since his arriving, pep as well. Printing that doesn't take that long. Our manager is a fraud, he sells you the idea but fails in execute it.
Eddie Howe had his team playing Eddie Howe's brand of football after about 6 weeks of struggle. The man in charge of our club has been given 2.5 years and every excuse under the sun. He needs a full preseason. Ok fair, finished 8th again. He needs his own new players. Ok, outspent everyone in Europe and will miss out on top 4 because of a threadbare squad that he made that way and shocking gameplans against dreck like Southampton and a Newcastle with nothing to play for. But yeah that's a culture change to celebrate. 🤮🤮🤮

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
And to get what he has out of the young players he has at his disposal is very good man management indeed. This project needs no ego's. We just need players who want to be here and show that hunger and focus with or without CL football.
The young players are playing their natural game and on the memories of their youth experience. Theirs is a natural progression and not something the manager has tapped. No top player is joining to play for Arteta and the youngsters may not extend or stay

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Eddie Howe had his team playing Eddie Howe's brand of football after about 6 weeks of struggle. The man in charge of our club has been given 2.5 years and every excuse under the sun. He needs a full preseason. Ok fair, finished 8th again. He needs his own new players. Ok, outspent everyone in Europe and will miss out on top 4 because of a threadbare squad that he made that way and shocking gameplans against dreck like Southampton and a Newcastle with nothing to play for. But yeah that's a culture change to celebrate. 🤮🤮🤮
You can add Vieira to that group as well. Arteta now has more PL management experience than him and Lampard but it's not clear and obvious.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
You can add Vieira to that group as well. Arteta now has more PL management experience than him and Lampard but it's not clear and obvious.
Vieira is doing everything so well at Palace, has had to navigate injuries and has never once complained about not having his preferred XI. That team has been totally transformed by him immediately. Even when they don't play well, the effort and intensity are ever-present. He hasn't needed to have public spats with players to exert control either. How novel.

teamsoutheast

Pep was given the spending power to buy whoever he wants which helped him massively. Can he do it with a young team though without the spending power he has had at the previous clubs he has been at?? Still question marks on his true ability for me although he has been very successful when having near unlimited spending power. It also hasn't helped that our best midfielder has been out injured. Key players being injured at key stages of the season is difficult for any team.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

teamsoutheast

The young players are playing their natural game and on the memories of their youth experience. Theirs is a natural progression and not something the manager has tapped. No top player is joining to play for Arteta and the youngsters may not extend or stay

So why are we being linked to Gabriel Jesus, Pablo Dybala? Why is Tielemans considering joining despite interest from Real Madrid? Saka and Martinelli will be EPL young player of the year nominees. No player in the EPL U21 is playing better than them right now.

arghhhh

Linked. We want them and they might not want us. Journalists also make up stories to bait clicks.

I wouldn't be so sure that anyone of these will join us after missing out on CL.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So why are we being linked to Gabriel Jesus, Pablo Dybala? Why is Tielemans considering joining despite interest from Real Madrid? Saka and Martinelli will be EPL young player of the year nominees. No player in the EPL U21 is playing better than them right now.
It's all paper talk. Wenger got rinsed for rhe players he failed to sign and that was when we had CL and played some of the best football in Europe. The club is no longer as attractive, not as rich as many, no legendary manager and no word class players. Our young players are doing well but do you believe they will stay here for turgid football and no trophies or even the chance of trophies? We will overpay and get a Willian type if we're not smart. From Vhalovic to Jesus. It's downhill

yorch44

Pep was given the spending power to buy whoever he wants which helped him massively. Can he do it with a young team though without the spending power he has had at the previous clubs he has been at?? Still question marks on his true ability for me although he has been very successful when having near unlimited spending power. It also hasn't helped that our best midfielder has been out injured. Key players being injured at key stages of the season is difficult for any team.
You are talking actual Pep, I mean the one who got in Barcelona and immediately made changes to give his style to the team. I don't know if it's the better, and yes he has great players. But he still put his mark on the team. We don't have any with Arteta, one game we go for possession game, other we go for counterattack, the next we go for quick transitions and the next we play slow building football. If you ask yourself how are we going to play next game you couldn't tell. Today I thought we would play like we did against Spuds with very very high pressure and we went for deep defending.

Reactions: Kav

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
For Artetasexuals, considering we had the highest transfer spend in Europe, only 1 game a week, and Arteta had 2 seasons to do his culture change. WHY weren't you expecting top 4? These circumstances sound like our easiest shot at top 4 in a while?

@grange @AbouCuéllar
Newcastle spent 125m in January and have 15 losses. Howe was in charge for 10 of those. People want him here for some reason.

Anyway, I looked at the roster and thought it was a 5th or 6th place roster at the beginning of the season and the only way we'd be getting top 4 would be with luck. Most people here were bashing our summer transfer window. You're also using hindsight to judge this season when we did not expect United or Sp**s to perform this poorly.

People who were expecting top 4 this season weren't basing it on looking over our roster and were using arbitrary "standards" rather than accepting that life after Wenger and cleaning this club up were going to take more time than most here were willing to admit.

I expected a patient rebuild in (and after) Arteta's 2nd season because that's what Josh Kroenke was stressing and the signs pointed towards it allowing Edu/Arteta to make strange transfers that did not bring money in. I would rather get the rebuild right than continue a coaching carousel. We're used to our sports teams doing that sort of thing in the US though maybe not so much across the pond.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom