• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Pep was given the spending power to buy whoever he wants which helped him massively. Can he do it with a young team though without the spending power he has had at the previous clubs he has been at?? Still question marks on his true ability for me although he has been very successful when having near unlimited spending power. It also hasn't helped that our best midfielder has been out injured. Key players being injured at key stages of the season is difficult for any team.
We will never have City's spending power and Arteta will never have Pep's aura. Forget Pep. Arteta will never compete and therefore, neither will Arsenal for as long as he's here. The same question marks over Pep apply to Arteta after thus season bit one has a pedigree. I was told by so many that Xhaka was our best midfielder and there's no way Tierney should be that important.

arghhhh

It's all paper talk. Wenger got rinsed for rhe players he failed to sign and that was when we had CL and played some of the best football in Europe. The club is no longer as attractive, not as rich as many, no legendary manager and no word class players. Our young players are doing well but do you believe they will stay here for turgid football and no trophies or even the chance of trophies? We will overpay and get a Willian type if we're not smart. From Vhalovic to Jesus. It's downhill
Yeah penny pinching when we're title contenders. Some serious transfer blunders thanks to StatDNA. I remember when Eduardo and Denilson were asking Wenger to sign Modric and Willian (he used to be good), Szczęsny was urging Wenger to sign Lewandoski too when he was still at Dortmund.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
So why are we being linked to Gabriel Jesus, Pablo Dybala? Why is Tielemans considering joining despite interest from Real Madrid? Saka and Martinelli will be EPL young player of the year nominees. No player in the EPL U21 is playing better than them right now.
Dybala and Gabriel both very meeeeh signings. Players who couldn't do it in their teams and looking for being top among the average. Basically going to an easy surrounding to win money. Tielmans I don't even know if he can do it here where we clearly need a more physical midfielder.

yorch44

Arteta is pretty much solely responsible for this debacle. I am not an Arteta out guy but if he was fired for Potter or even Moyes I wouldn’t mind
Just join us! We welcome you!
sith GIF

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah penny pinching when we're title contenders. Some serious transfer blunders thanks to StatDNA. I remember when Eduardo and Denilson were asking Wenger to sign Modric and Willian (he used to be good), Szczęsny was urging Wenger to sign Lewandoski too when he was still at Dortmund.
We had to penny pinch at times with the stadium build and relying on a lot of injury prone players was our undoing too. We've made errors but this season is something else.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Dybala and Gabriel both very meeeeh signings. Players who couldn't do it in their teams and looking for being top among the average. Basically going to an easy surrounding to win money. Tielmans I don't even know if he can do it here where we clearly need a more physical midfielder.
Not exactly the threat of a peak Auba between them. We keep buying worse players and hope to improve. Smh

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Genuinely worries me how many people say "X amount spent and no results" over and over without realizing you're literally 5th in net transfer spend and 5th in annual wage budget over the last 5 years.

Your squad was ****ing terrible when Arteta took over. It's not like you were pushing for the title and just needed that little bit extra (as was the narrative back in the early 2010s), you were in a situation where genuinely half the squad was either not good enough, on insane wages, injury prone, getting old, unsettled or a mixture of all.

How many key players at Arsenal right now are in their prime? I can only name 2, those being Xhaka and Partey. You've invested heavily in the future, yet people are lambasting the manager for (in their minds) failing in the present.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
It's all paper talk. Wenger got rinsed for rhe players he failed to sign and that was when we had CL and played some of the best football in Europe. The club is no longer as attractive, not as rich as many, no legendary manager and no word class players. Our young players are doing well but do you believe they will stay here for turgid football and no trophies or even the chance of trophies? We will overpay and get a Willian type if we're not smart. From Vhalovic to Jesus. It's downhill

Jesus will allow us to relieve pressure off Saka. He scores goals and can play across the front line. Vlahovic was a good player to go for but the "money laundering" Juventus paid outrageous agent fees and he wanted to stay in Italy. Fair enough, I don't want players who don't wanna be here. And as for turgid football, did you see the Saka goal v Man City? Lacazette goal v Southampton? That was by no mean turgid football. Yes, we aren't scoring goals and firing on all cylinders but that I believe is because our midfield needs an upgrade. If the young players wish to leave that's fine providing we get the sell on value for them.

yorch44

Jesus will allow us to relieve pressure off Saka. He scores goals and can play across the front line. Vlahovic was a good player to go for but the "money laundering" Juventus paid outrageous agent fees and he wanted to stay in Italy. Fair enough, I don't want players who don't wanna be here. And as for turgid football, did you see the Saka goal v Man City? Lacazette goal v Southampton? That was by no mean turgid football. Yes, we aren't scoring goals and firing on all cylinders but that I believe is because our midfield needs an upgrade. If the young players wish to leave that's fine providing we get the sell on value for them.
2 goals in a whole season, with Wenger we scored those in a week

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is pretty much solely responsible for this debacle. I am not an Arteta out guy but if he was fired for Potter or even Moyes I wouldn’t mind

Yep I feel the same way. Tbh what's really left me in disbelief is how badly we've bottled it.

Like ignore our style of play or even Arteta's management style, when you look at how we played yesterday it was very clear that the nerves overtook us and we just could not handle it.

If we are that bad at handling just a top 4 race which is a bit of pressure but c'mon, this isn't a f*ckin title race...how can we manage more difficult and pressurised encounters? How could we think of challenging for titles...we'd crumble as soon as the going gets tough.

I don't really know what to say, big disappointment with how we capitulated. I am not sure what Arteta told the players but we did not come into this game with the right frame of mind at all.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Genuinely worries me how many people say "X amount spent and no results" over and over without realizing you're literally 5th in net transfer spend and 5th in annual wage budget over the last 5 years.

Your squad was ****ing terrible when Arteta took over. It's not like you were pushing for the title and just needed that little bit extra (as was the narrative back in the early 2010s), you were in a situation where genuinely half the squad was either not good enough, on insane wages, injury prone, getting old, unsettled or a mixture of all.

How many key players at Arsenal right now are in their prime? I can only name 2, those being Xhaka and Partey. You've invested heavily in the future, yet people are lambasting the manager for (in their minds) failing in the present.

Exactly!!! And they way people were carrying on at the start of the season when they know they never expected us in a million years to be competing for 3rd at this stage of the season. Again, this feels similar to Emery vibes where fans are just getting personal and not being reasonable.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Exactly!!! And they way people were carrying on at the start of the season when they know they never expected us in a million years to be competing for 3rd at this stage of the season. Again, this feels similar to Emery vibes where fans are just getting personal and not being reasonable.
Just go back to the rate our summer transfer business thread and read through the insanity.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The bright spots of football are few and far between. We've been pretty dire for over 80 percent of games imo. We used to be regulars on MOTD goal of the month/season but not now. If you want players who just want to be here, you will get a team of Elneny's unless you can sell and execute a better plan to better players. Jesus barely looks better than peak Laca. If he can't amaze at City, he's almost certain to flop here. I agree that our midfield needs an upgrade and that's why both Xhaka and Elneny should be shown the door. It's not coincidence that CL disappeared with those two in the middle. As for selling young players, Edu is atrocious. I bet we don't sell a single player for £30m or more this summer. We've just sold Guendouzi and Mavro for less than £25m combined! The track record of this regime is awful in too many ways.

yorch44

Because noone expected United and Spuds imploded the way they did and had to change the manager. Not because we played excellent football. A lot of games indeed was Emery vibes because we played horrible football but somehow Saka or ESR got a goal by individual ability more than great and consistent football.

Pro Arteta talk about numbers when it's convenient, avoid the bad ones and bring the good ones. But of we weren't playing horrible and inconsistent football I swear you we would be asking him to leave.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom