• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rattata

So he shouldn't fall out with his CAPTAIN when he turns up late for training? He shouldn't fall out with prima donnas like that Özil? Nope, no time for people like that. Let them go to Man Utd with their attitude.
Of course he should, but give them a way back and don't freeze them out forever costing the club millions of money. Look at how Chelsea treated the Lukaku situation. What Lukaku did is 1000 times worse than what happened with Auba and Özil and yet he's still at Chelsea and is even scoring recently again. Will he stay at Chelsea? No but now they can still sell him for a decent sum.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jose is a charismatic guy, even though I dislike him...players either love or hate him, you imagine.

Arteta is a bit like Rafa and Pep, just seems cold to everyone., even the players he rates...doubt many will have time for him, away from the pitch.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
So he shouldn't fall out with his CAPTAIN when he turns up late for training? He shouldn't fall out with prima donnas like that Özil? Nope, no time for people like that. Let them go to Man Utd with their attitude.
First, I find it hard to trust the Arteta propaganda about these situations...

But for the most part, an elite coach would find a way to make things work. Man management is one of his most important responsibilities. No one said the job was supposed to be easy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's being treated like a manager who was brought in with little experience and they knew it'd be a bumpy road. Clearly they still see something in him, which speaks to the work he's done behind the scenes.

Curious, say you let him go after the season, who would you bring in that'd be a guaranteed improvement?
This is actually not true. He was brought in as a special talent that didn’t need to go to lower level like other managers and his talent alone would make no experience no problems. It hasn’t worked out because 99.9% of managers need experience.

I think he has had more than fair enough chances to show what he can do and it hasn’t worked out. There is no one that can guarantee success when you dealing with sport. But I would give Potter a chance. He has earned a big job in what he has shown in ostersund and Brighton

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Of course he should, but give them a way back and don't freeze them out forever costing the club millions of money.

Nope, focus on people who want to be here. Who want to fight for the club through thick and thin, the ones who see it as an honour to wear the shirt. They clearly didn't take this club seriously. Look at Özil's career for instance. Could have been so much better based on his talent but his attitude was ****.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Jose is a charismatic guy, even though I dislike him...players either love or hate him, you imagine.

Arteta is a bit like Rafa and Pep, just seems cold to everyone., even the players he rates...doubt many will have time for him, away from the pitch.
I don't like Jose but the reality is that the only players he's fallen out with are the chronically lazy and in fact he seems to forge extremely strong bonds with many of his players. Listen to Tammy Abraham or Michael Essien speak about him. Not even Xhaka likes Arteta that much, in fact Xhaka spent all summer fawning over Mourinho.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
First, I find it hard to trust the Arteta propaganda about these situations...

But for the most part, an elite coach would find a way to make things work. Man management is one of his most important responsibilities. No one said the job was supposed to be easy.

And to get what he has out of the young players he has at his disposal is very good man management indeed. This project needs no ego's. We just need players who want to be here and show that hunger and focus with or without CL football.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
And to get what he has out of the young players he has at his disposal is very good man management indeed. This project needs no ego's. We just need players who want to be here and show that hunger and focus with or without CL football.
Yet he couldn't motivate them to nick a goal against Newcastle. I would say even the young players have regressed under him.

ThePortugueseGunner

As I've said before, I really had to give credit to him when we went on that great that made it almost impossible to think we wouldn't secure top-4. But this is unforgivable... The bottle job. The fact that we depend on relegated, last-place Norwich City to beat Tottenham to achieve something we had pretty much guaranteed.

We depend on the bottlers to bottle. What does that make us?

Out of those three straight losses (Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton) plus these two (Tottenham, Newcastle), all it took was for us to win ONE OF THESE F****** GAMES. We would be ahead and depending on ourselves to win against Everton.

It's embarassing. It's so damn embarassing.

Batman

Nobody can honestly explain what Arteta does well. His man management is dogsh*t. His team selection is dogsh*t. His tactics are poor and his in game management is Amber Heardsh*t. There is not a single element of management where he isn't below par other than excuse making and waffling to the media where he is best in class.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Nobody can honestly explain what Arteta does well. His man management is dogsh*t. His team selection is dogsh*t. His tactics are poor and his in game management is Amber Heardsh*t. There is not a single element of management where he isn't below par other than excuse making and waffling to the media where he is best in class.

It's all vibes for these cultists. They don't know what he does well. They'll just point to an interview where Pep says he think Arteta might be a good manager. Ignoring the fact that managers say nice **** about former colleagues all the time. It's meaningless.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Wih young players, you need stability, calm heads who encourage them on the pitch and off it. I don't agree with having too many egotistical players. Henry's ego and personality were great at times when playing but it didn't get him far when he was manager at Monaco. The players lost respect for him so it's more about stability in the dressing room for me.
So why are you supporting our current ego egotistical manager? And I was talking about players, but yeah, if the manager has an ego and the players as well usually goes wrong. The best is letting the players being the center of the show and not the manager. That's why Mourinho usually could be more than 3 years in a team even being the successful manager he was.

Batman

It's all vibes for these cultists. They don't know what he does well. They'll just point to an interview where Pep says he think Arteta might be a good manager. Ignoring the fact that managers say nice **** about former colleagues all the time. It's meaningless.
The crazy part being that the vibes of bottling top 4 losing to nothing teams are miserable. It must suck to not be able to admit you were wrong about him. I thought he'd be a good manager and I was sorely mistaken.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom