• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Who was available in January bar Vlahovic that would have been better than what we got. Vlahovic is probably the closest profile you will get to Erland Haaland. A young, tall, strong complete CF. That profile is very very rare ATM.
Not my job as a scout but im sure we could have found someone if we wanted to. And if we couldnt then what on earth are we paying these people for?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We don't play good football, that's the first thing he needs to sort out and results will come later. Atm, we are just garbage with no real strength and some very obvious issues in buildup play and creating chances. If we ignore the results, can you say you see something in his football that makes you positive about the future? Just asking as you seem to be positive that he can do it

When we had our first choice team this season, we actually looked very good.

Not sexy football, but very functional and were beating most teams deservedly.

If we can add more quality to our depth, as you can't rely on just 11 people...we aren't that far away from Top 4.

He has a lot to do, but do believe we can get Champions League with him.

Even if you don't rate Arteta, player quality wise, we will be one of the favs for Europa.

And in the league...only Pool and City are definitely finishing above us next season, the rest are catchable with their issues...have to sort out our issues too though!

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We have improved our goalscoring but only barely while we have conceded more goals this season compared to 20/21. But a lot of Tetasexuals are still talking about "progress". Can someone tell me what progress these freaks talk about?

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
So when we signed Luiz and Willian it was these players are over the hill. When we sign young players they need time to develop? Ultimately Arteta approved both of these strategies and has hid behind them.

And i get we have a young squad. But we have a young experienced squad who should be finding consistency. They shouldn't have the rawness of a newly blooded player - and if they do wr need to ask why? Are they really good enough?

Ramsdale (aged 24 - 125 senior appearances before this season)
Tomiyasu (ager 23 - 160 senior appearances before this season)
White (aged 24 - 163)
Gabriel (24 - 128)
Tierney (24 - 232)
Partey (28 - 291)
Xhaka (29 - 421)
Saka (20 - 92)
Ødegaard (23 - 252)
Martinelli (20 - 83)
Lacazette (30 - 445)

Esr (21 - 71)
Sambi (22 - 78)
Tavares ( 22 - 41)
Nketiah ( 22 - 85)

IMO that is a very experienced squad that we started the season with. Nearly every player had played around 3 seasons of senior football. The ones that hadn't had at least 2 seasons worth of games. I accept games do not necessarily translate to minutes so there may be a gap there but there is still involvement and with that experience gained.

Its a false position to hide behind IMO.

I can see why the club went for Willian and Luiz. They are both top players who have won the top trophies in football. They know what it takes to win when the stakes are high hence why the club went for them to supplement the youngsters. You need that, every team needs that and the top teams have that. Chelsea have Kante, Thiago Silva, Azplicueta, City have Kyle Walker, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Fernandinho Liverpool have Fabinho, Robertson, Van Dijk, Alisson, all experienced difference makers to guide and supplement the youth. Our difference makers flopped.... Lacazette, i'm looking at you, Xhaka, too erratic despite being an experienced professional who captains his country. Cedric not influential enough, Elneny 29 years old and should be able to influence games but can't do it consistently. It's not enough i'm afraid.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
When we have our first choice team this season, we actually looked very good.
We had our first choice team against Palace and it was such a beating that we won't be able to forget it anytime soon. Completely overrun by a bottom/midtable team. We don't look good, we only hope that some individual player will do magic and we could steal some points. End of last season it was Pepe making the difference, this season it was Saka and in some games Partey, none of them did it on a regular basis.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm just so sick of it all, there's nothing remotely enjoyable about this process. I could forgive it if we were playing good football and it was just our defence letting us down. But there's nothing you can point to and say this aspect is good.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can see why the club went for Willian and Luiz. They are both top players who have won the top trophies in football. They know what it takes to win when the stakes are high hence why the club went for them to supplement the youngsters. You need that, every team needs that and the top teams have that. Chelsea have Kante, Thiago Silva, Azplicueta, City have Kyle Walker, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Fernandinho Liverpool have Fabinho, Robertson, Van Dijk, Alisson, all experienced difference makers to guide and supplement the youth. Our difference makers flopped.... Lacazette, i'm looking at you, Xhaka, too erratic despite being an experienced professional who captains his country. Cedric not influential enough, Elneny 29 years old and should be able to influence games but can't do it consistently. It's not enough i'm afraid.
You and James McPrickolas blaming Elneny is a joke! He very much influenced those wins against Chelsea, United and West Ham. It's too easy to reduce this sh!t show to just one or two players.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

And in the league...only Pool and City are definitely finishing above us next season, the rest are catchable with their issues...have to sort out our issues too though!

You can maybe add Chelsea to that as well depending on if their club survives lololol.

I do think it's true that at the beginning of every season it does look like top 4 will be hard but inevitably some teams don't end up performing up to expectation.

That said I think we might genuinely be seeing a manyoo resurgence and Tottenham will likely be stiff competition too as well as an emergent Newcastle.

I can see it being hard to make top 4 next year, though I don't think it's completely hopeless.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Again: There is nothing to debate. You are not an Arsenal fan.

Hhahahahhahahah. Rubbish, trash talk. How am I not an Arsenal fan?????? You berate our young players that you gave no hope to in the first place and i'm the one who's not an Arsenal fan..... Go check yourself mate!

mpower2540

Worth reading, Nketiah, Elneny and Cedric get all the blame. Apparently it's about quality, not Arteta.
I mean, I get it, the players we’ve had available recently aren’t really up to it and as an Arsenal reporter I guess it’s the rational way of analysing the situation without opening yourself up to being “negative”.

However he’s shown very little as far as coaching goes and his ability to manage through crisis or pressure periods has been truly hopeless. I never liked Emery much but Arteta has reigned over quite honestly the worst level of football I’ve ever seen being an Arsenal fan. We’re going to bat for him like he’s got some huge upside or potential yet he’s shown to be pretty mediocre at best.

Off the pitch, while I don’t agree with everything he’s done, at least he’s had the courage of his convictions to reshape the squad and even if I dislike the decisions it takes balls to do that.

I think he cares an awful lot about Arsenal, in fact probably a little too much. It’s almost like having a fan in charge. Every fan has their favourites/agendas and at times I think this has badly effected his ability to trust certain members of the squad. I watch him in interviews and you can see how emotional he is to the point where he’s talking over interviewers he’s so wound up.

He’s young and who knows he could grow in to a good manager but I think nailing our colours to the Arteta mast is going to prove to be a mistake. Next season he’s laid bare to everyone and his excuses are gone.

Haphazard

So scoring against Man Utd at Old Trafford is going missing, Scoring at Stamford Bridge (twice in 2 seasons with last season being the winner) is going missing? Scoring at home against Sp**s is going missing???????? GTFOH with your nonsense.
Yes not doing jack **** in the games that matter against NC,Sp**s, Soton,Palace and Brighton is going missing even though he was not alone the entire team went missing it just goes to show that the talent is overhyped by our fans.

and again you are not understanding the point, scoring is of course important but does he contribute when the midfield is under pressure? is he press resistant? defensive awareness? strength on the ball?

He should never have been given the #10 he is still young but he should have been used as a backup to a senior midfielder we should have bought.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom