• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
“If you had told arsenal fans we’d finish 5th at the start of the season, most would be OK with it” fans make me so annoyed.
Wonder if I told you it would take arteta 3 seasons ( and let’s face it next season seems a stretch too) and 250m to still not finish 4th or even get to 70 points you’d think it’s a good appointment.
There’s nothing to debate here. The football is **** and we’ve seen enough. Only issue is the manager market
Another argument that grinds my gears is the "we're a young squad that'll only get better." It might be true, but are they forgetting that the likes of Sp**s with Conte + CL, United, and even Newcastle will likely be better in the coming years as well. Chelsea is a wildcard with their ownership situation but I doubt they'll fall off a cliff. No point even mentioning City and Pool who are lightyears ahead.

Also player progression isn't linear so this might be the best version of Saka, Martinelli, ESR, et al. we get, just look at Rashford, Dele Alli, and co. who many thought would be world beaters by now. I'm confident our youngsters will get better but there's no guarantees.

Us and Sp**s are in the most precarious position in regards to dropping another level due to the financial might of our competitors, which is why getting that head start by clinching top 4, and being able to pull that CL card during player recruitment, while our rivals are floundering, was crucial for both of us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You don't need to worry about me.

You're happy with this season and we're ahead of schedule so preserve your peace. I on the other hand want to engage in this therapeutic group vent session and believe me I will.
What schedule? Arteta took over 2019 Dec. You think he was given 5 years plan to get top 4? Even Arsenals main pr guy David Ornstein said when he got the job the target were respectable position that half season and aim for top 4. This is retweet of Ornstein tweet in 2019

Rattata

What schedule? Arteta took over 2019 Dec. You think he was given 5 years plan to get top 4? Even Arsenals main pr guy David Ornstein said when he got the job the target were respectable position that half season and aim for top 4. This is retweet of Ornstein tweet in 2019

This was pre Corona which the club has overused as an excuse for the failures.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
“If you had told arsenal fans we’d finish 5th at the start of the season, most would be OK with it” fans make me so annoyed.
Wonder if I told you it would take arteta 3 seasons ( and let’s face it next season seems a stretch too) and 250m to still not finish 4th or even get to 70 points you’d think it’s a good appointment.
There’s nothing to debate here. The football is **** and we’ve seen enough. Only issue is the manager market

Can we please pin this post. It says it all!

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

3 years on & this tepid project has barely moved a metre.

If he were a building contractor all had have to show for it would be a toilet with a busted flush.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Look at this ****ing stupid inbred idiot. Arteta literally took the team Emery had and built on it?!

Hahahahahahaha The team Arteta decimated and gave away? The team this entire forum kept telling me was useless? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

kill-myself.gif

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This was pre Corona which the club has overused as an excuse for the failures.
Corona the virus that only affected Arsenal football club. I only post it because Arteta fans has spreading a lie that we were years of competing for top 4 and he was given several hundred million and 3-4 years to get there.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seasons end has really hit home how the real target is to achieve top four then maintain it. We don’t want to compete at the top, outside of a Leicester style miracle.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
If Sp**s lost Son and Kane for long periods during the season, they would feel it. Losing key players at key periods of the season is pivotal.

We were without Partey and Tierney yesterday, while Newcastle were without Wood, Trippier, Shelvey, Willock, Isaac Hayden, Schär leaving injured 4 minutes into second half, Wilson played for the full 90 minutes after being out 4 months and kept going, Ryan Fraser only played 13 minutes after being away for a period too.

If we don't act like idiots in January we'd have cover for injured players. But we decided to desperately get everybody out and get nothing back in. Ridiculous. We only have 1 tournament to focus on since January 20th, and we look this exhausted at the end of the season. A joke.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You don't need to worry about me.

You're happy with this season and we're ahead of schedule so preserve your peace. I on the other hand want to engage in this therapeutic group vent session and believe me I will.

I didn’t think you’d ever get like this. Sad to see. Wouldn’t say we’re a head of schedule, we’re where I thought we were going to be at start.

Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

3 years on & this tepid project has barely moved a metre.

If he were a building contractor all had have to show for it would be a toilet with a busted flush.
He is not up to it and the board is not up to it. I can accept both, but what I can’t accept is the idiots who are so loyal to him and always make excuses for him. They will make the same excuse next season. Their argument is as long as Arteta gets 6th every year he has done well. I mean next season can you ask him to finish ahead of City, Liverpool and Chelsea? No

United will spend big can you ask him to finish above them? No

Sp**s finish 6 years ahead of us and have CL football and Conte can you ask to give finish ahead of them? No

So we will have the same argument with these freaks year in year out.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

He is not up to it and the board is not up to it. I can accept both, but what I can’t accept is the idiots who are so loyal to him and always make excuses for him. They will make the same excuse next season. Their argument is as long as Arteta gets 6th every year he has done well. I mean next season can you ask him to finish ahead of City, Liverpool and Chelsea? No

United will spend big can you ask him to finish above them? No

Sp**s finish 6 years ahead of us and have CL football and Conte can you ask to give finish ahead of them? No

So we will have the same argument with these freaks year in year out.

The gravest sin committed by Tets & the craven **** at his back is lowering the standards of a club that has always been at English Football's pinnacle in some form.

They've continuously peddled the nonsense that we can't hope to unseat City, Liverpool or Chelsea. This is true to a degree in so much that you need an effective recruitment plan, well defined management structure & the ambition necessary to go along with the former pre-requisites.

They've mocked the ethos & traditions of this grand institution whilst trying to ostracize, discredit, and vehemently attack figures whose legacies with this club run deeper than theirs ever will!

Arteta's downfall is going to taste greater than any dish I've ever served up. The prospect of it is so palpable I can almost taste it!

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom