• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you take Ivan Gazidis back?

Would you prefer Ivan or Raúl?

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Gazidis is a clown. But his stint at AC Milan has been a success for a matter of reasons.
1) There’s less league winning competition in Serie A than the PL. In the last 10 years only Juve and Inter have won the league. Compare that to the PL where City, Chelsea, Leicester and Liverpool have won it.

2) The decline of Juve has left a power vacuum which the Milan teams have taken advantage of.

3) Gazidis is surrounded by a team intelligent, experienced footballing people with high standards. Unlike Arsenal which employ children like Arteta and Edu.

It’s possible that Gazidis has learned from his time at Arsenal and improved, but I’m not so sure he could replicate this at Arsenal. Let him stay where he is. He’s doing well there and I don’t miss him.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
It's really not, unless you believe a manager controls luck. But any person with any sanity whatsoever can see that Arteta's 21-22 season is FAR superior to Em*ry's 18-19. It's better in every single way except PTS (which even then, Em*ry wins by one).

This without adding the context of where the club was picked up at (Arteta picked it up on a 52.6 pts / 46.7 xpts pace left by Em*ry, Em*ry picked it up on a 63 pts and 65 xPTS left by Wenger). But yeah.

It's literally hilarious that there's even debate about this on this forum, it's a great discredit to the intellectual level of this forum, tbh.

To repeat:

Honestly, without getting into the statistical analysis which only gives more context and paints an even more clearer picture, what is actually debatable about the bolded, lol?

Yet you still have this weird contradiction / alternative reality going on here...

In short, one can only defer to the objective evidence, and not get bogged down arguing about things that aren't actually arguable or worth arguing between any two reasonable people. Which is why I compiled all that evidence in that post. Mikel Arteta: 36 More Months :)
Arteta also had, what 2.5 years and 300 million of spending before this season? Emery's first season was literally his first but jog on.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Arteta also had, what 2.5 years and 300 million of spending before this season? Emery's first season was literally his first but jog on.
So? All that matters is the level of the squad that he was dealing with compared to the competition. Was Em*ry's level of squad compared to competition in 18-19 worse than Arteta's in 21-22? I think it would be very hard to make that argument, but feel free, I'd be interested to see it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Gazidis was awful. Others have explained why so I won't go on. Barely a week after winning Serie A, there's already friction between Maldini and the board whom he called disrespectful. He also said that he could never be part of a project that wasn't geared towards success. Sound familiar? Juve and Inter are rebuilding and Roma and Napoli aren't what they were. Milan were ideally placed to win the title and they did but Gazidis and remote American owners is hardly a recipe for hope. Raul on a very tight leash will do less damage

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Gazidis was awful. Others have explained why so I won't go on. Barely a week after winning Serie A, there's already friction between Maldini and the board whom he called disrespectful. He also said that he could never be part of a project that wasn't geared towards success. Sound familiar? Juve and Inter are rebuilding and Roma and Napoli aren't what they were. Milan were ideally placed to win the title and they did but Gazidis and remote American owners is hardly a recipe for hope. Raul on a very tight leash will do less damage

Maldini is angry at the board?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Just remember the same clown that first introduced the notion of Arteta as our manager is the same guy who wanted to fire their current manager and give Rangnick the job.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Yep. More inclined to believe that Milan won Serie A in spite of Gazidis rather than because of him.

Gazidis is a terrible football executive. The fact that he recently said in an interview that Arsenal were happy to finish 4th in his time here, whilst giving us the bullshit about going for the title tells you all you need to know about this clown.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I need a lot more info and actual snitching to make an informed decision.

Otherwise from my perspective all these execs look the same, they come here not knowing nothing, learn on the job and perform for their next club.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Everytime Gazidis is brought up I think of him gift wrapping United their last title and it just brings up that rage from that time period again.

Haven't followed what's been going on at Milan recently but well done to him on any part he played in their title success. I'd never want him back here though.

Riotof91

You’re absolutely right. Even though Milan won the Scudetto don’t be fooled the clubs soul is being destroyed by foreigners and businessmen who have no respect for the history and stature of the club and basically want to turn them into a franchise. They’re more concerned with signing deals with Jay z, tearing down San Siro and doing Merch then being top European football club. Very, very familiar.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The only way he gets back into The Emirates is if it's to give him a public trial that ends with him being tarred & feathered.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we want to bring in someone who's actually responsible for Milan's success maybe we should look at the man who's goals helped fired them to the title. You know another guy supposedly not good enough for Arsenal.

But seriously tho, I'm not sure how much credit Ivan should get for Milan's success, certainly in comparison to the players and the manager it should be a small percentage if given any credit at all, but I've no real knowledge of the inner workings of Milan or how it is run. I think it's now more about sustainability now over the coming years, that's when you can truly give someone like Ivan credit.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think he just learned on the job and did a better one once he left Arsenal. Like Giroud did. Like Arteta and Edu will probably do too.

That's just what Arsenal does.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom