• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is what’s totally bonkers about these contracts, ESR signed last year for 20K a week until 2026 after a purple patch. Probably grateful to get a long term deal. Eddie might have taken the same at the start of the year. Now, after his purple patch he’s demanding 5x what ESR got this year, and Saka could get 10x if he stays. As you say it’s all about timing. ESR from euphoria to gutted.

I don't know about purple patch Trax , the man scored 4-5 goals . A 100k is absurd , not even sure it's good for Eddie's career.

Fabregasm

Seen players in recent time that drops form and motivation straight after signing big contract renewal over good stretch of form prior to that. Kind of worried on this too

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Here's hoping what we saw near the end of the season wasn't a purple patch because that was one of the dullest purple patches I would have witnessed.

He's like Arteta, most of the credit for his contract renewal actually belongs to Chelsea.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
7, 11, 10 and 14 of THE Arsenal...

rugrats-lede72-1300x731.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Happy for Eddie to secure a big contract. This only makes sense for us if he's given plenty playing opportunities to keep improving. There's no point renewing him to have him sit on the bench again but given Auba and now Laca are gone he should get plenty games to gain momentum.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I don't know about purple patch Trax , the man scored 4-5 goals . A 100k is absurd , not even sure it's good for Eddie's career.
Agreed.

I don't really think Eddie has a future here but there will be clubs interested as he has a knack for scoring goals even if he has no other outstanding attributes. I can see a midtable club taking a punt on him for £25m ish and if that's the case £100k per week is good business as we'll make a profit on the contract at that price, if we sell him in the next 1-2 years.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's so bizarre that we went from him being 4th choice almost going into last season (Balogun was preferred for Brentford even if it was just for that game) and then being given so little chances for virtually all of the season to then have a Lacazette injury turn the entire situation around like this.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I think it makes sense that we try to keep Nketiah. Fine bench option alongside Martinelli to provide cover for Jesus or another striker.

I don't think it makes sense to pay your bench options €100k/week, though. That's what Bellerin, Xhaka, Leno, Tierney are in. He's not at that level. We messed up by giving Martinelli 90k a week, so compared to that it's alright.

I think 70k would make more sense, also given the fact that we would probably sell him next season to a midtable PL team, who won't cough up that money. In terms of being able to ship him out again, it probably would've made more sense to give a bit more signing bonus and about 30k/week less.

Also ridiculous to give the guy number 14, brings such pressure.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's so bizarre that we went from him being 4th choice almost going into last season (Balogun was preferred for Brentford even if it was just for that game) and then being given so little chances for virtually all of the season to then have a Lacazette injury turn the entire situation around like this.
Really shows how bad Lacazette is tbh.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Really shows how bad Lacazette is tbh.

But he was so bad for ages and Arteta refused to give Eddie a start until Laca got injured (or ill I can't remember), it's another one of those things Arteta seemed to just stumble onto and in a few games he showed far more than Laca did all season. And now we're in this situation, it's so bizarre how things changed so quickly.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think it makes sense that we try to keep Nketiah. Fine bench option alongside Martinelli to provide cover for Jesus or another striker.

I don't think it makes sense to pay your bench options €100k/week, though. That's what Bellerin, Xhaka, Leno, Tierney are in. He's not at that level. We messed up by giving Martinelli 90k a week, so compared to that it's alright.

I think 70k would make more sense, also given the fact that we would probably sell him next season to a midtable PL team, who won't cough up that money. In terms of being able to ship him out again, it probably would've made more sense to give a bit more signing bonus and about 30k/week less.

Also ridiculous to give the guy number 14, brings such pressure.
A lot of talk is the 100k a week is the figure when you add the signing on fee to it. It just makes the reports in the media/twitter more dramatic saying 100k instead of 70-80k plus signing on fee. Who knows mind.

If that was the case 70/80k isn't bad. People will say oh but it's Nketiah. But he's still a young player who could turn into a semi reliable goalscorer. Maybe like Defoe. I'm not saying he will be that level but a solid scorer.

I think if Martinelli was put up for sale tomorrow there would be a raft of clubs looking to take his 90k a week of our hands and paying for the pleasure to do so. I don't see that being a problem.

The problem is paying the likes of Cedric/Mari and these kind of has beens or won't ever bes 60-90k a week.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
A lot of talk is the 100k a week is the figure when you add the signing on fee to it. It just makes the reports in the media/twitter more dramatic saying 100k instead of 70-80k plus signing on fee. Who knows mind.

If that was the case 70/80k isn't bad. People will say oh but it's Nketiah. But he's still a young player who could turn into a semi reliable goalscorer. Maybe like Defoe. I'm not saying he will be that level but a solid scorer.

I think if Martinelli was put up for sale tomorrow there would be a raft of clubs looking to take his 90k a week of our hands and paying for the pleasure to do so. I don't see that being a problem.

The problem is paying the likes of Cedric/Mari and these kind of has beens or won't ever bes 60-90k a week.
Ah that would already make a lot more sense. They tend to do the same for top signings, throwing the fee + agent fees + salary together to announce a player costs insane amounts a week, but it's not just salary they talk about. 70-80k should be manageable for PL teams (I really see this contract extension as him providing cover this year and being sold for a reasonable fee next year).

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom