• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 969,505

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is 22 players plus 3 GK's. Although Xhaka likely leaves if Tielemans comes, and his place could be taken by a youngster like Patino or Azeez.

Would look very nice, and Osimhen, Abraham or someone could be lined up for striker next summer.

Every position has at least 2 players. It would be a very young squad especially without Xhaka.

Squad plans next season:

GK: Ramsdale, Turner, Hein

LB: Tierney, Martinez

RB: Tomiyasu, Cedric

CB: Gabriel, White, Saliba

DMF: Partey, Elneny, Sambi

CMF: Tielemans, Xhaka

AMF: Ødegaard, Vieira

LW: Martinelli, ESR

RW: Saka, Raphinha, Marquinhos

ST: Jesus, Nketiah, Balogun

New players:

Marquinhos 5 million euros, 30k

Martinez 40 million euros, 90k

Tielemans 40 million euros, 150k

Vieira 40 million euros, 60k

Raphinha 50 million euros, 150k

Jesus 50 million euros, 200k

TOTAL: 225 million euros 680k per week

That would be 25 players. And ~225 million euros spent without sales. Will Marquinhos go for a loan?
From these, which players are HG?

Hein/Okonkwo are both? Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Nketiah & Balogun? 9 HG players?

If a club doesn't have 8 HG players, they have to have smaller team than 25 player team? I'm pretty sure Arteta tries to get a 25 man team for this season, and it seems we don't have problems regarding that. U21 players don't count though so how does that affect?

Also if Xhaka is sold, there is a spot for non-HG player.

Looks like getting Ramsdale and White was good planning at last window regarding this.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The thing I like about the players we are targeting is that they actually indicate a clear and sound plan, instead of being 'get some players in and let the chips fall where they may' type of deal. The idea clearly is to emulate Man City - 2-3-5 formation with inverted full-backs and wingers providing width, building from the back, high press. We do need to actually get the signings done though, can't screw up Gabriel Jesus and Lisandro Martínez especially.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The idea clearly is to emulate Man City - 2-3-5 formation with inverted full-backs and wingers providing width, building from the back, high press. We do need to actually get the signings done though, can't screw up Lisandro Martínez especially.
Martinez seems like the ideal player for the club and tactics.

You get to switch a sub-par 4th CB with a baller who is great at passing and get rotation for LB at the same time.

Then you can play Martinez at LCB in easier cup games, or when there isn't very tall attacker in the opposition team, to give Gabriel a rest. Really think he fits us perfectly in this window.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The thing I like about the players we are targeting is that they actually indicate a clear and sound plan, instead of being 'get some players in and let the chips fall where they may' type of deal. The idea clearly is to emulate Man City - 2-3-5 formation with inverted full-backs and wingers providing width, building from the back, high press. We do need to actually get the signings done though, can't screw up Gabriel Jesus and Lisandro Martínez especially.

Yep, spot on. I think FV will be really important as well. Having watched a few more videos/clips of him, it looks like he has a world class final ball/cross. I think we're going to try and get him in the channels City get KDB into so he can spam crosses/through balls. Not gonna lie I'm excited to see us next season if we get these guys.

TornadoTed

Established Member
From these, which players are HG?

Hein/Okonkwo are both? Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Nketiah & Balogun? 9 HG players?

If a club doesn't have 8 HG players, they have to have smaller team than 25 player team? I'm pretty sure Arteta tries to get a 25 man team for this season, and it seems we don't have problems regarding that. U21 players don't count though so how does that affect?

Also if Xhaka is sold, there is a spot for non-HG player.

Looks like getting Ramsdale and White was good planning at last window regarding this.
HG isn't a problem. I find it's better to look at as you are only allowed 17 non HG players. We currently have 17 on our books and that includes Leno, Runarsson, Mari, Bellerin, Torreira and Pepe. I suspect all of those will go leaving us with 11 non HG player so we could bring in Raphina, Jesus, Tielemans, Vieira and Martinez for example and still have 1 non HG slot left.

BIoodBrother

We have a strong chance of going the right direction.
I hope we get our main targets soon.. Lisa and Raph along with Jesus and start the season.
Seems like both Lisa and FabioV will cover Xhaka im CM along with Elneny/Lokonga.
Ornstein/Lawrence wouldnt have said Tielemans depends on Xhaka, so its either or and makes sense with the numbers.
There is one reliable journalist and he's laid it out for us. Just depends if we can protect our 3 targets from the ugly clutches of other PL-Teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom