• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Not sure you could, you’re already hitting the bottom of the barrel.

You seemed to have given up posting, accepted defeat and resorted to pretty low level baiting. Lost the battle haven’t you, Sam.
I won’t lie, AM’s broken me. Too much rehashing of the same **** to keep it serious all the time. You’re also a pretty big WUM tbh.

samspade

Got this from Reddit rather than direct from the source. Edu on updating the squad:

81D1ACF4-3634-4AE0-A43A-32656AAC8AC5.jpeg

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
Pretty sure it will go from;

1. We want trophies, anything else it not good enough
  2. 4th place is a trophy
  3. European football regardless of competition is acceptable
  4. Refs have an agenda against us and/or we don't have squad depth and injuries are affecting us
  5. Give Farteta more time and let him build his own team, needs more investment
  6. Trust the process/Culture reset PR nonsense
  7. Hand Xhaka a new contract
  8. New season, rinse and repeat

samspade

It’s natural to focus on culture, Arsenal’s values have always been the most important thing

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Unless something catastrophic happens injury wise I think it's more than reasonable to say that top 4 is mandatory in terms of aims for next season.

If we get there it'll probably have meant we'll have achieved most of the other more minor objectives that have been mentioned too.

Maybe it's just my optimism but it's the first time in a while I feel like we're going into a new season in pretty positive manner. Hopefully results can keep that positivity going.

I don't want us to do well to prove some point about the manager. I want to see us do well and get to the point where we get good results and are enjoyable to watch, for all Arsenal fans.

When you think about it, it's kind of sad that Arteta has taken some fans joy away from the club, Hopefully he can start to redeem himself a bit this season.

Top 4 and one of the domestic cups is my (optimistic) prediction
I agree top 4 must be the aim & I think we have a really good chance especially if some of the youngsters take another step forward.
However as I mentioned in another thread the bookies have us as expected 6th & they normally are a fair independent judge.

All the top teams spend the big bucks the notoriously careful Levy has outspent Arsenal since Conte arrived. Man U are expecting a big resurgence under Ten Haag after last seasons disaster class. Chelsea have more depth & the top 2 are levels above so I can certainly see why they have come to that conclusion.

However I'm with you & this is the most optimistic I have been about a season for a long time👍.
I am sure we are now on the right track & so am really excited to see how far the young group can go.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Wonder how much he lines up with Edu's ageism, considering he got here as a player when he was 29

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom