• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 528,858
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Aouar is still talented still 24 there must be reason good clubs not consider him after he reject us in 2020
Edu gave thatn interview talking about how some players have motivations to reach the top of the game, but it's a red flag when they immediately start talking about money... Can't remember the exact quote but I immediately thought of this guy with his crazy brother. There is a reason the top teams have swerved him imo.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Edu gave thatn interview talking about how some players have motivations to reach the top of the game, but it's a red flag when they immediately start talking about money... Can't remember the exact quote but I immediately thought of this guy with his crazy brother. There is a reason the top teams have swerved him imo.
is this the same Edu that left peak Arsenal because Valencia offered more money? :eyess:

“I was disappointed Arsenal took so long to make a good offer,” says Edu. “That was the only reason I left the club. If Arsenal had offered me initially what they tried to offer me at the last minute, it’s 100 per cent sure — no, a billion per cent sure — I would have stayed.”

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Think he was referring to a Dortmund player. But it would explain a lot about that saga if it was the Aouars though. He did mention that it was family that were really hot on the money and not wanting to hear about the plans for the club or player iirc

Barry

@Riou & @2Smokeyy - I'm not trying to smash your idols, or be deliberately contrarian or anything like that. Loved his work for Arsenal up to the FA Cup win but I think the rational assessment is that Auba is declining now. Whatever he's done in Spain, I don't think he can hack it in the PL anymore and considering his all round game isn't great either it'll be a mistake for Chelsea if they rely on him.

Players rarely come back from bad league form at his age, I'm struggling to think of a single one (although I'm sure there are examples). It's got high money, car crash signing written all over it.

Barry

Think he was referring to a Dortmund player. But it would explain a lot about that saga if it was the Aouars though. He did mention that it was family that were really hot on the money and not wanting to hear about the plans for the club or player iirc
Yeah, that's the one. Might be wrong if he said it was a Dortmund player, but I just remember the situation sounding quite similar to what was reported about Aouar.

Anyway, will be interesting to see your boy in the league (if it happens). Being the main man at a team like Forest might really suit him, no doubting his quality at least.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Riou & @2Smokeyy - I'm not trying to smash your idols

You started off on the back foot already, Michael Barrymore 🤣 None of these current Arsenal players or players we’ve had for close to 20 years have ever been my idols at any particular time. I can relate to the likes of Titi, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires etc than I can to any of these current crop.

Auba was more a player that I appreciated and thought/still think he’s class. The system we were implementing towards the end of his stint at the club clearly didn’t suit him but I have no doubt if he has a manager that believes in his quality (not really sure Tuchel is that) or the chances then he’s still capable of doing damage in the PL.

Barry

You started off on the back foot already, Michael Barrymore 🤣 None of these current Arsenal players or players we’ve had for close to 20 years have ever been my idols at any particular time. I can relate to the likes of Titi, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires etc than I can to any of these current crop.

Auba was more a player that I appreciated and thought/still think he’s class. The system we were implementing towards the end of his stint at the club clearly didn’t suit him but I have no doubt if he has a manager that believes in his quality (not really sure Tuchel is that) or the chances then he’s still capable of doing damage in the PL.
Sorry you feel that way Smokey and the Bandit... Obviously could be wrong, but if it was Arsenal signing him from Barcelona, I think you'd have most people on here questioning the wisdom. It's only nostalgia that's getting people riled up really. Of course, he's probably going to score for fun against us - that much is a given - but he'll be massively on flop -watch overall.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I think they are different situations. While I was never a Xhaka fan, he's got clear qualities because he's been at Arsenal for a minute and survived under 3 managers, one of which has a thing for shutting out players he doesn't get along with.

Arteta probably agreed with his behavior when he lashed out at the fans because they went too far and Xhaka was right to ask to leave at that time, so it didn't have to do with being late, lazy or anything that Arteta values.

On the other hand, Auba is a striker and has more of a diva aura than Xhaka, who's a down to earth kind of guy that isn't afraid to do the work.
Also Xhaka, despite his limitations, will literally do his best to do anything a manager instructs him to, no matter how stupid (2nd season Emery says hello), as well as embracing the role of big brother to the young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom