• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think you have to read the audience mate, specifically the philosophy of football they follow.

Conte is a slightly worse version of peak Mourinho. A manager who is defensive minded first and foremost, and is looking to exploit opposition weakness and gain the advantage. The chief mode of attack is the counter attack, and tactical planning will be developed around looking for and exploiting those situations.

Arteta is more towards the Wenger philosophy. Control the ball, dictate the play and play according to set principles. That is why we went to Sp**s last season and we pressed from the front and played with a high line. Conte would never dream of doing that had he been our manager, going into that game, against that front three.

The Wenger philosophy is always "shakier" than the Mourinho philosophy, because it means you are forcing the issue and you are putting yourself out there. The Mourinho philosphy is safer and more dangerous because you are waiting for the mistake and then you capitalise on it.

All that said... I would STILL choose what Arteta is doing every single time. Why? Because that is what Arsenal is about, we want to dictate matters, we want to win with our style.

Excellent post SA.

What I'll add is that I think that Pep is of the Wenger mould but on steriods in certain regards. It's passing/possession football but with a lot of tactical pressing. And with the intensity of the press it can negate the negative effects that can come from trying to play possession football because Pep's teams are squeezing the opposition so much that it's hard for them to counter.

Arteta is towards Wenger's philosophy but obviously he's heavily influenced by Pep as well. With the investment we've made into the squad I wonder if we'll finally be able to go to a place like the Toilet Bowl and still play possession football but outdo Sp*rs.

Then again City did struggle badly against Sp*rs last season (I think they lost both games in the league), so I suppose a team that counters as well as Sp*rs will always be a threat to possession based teams.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We needed that investment mate, whether its come in 2 years or over 10 years. Point is, we needed to spend money. We can question how the rebuilt went of course (Auba, Özil, other contract terminations), but I dont think that's relevant to the fact that we needed to do it.

We have rebuilt our team now and we are 3-4 players away from this team being ready for almost any situation a season could throw at us.

Add to that a competent manager who can get the best out of this rebuilt team and we are onto big big things at Arsenal. This last part is the big test for Mikel now, and something we will finally get answered this season.
You think I care if richer than god Kroenke spends money, he’ll no. The guy doesn’t even notice a few hundred million pounds. Arsenal needed investment no question. The question is return on investment and opportunity cost. Thursdays in Kazakhstan is now accomplishment at Arsenal, period and end of story. The opportunity cost is mind boggling because we could have had Tuchel, Conte, Ancellotti or backed a young Potter for a rebuild and for certain we would of been further along. Arteta’s growing pains have been murder let him learn in the Championship.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Excellent post SA.

What I'll add is that I think that Pep is of the Wenger mould but on steriods in certain regards. It's passing/possession football but with a lot of tactical pressing. And with the intensity of the press it can negate the negative effects that can come from trying to play possession football because Pep's teams are squeezing the opposition so much that it's hard for them to counter.

Arteta is towards Wenger's philosophy but obviously he's heavily influenced by Pep as well. With the investment we've made into the squad I wonder if we'll finally be able to go to a place like the Toilet Bowl and still play possession football but outdo Sp*rs.

Then again City did struggle badly against Sp*rs last season (I think they lost both games in the league), so I suppose a team that counters as well as Sp*rs will always be a threat to possession based teams.

Thanks mate.

Fully agreed, that's who we are as Arsenal Football Club. Our identity (Arteta's new favourite word) has been , has been designed and implemented by Arsène Charles Ernest Wenger. He is our Cruyff and we must follow our philosophy like Barca follow theirs.

Talk of a coach like Conte, Mourinho, Allegri coming here and buying players like Perisic is ****ing blasphemy for our club IMO. We must never do that ever, ever.

****, starting to get teary eyed writing this **** FFS.

SA Gunner

You think I care if richer than god Kroenke spends money, he’ll no. The guy doesn’t even notice a few hundred million pounds. Arsenal needed investment no question. The question is return on investment and opportunity cost. Thursdays in Kazakhstan is now accomplishment at Arsenal, period and end of story. The opportunity cost is mind boggling because we could have had Tuchel, Conte, Ancellotti or backed a young Potter for a rebuild and for certain we would of been further along. Arteta’s growing pains have been murder let him learn in the Championship.

100% If Arteta fails, he fails and we should all want him gone.

But lets get our next appointment right, shall we? None of this Conte talk please.

Farzad Stoned

Thanks mate.

Fully agreed, that's who we are as Arsenal Football Club. Our identity (Arteta's new favourite word) has been , has been designed and implemented by Arsène Charles Ernest Wenger. He is our Cruyff and we must follow our philosophy like Barca follow theirs.

Talk of a coach like Conte, Mourinho, Allegri coming here and buying players like Perisic is ****ing blasphemy for our club IMO. We must never do that ever, ever.
When did Spanish Pulis become an attack minded manager? Last two years Arsenal is the dullest I can ever remember them. His entire strategy is for Partey, White, or Xhaka to play a long ball to Saka in transition and watch a young genius destroy his isolated Fullback. How is that different than Mourinho with Robben? Our attack has been anemic our football turgid. One sparkling 4 goal performance and Allardyce in Skinny jeans is now the successor to Cruyff and Wenger?

SA Gunner

When did Spanish Pulis become an attack minded manager? Last two years Arsenal is the dullest I can ever remember them. His entire strategy is for Partey, White, or Xhaka to play a long ball to Saka in transition and watch a young genius destroy his isolated Fullback. How is that different than Mourinho with Robben? Our attack has been anemic our football turgid. One sparkling 4 goal performance and Allardyce in Skinny jeans is now the successor to Cruyff and Wenger?

Sorry bud, you need to pay closer attention.

Farzad Stoned

100% If Arteta fails, he fails and we should all want him gone.

But lets get our next appointment right, shall we? None of this Conte talk please.
Conte does give great sex tips telling his players they need to conserve energy and make the woman do all the work by only doing it in the forward and reverse cowgirl position. These are valuable life lessons for the players, preserve the legs. Look at what doing it on your back only has done for Kane, is that how Conte reinvigorated him?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Excellent post SA.

I think Pep is of the Wenger “mould” in that he also has a philosophy of play and he sticks to it. But the actual philosophy is much more aligned with Michels/Cruyff than what we saw with the great wenger teams. Hardly a surprise considering he’s a Barca product. And from the 2 games of this season I think Arteta is the same. It’s all about the half spaces…

I wasn’t wedded to wengerball although I did love it. More than wengerball itself what I do want is this paradigm of manager, one that has a clear attacking philosophy. I think Arteta so far hasn’t had the squad he wanted to be able to play the style of football he wanted, but now he does and we’re seeing a pretty different style of football. Major caveat: it’s only been 2 games and it’s taken a hell of a lot of money to “get the squad that he wants” so it’s time to deliver. As the Aussies would say, “we’re not here to f*ck spiders”

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
This is an argument I’d be fascinated to see you make :lol:

I don’t really get this Conte agenda that some of you Mikel stans have. You should be proving why Mikel is better than him instead of trying to sh*t on Conte because at the end of the day Conte did what Mikel couldn’t at the first time of asking.

Anyway you paint yourself as a ‘sexual’ when you start doing things like invalidating league titles. Not surprised by @boonthegoon and @Jayramfootball liking your post but expected better from you @DJ_Markstar 🥲
Fwiw it's not like I don't rate Conte as a manager.

I liked that post because I just don't prefer Conte managing us for the same reasons. Similar to Gary Neville saying the same for United. I don't prefer managers having counter attack as their plan A.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He needs to succeed here he breaths Arsenal in and out and he desperate want the club to go back where we belong.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom