• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Lampard got top 4 though :lol:

After a transfer embargo too. Off the top of my head it wasn't an amazing squad with a lot of players Arsenal fans would want. We know this cause one of them came here in the shape of Willian and a lot them have been phased out.

Arteta can clearly coach and definitely has an idea of the way he wants to play, but doesn't every manager? I don't buy the prodigious thing one bit and people will think I'm being facetious saying this after back to back wins but I'm just being honest. I see the marketing, the mistakes and the support he gets from the club however.

The one thing I could possibly point out is his ability to manage upwards? Something Tuchel, Conte and many of his peers famously struggle with he seems to have a knack for it.

Personally I do buy the ''Prodigy'' stuff when it comes to Arteta as a coach and being an assistant manager. Enough people in the game have spoke highly about him in that regard for me to believe it's true.

Being great or on the road to greatness as a manager is a different kettle of fish with a different skill set though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m just happy my club has had two generational managers in short succession. So lucky to have been born an Arsenal fan.
Great post, but don’t forget we had a few months of Rioch, Hewston and Rice inbetween. Easily done.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That is really in the club's DNA. We've never been a sacking club really. I still think there is something to be said for that approach, even though these days with social media there is much appetite for hire and fire.

I think it was Wenger who said that stability at a football club is underrated.
I did a count some time ago comparing the number of Sp**s managers with Arsenal managers. Did a count again now: Since 1990 Sp**s have had 25 managers incl. interim managers, while we have had 13 since 1966...

We simply are a better run club going back generations!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sadly a lot of rotten narratives on here. But now that Arteta has quietened the chorus of cretins, we can finally start to drain the swamp.

I’m just happy my club has had two generational managers in short succession. So lucky to have been born an Arsenal fan.
@Makingtrax was a massive advocate of Mikel getting the job iirc but seems to have got lost along the way somewhere… I can’t work it out… Someone tell him he was right if they see him!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No I think Arsenal is a much better club than Sp**s. And their large spend and sticking with the same manager could well pay off this season. I’m just not pretending that Arteta is a goat, just an inexperienced manager whose learning fast.
Not great to be learning on the job so to speak, but if we’re honest, he is. You can’t buy experience. I think his last big lesson was against Manchester United where I put losing that game on his doorstep because he panicked. If you look at the bigger picture though, the stuff that he is yet to learn doesn’t really compare to what he seems to be already have going for him. I think he has to sharpen up his in game management and develop a bit of a gut feeling to stick or twist to better effect, but that comes with experience.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I did a count some time ago comparing the number of Sp**s managers with Arsenal managers. Did a count again now: Since 1990 Sp**s have had 25 managers incl. interim managers, while we have had 13 since 1966...

We simply are a better run club going back generations!

Sp**s are a bigger club now though if we’re being honest.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
LOTR reference 🤩

Clear favourite to win that Poster Of The Month award.
award success GIF by Originals

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I give credit to Arteta this year. He’s made a go of it with absolute **** dross like Martinelli and ESR.

Like the days when SAF (my favourite all time manager) would win the PL with mediocrity like Valencia and John O’Shea. Only thing is ESR and Doginelli are worse than that.

Ødegaard is a poor man’s blonde Hleb and Saka is **** at putting it in the net. I also think the most interesting thing about Tierney is his hate for the queen. Dead player.

Ramsdale is **** as well. Also that bald shambles Gabriel should spend less time in Turkey getting his 50p head lasered and focus on not making mistakes every week.

My favourite Arsenal manager is still Unai.
This guy is clearly trolling 🤣

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

More revenue this year, bigger stadium, better players and a more famous (not better) manager.

8181A7E7-924C-4752-AAA4-9D3861A91298.jpeg

Most importantly way more success on the pitch recently as well.

say yes

forum master baiter
My favourite Arsenal manager is still Unai.
Didn’t work out here, but he’s a good manager and a classy guy.

Language barrier cost him and he never got a grip on our squad, but it’s evident now that certain characters (cough Mesut cough) were a lot more toxic than we realised at the time.

How’s Özil doing in Turkey btw? Another gigantic loss for 90% of the posters on this forum.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Language barrier cost him and he never got a grip on our squad, but it’s evident now that certain characters (cough Mesut cough) were a lot more toxic than we realised at the time.

How’s Özil doing in Turkey btw? Another gigantic loss for 90% of the posters on this forum.

I was the first one to say he was dusted all the way back in Emery’s first season.

Realised it was a huge mistake extending before most but got shouted down as per.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

For the millionth time, language barrier is not a barrier at all for a good manager and is the weakest of excuses, saying otherwise is to ignore so many counter examples in football history and recent football history.

Perhaps Unai is a good manager. Here he certainly wasn't, we can say that with some authority.

He no doubt came into a toxic atmosphere. But that's the job of the manager. The question is what he does with it. The fact is that it got worse. Arteta came into an even more toxic atmosphere after the mess Em*ry left...nothing is more toxic than picking up a team in 11th place at the worst performance level it has seen in 30 years.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not great to be learning on the job so to speak, but if we’re honest, he is. You can’t buy experience. I think his last big lesson was against Manchester United where I put losing that game on his doorstep because he panicked. If you look at the bigger picture though, the stuff that he is yet to learn doesn’t really compare to what he seems to be already have going for him. I think he has to sharpen up his in game management and develop a bit of a gut feeling to stick or twist to better effect, but that comes with experience.
That and we don’t yet know about his man management skills when one or two players start to rock the boat. So far he’s been able to ship them out but KSE can’t keep supporting that unless he gets CL places.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom