• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
There has always been this cloud of insincerity regarding Arteta stemming mainly from the fact that he's the first manager to have this level of undeserved patience, a streak of wins is something we have seen since he made a miraculous recovery to finish 8th on his first full season, but since this is happening right at the start apparently it means all can be forgotten.

Not forgiven as it should be if he maintains this and manages to get Arsenal not back to where it was before he rebuilt the whole squad, but a step forward (just to make all the investment make any sense), but forgotten. Also way too much is made of worthless things like the relationship with the fans and how no players complain instead of the actual football, which is also praised like revolutionary until the streak of wins end because reality is a cruel master.

I actually believe that guy that said he would instantly forget about Arteta the moment he stops being an Arsenal manager, because the support a lot of times does feel definitely forced, a lot more about I told you sos around than actual admiration or love to what is going on the pitch and at the club.

The fans usually talk about feeling optimist with the club again and seeing a way forward, even if both football and results so far have failed to clear the mark of what was already in place under the dark era before Arteta. It's probably that feeling that is leading them to think winning at any cost is fine, so as long as progress can be seen, not even in results but in throwing millions and going at it again like any oil club, everything will be alright. Arsenal used to laugh at that notion, and with very strong arguments, and the club we're foolishly pretending to emulate is proof of how little just winning matters when it comes to being a top club.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Okay, that sounds weird to me, but then again it's AM, so nothing surprises.

You all know how I take the circumstances into account, so naturally I personally thought that Wenger did a great job with all the stadium debt, raising youngsters and still performing at top 4 level until his last two years.

Then I wanted a change, because of how he didn't seem to realize that you can't trust in many injury-prone midfielders or okayish midfielders and stuff like that. But he wasn't treated right in the end.

No room for nuanced views that change over time here. You're an Artetasesexual mate.

Embrace his warmth.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

but in throwing millions and going at it again like any oil club, everything will be alright. Arsenal used to laugh at that notion, and with very strong arguments, and the club we're foolishly pretending to emulate is proof of how little just winning matters when it comes to being a top club.
Wow, this is the first time I have heard Tottenham is an oil club!!

You learn something new every day on AM.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Think the fact that Arteta was able to get all the rotten apples / players with a lax attitude out of the squad is to his credit. Think the club is run much more professionally now. The relationship between the club, the players and fans has improved by quite some distance.
Indeed. We've all been pointing out how this was a priority of Arteta's and the reason behind signings like Cedric and Marí that no one understood at the beginning (myself included), or strong stances with Guendouzi (something I also criticised myself, I think with the benefit of hindsight, wrongly). The media and people who understand better the inner workings of the club, or people inside of football (other coaches, including coaches on his staff or players) were there to explain a bit these decisions and what Arteta was looking for and demanding inside the club--especially the Cedric and Marí signings I remember a nice Athletic piece--but of course, for all the Arteta outers this was considered propaganda and some pro-Arteta conspiracy 😵‍💫

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Like at United. Except at Arsenal there’s added layers of complexity because of the fan divide and the fact that Arsène was drummed out by a toxic campaign. This is my main reason for not going overboard about Arteta, I’m holding him to the same standards that I held Arsène to.

Those who ****ed all over Arsène are holding Arteta to different standards . . .top 8 rather than top 4 during his learning curve, which they would have stoned Arsène for. And finally top 4 this year, which they deemed not good enough for Arsène spending a lot less. I find the whole thing confusing personally.
I think very few can live up to that standard. If we say that Chapman and Wenger are our biggest managers, that means that even Graham, who was very successful, will not measure up.

I think we have to dig into our motto - Victory through Harmony - we need the Arsenal manager to be successful, whoever it is.

I'm glad the board is supporting the manager, and they have greater leeway to do so since the pain of the stadium has been suffered by another manager.

Big Nate

Like at United. Except at Arsenal there’s added layers of complexity because of the fan divide and the fact that Arsène was drummed out by a toxic campaign. This is my main reason for not going overboard about Arteta, I’m holding him to the same standards that I held Arsène to.

Those who ****ed all over Arsène are holding Arteta to different standards . . .top 8 rather than top 4 during his learning curve, which they would have stoned Arsène for. And finally top 4 this year, which they deemed not good enough for Arsène spending a lot less. I find the whole thing confusing personally.
Its time to let it go, what happened in the past cant be changed now, and holding grudges wont change anything. We seem to be getting better now, we have a clear plan and we are playing good football; its reason to have real hope, and its a likeable Arsenal team that give everything in every match. Its a shame Wenger never got the money that Arteta did, but that cant be changed so we can either be perpetually upset about what never happened, or enjoy the present. Lets be happy that at last we are getting big money to spend and that the money seems to be spent well, that we are playing football thats getting close to the lovely football Wenger gave us and that it if this continues we are on our way to trophies.

As Wenger said today, Arteta is instilling the Arsenal values in the team. And if its the case that Arteta doesn't fulfill the expectations that are required at Arsenal then hopefully we bring someone else in that will.
1663964730584.png

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Wow, this is the first time I have heard Tottenham is an oil club!!

You learn something new every day on AM.

Didn't you know? Investing in a club is bad. How dare an owner pump money into their asset or have the asset use its own cash reserves to improve its offering as a professional football club

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Its time to let it go, what happened in the past cant be changed now, and holding grudges wont change anything. We seem to be getting better now, we have a clear plan and we are playing good football; its reason to have real hope, and its a likeable Arsenal team that give everything in every match. Its a shame Wenger never got the money that Arteta did, but that cant be changed so we can either be perpetually upset about what never happened, or enjoy the present. Lets be happy that at last we are getting big money to spend and that the money seems to be spent well, that we are playing football thats getting close to the lovely football Wenger gave us and that it if this continues we are on our way to trophies.

As Wenger said today, Arteta is instilling the Arsenal values in the team. And if its the case that Arteta doesn't fulfill the expectations that are required at Arsenal then hopefully we bring someone else in that will.
View attachment 9403

Wenger is an Artetasexual, confirmed!

drippin

Wenger has no non negotiable stance, he supports the club and everybody employed here and always has done.
Are you saying you think he is like a robot, who only praises things he sees at Arsenal, no matter what is going on and even if he doesn't think so?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Are you saying you think he is like a robot, who only praises things he sees at Arsenal, no matter what is going on and even if he doesn't think so?
A robot you say? Can't think of anyone less like a robot, the guy's full of humanity and good will as far as I can see. :lol:

Big Nate

Wenger has no non negotiable stance, he supports the club and everybody employed here and always has done.
I agree he would support the club regardless but he is also intentional with what what he says. For example if he didnt think the values of the club had been instilled again he wouldnt have said that and would have said something else instead

drippin

I agree he would support the club regardless but he is also intentional with what what he says. For example if he didnt think the values of the club had been instilled again he wouldnt have said that and would have said something else instead
Exactly. That was my point in the question.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

One thing I can give praise to is that I think there's a real harmony about the squad again. Everyone is on the same page, everyone is together and fighting for each other. But it's one of those things, we've won 6 from 7 and our EL game. It's easy to be all together when things are going well. It'll be interesting to see how the group responds to adversity how they can stick together and how they respond when they're up against it. We've got some big and some tough games coming up which'll test both the quality and character of the team.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah. He supported Emery and said he was a great coach and just needs more time. He’s supported Arteta to the hilt. He supported current players and past players. He always looks for the positive and finds something to praise and tends to keep any criticisms he might have to himself.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom