• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 516,360
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gn1212

Changed my mind on Gapko. He wouldn’t make it at Arsenal. Don't think he would make it in the PL. Lacks energy to make a consistent impact.
Yep, can certainly hit a ball but that's it.
I would let others take a punt on him and regret it later. PSV wanted 60m for him before the WC, will probably want 80m by the time it's done.
No thanks.

africe

What tf has the World Cup group stage got to do with it :lol: That’s a sign of some journo BS cos clubs don’t set themselvesarbitrary timelines like that.
My exact thoughts, like it would make some sense if he were playing in the WC, but how is it at all relevant now? Is Edu too busy watching the group stages to pick up the phone? :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You would think that Bellingham, Rice, Gakpo and Mudryk are the only players that exist in world football.

Player profiles that we know Arteta specifically requested.

Tomi
Zini
White
Jesus
Ødegaard
Vieira

I trust Arsenal to get players we hadn't expected like Vieira and Tomi or know quantities like Jesus.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

giphy.webp

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Well well well.... lets talk about 70m Declan Rice then.

No thank you.

Come on mate we’ve watched enough of Rice over the last few years to know he’s much better than last night.

If you’re judging it off last night then you wouldn’t want any of this English lot.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Repeating myself here but with United and Liverpool getting new owners soon it really is now or never for us to win the league. KSE need to get a midfielder and wide man in Jan and go all out.
Wasn't the plan for this season to get the top 4? I don't think it makes a difference for the club if they win it or not, and if we do end up buying someone, it will be a long-term investment rather than a short-term solution to win the league this season

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Come on mate we’ve watched enough of Rice over the last few years to know he’s much better than last night.

If you’re judging it off last night then you wouldn’t want any of this English lot.

Its not just based on last night, its him as a player. He's decent, but he wouldn't fit our style of play. He doesn't have a variety of passes in his locker to generate this fee. He's a bit clunky on the ball, even more so than the much criticised Xhaka.

I'm sure, if you look around Europe, there will be a lot of CMs for a lot less who are better suited to our play style.

REWB

How good has he really been for West Ham though? He can have a 6/10 performance and the English media always turn it into a 9/10 performance.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Its not just based on last night, its him as a player. He's decent, but he wouldn't fit our style of play. He doesn't have a variety of passes in his locker to generate this fee. He's a bit clunky on the ball, even more so than the much criticised Xhaka.

I'm sure, if you look around Europe, there will be a lot of CMs for a lot less who are better suited to our play style.

I’m sure there was a thread of CM’s stats and he topped the charts by a decent length.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I’m not sure Joao Felix is stylistically the right player, if the issue with Jesus is that he’s a great player but not a gunman or target man, then Felix also is a great player but isn’t a gunman or target man.

In terms of profile though he’s exactly right. Right age and experience, and in a position of his career where there could be a bargain to be had, like with Jesus.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I’m sure there was a thread of CM’s stats and he topped the charts by a decent length.

Meh, i'm sure there was a stat table a year or two ago which showed Tielemans as being one of the best at recovering the ball in the league. You can't always trust them.

I'll always prefer a progressive CM who can manipulate the ball, feint one way than go another, over a bulldozer of a CM.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I’m not sure Joao Felix is stylistically the right player, if the issue with Jesus is that he’s a great player but not a gunman or target man, then Felix also is a great player but isn’t a gunman or target man.

In terms of profile though he’s exactly right. Right age and experience, and in a position of his career where there could be a bargain to be had, like with Jesus.

I'm not saying we're in for Felix but perhaps we're not looking for goalscorers who don't add much in build up play. We have Saka, Martinelli and Jesus all capable of stretching teams and playing intricate passes. Perhaps we want more of that than a player like Auba who didn't contribute a whole lot in build up play and we look like a different team now Jesus has come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom