• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Juventus, 17/12/2022 (6pm kick off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
We didn’t play poorly, we really well, we just didn’t score. Same as last season. When we introduce scorers to the squad, we seem unbeatable.

Important to get a CF in the window.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hope Mikel has learned something tonight from a WC manager. In UCL you encounter better teams with different styles where possession doesn't mean winning the game.
Nothing to learn maybe our players need to learn how to score when you have 20 attempts 2 on target its embarrassing how bad our player front of goal and its going to cost you no matter who the opponent. We need goal scorers i been saying that for ages.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
The problem is that he isn't showing ANY promise whatsoever.
Vinicius at that age definitely showed something at that age. Nwaneri at 15 showed more than Marquinhos. You only need a couple of plays to know what player has quality. Marquinhos shows nothing special.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That Duberry kid looked quality, the main positive.

Didn't even play badly, nothing to worry about really...even with the injuries we still should have enough to finish Top 5 again this season!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Nothing to learn maybe our players need to learn how to score when you have 20 attempts 2 on target its embarrassing how bad our player front of goal and its going to cost you no matter who the opponent. We need goal scorers i been saying that for ages.
Ok he is perfect and has nothing to learn... Have s good fapping watching Arteta tonight :)

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Meh, nothing that game told us that we didn't already know. No need to overthink it, we need, without fail, to add firepower to our attack in January.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

True, and I don't even think he's bad, but his strengths IMO don't complement us well enough and I long contended that we had a bigger talent in Cozier-Duberry after watching both players.
Both will probably need good loan(s) to develop. You just have to hope we can find those loans. I agree Cozier-Duberry is looking very good, but you know him better than me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Never making a thread again,

found the reason for the loss

Catching bullets even from my boy Boon now...

tumblr_ovytm1KweV1rrkahjo6_540.gif

...sad day.

Moviegooner

Unlucky not to win. Juventus are a disgusting football club. From the board to the football they play. With Martinelli, Jesus or Saka we would have won easily

The passing was great, Ødegaard, Partey, Vieira very good. Eddie had a good game, and with Martinelli and Saka he would get better service and scored. Well he did score but didn't count.

Get well soon Nelson. Hopefully Martinelli, Saka are fit for West Ham. COYG!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Calm down. It's only a friendly. From all accounts, we didn't play badly. Just our finishing let us down.

First choice front 3 was absent. Things will pick up, hopefully when they're back.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
We did much better against Lyon and Milan who were both stronger teams on paper, didn’t have Jesus then either. Difference is it was in sunny and hot Dubai. This was in a -1 degree night in London. I know many people don’t pay attention to these things but we’re not so good in cold weather and it shows.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not terribly upset with the result, it's a friendly so I don't care.

The downsides:

- The usual suspects. Holding, Cedric and (to a lesser extent) Elneny. They drag the team down whenever they're on the pitch and we look levels below. What made matters worse is that they saw SO MUCH of the ball in the latter stages. Tierney started to get caught in the malaise after a great 1st half too, kept trying to fashion shooting ops instead of using the ball smartly. Elneny's a fixture for as long as he's here, but the sooner Cedric and Holding are gone, the better. N'Dicka cannot come soon enough.

- Nelson's injury. Truly a heartbreaker. The result matters little but we surely win this game if Nelson doesn't go down when he did. Now we can only hope it's not serious and he'll be back within a couple weeks, otherwise we absolutely will need to bring somebody in. Because unless ESR comes back firing, we'll need to rely on Cozier-Duberry to back up Martinelli because Marquinhos is not it. Not a bad player but not what we need.

The upsides:

- Ragged on Tierney above but he was mostly very good and the least of our problems. Very narrow at times but he looks increasingly comfortable and still is very dogged in defensive duels. Good game from him and I have 0 concerns about LB going forward.

- Fabio Vieira was very good IMO. He knows how to use the ball and where to be to pick it up. Thought he was quite good defensively aswell for the time he was on. I'm intrigued to see how he does competitively now, there's a serious player there.

- Cozier-Duberry. I told you he was good! One of our better prospects and even though he's very small, he has great agility and can hold his own against bigger players. Dovetailed nicely with Nwaneri aswell. An aside but Elneny was pissing me off because whenever he had the ball on to Cozier-Duberry, he kept pivoting the other way and passing into the pack. Very annoying. Cozier-Duberry was one of the most impressive players in this game and I hope that isn't the last we see of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom