• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win FA Cup 3rd Round: Oxford 0 - 3 Arsenal | Monday 9th, January | KO: 20:00 | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.
FmDXpBMWYAQ3ypY

Screenshot-20230105-114634.png

Just play the second strings. Hopefully the injury returnees can use this to get some minutes in their legs.

Screenshot-20230105-115610.png

4a1f9adb-276c-4d21-9fbe-404651543721.png

Prediction
Oxford 0-3 Arsenal

No repeat of the Nottingham Forest debacle

Arteta speaks

Last edited by a moderator:

G0D

Almighty
Don’t want to see Saka, Martinelli, Ødegaard, Partey or Xhaka in this one. We must rotate so can prepare as best as possible for NLD.

Arson Finger

Jeorge Bird on Arseblog lists some of the youngsters who might be involved:
"It is possible, though, that some youngsters could get on the bench at least against Oxford and potentially receive some playing time.
20-year-old striker Nathan Butler-Oyedeji, who was on the bench against Newcastle United last night, is amongst those in contention, whilst 17-year-old winger Amario Cozier-Duberry will be looking to build upon his impressive cameo in the friendly against Juventus.
Schoolboy midfielders Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly could also be involved and defenders Reuell Walters and Lino Sousa have been on the fringes of the team for some time.
Matt Smith will also hope to make his long-awaited competitive debut for the Arsenal first-team."

Miguel Azeez has been recalled from his loan, but not sure if he is even a possibility for this one yet.

I wouldn't want to see any of Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, Ødegaard, Xhaka, White, Gabriel, or Partey in the starting lineup for this one. Seems premature to have ESR start, since he hasn't even played in a long time. Nelson is highly unlikely to start coming off his injury either.
Should be interesting to see who starts up front.

NZgunner

no-one anywhere near the first team should be playing this one, in fact I wouldn't give a sh!t if we lost

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Sad that we have to wait 9 more days for the next PL game. This fa cup feels like a break from the PL race.

bergholt

Worst result here is a draw - if we're 0-0 in injury time in the second half then put one into our own net.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jeorge Bird on Arseblog lists some of the youngsters who might be involved:

Miguel Azeez has been recalled from his loan, but not sure if he is even a possibility for this one yet.

I wouldn't want to see any of Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, Ødegaard, Xhaka, White, Gabriel, or Partey in the starting lineup for this one. Seems premature to have ESR start, since he hasn't even played in a long time. Nelson is highly unlikely to start coming off his injury either.
Should be interesting to see who starts up front.
I'd be intrigued to see what Butler-Oyedeji could do as CF.

The main people I'd like to see get time here are of course Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly and Cozier-Duberry. They're the biggest stars. Lino Sousa would be interesting aswell, he always looks comfortable every time I see him. Matt Smith getting a debut might be nice.

Seen a clip of Nelson back in the gym so don't know how soon he'll be back. Matt Smith probably won't play, neither will Azeez IMO.

Let's play Aubamawang

Like others have said, NLD is far more important as we need 3 points after struggling to break down Newcastle. Tomiyasu and Tierney could use the minutes; Holding too since Saliba is close to a suspension. I can't imagine risking any of the first 11. Maybe Zinchenko as he's back from an injury?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Same with the EL. We got top 4 now, we don’t need EL for anything.
We need a good run for the European coefficient, which comes in handy once we are back in the CL. But yeah, I don't see much point in wasting resources on domestic cups this year. Saying that, our reserver team with academy players should be enough to deal with this round

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Arsenal is a football institution renowned for its class and integrity. The FA cup is one of the oldest football competitions in the world and we should respect and be firmly aligned with its values and traditions.

Having said that, I'd be quite happy to play the reserves.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As the it’s most successful club you’ve got to respect this competition. As it turns out we got a few notable players that need minutes anyway, not that we have a huge capacity to rest.

Turner
Tomi Saliba Holding Tierney
Sambi Elneny Vieira
Marquinhos Nketiah Saka/Martinelli

I would be surprised to something much different to that. Perhaps Xhaka drops in as that midfield is likely to be woeful.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I kinda liked the all white Jersey even tho it remind me some **** team. Hopefully we'll win with it this time

REWB

As the it’s most successful club you’ve got to respect this competition. As it turns out we got a few notable players that need minutes anyway, not that we have a huge capacity to rest.

Turner
Sambi Elneny Vieira

I would be surprised to something much different to that. Perhaps Xhaka drops in as that midfield is likely to be woeful.
Thats the only team we can play really.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Turner
Sambi Elneny Vieira

If esr fit he'll start ahead of saka or Martinelli otherwise this the most likeky team.

bergholt

Turner
Sambi Elneny Vieira

Probably right. I'd be very disappointed if that defence conceded to Oxford, ridiculously strong against a League One attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom