• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win FA Cup 3rd Round: Oxford 0 - 3 Arsenal | Monday 9th, January | KO: 20:00 | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.
FmDXpBMWYAQ3ypY

Screenshot-20230105-114634.png

Just play the second strings. Hopefully the injury returnees can use this to get some minutes in their legs.

Screenshot-20230105-115610.png

4a1f9adb-276c-4d21-9fbe-404651543721.png

Prediction
Oxford 0-3 Arsenal

No repeat of the Nottingham Forest debacle

Arteta speaks

Last edited by a moderator:

bergholt

Oh wow Marcus McGuane plays for Oxford. Wasn't he going to be a star a few years ago when he was with us?

REWB

Probably right. I'd be very disappointed if that defence conceded to Oxford, ridiculously strong against a League One attack.
Holding can concede to any team mate, we will concede at least one with Holding back there guaranteed.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Turner
Cedric/Walters-Holding-Gabriel-Tierney
Elneny
Vieira-Xhaka/Sambi
Marquinhos-Nketiah-Martinelli/ESR

I would go with something like this. Gabriel seems pretty durable, played 90% of EPL games last season and has continued that, and CB role isn't that straining. Especially against Oxford.

I might start with Xhaka to get more stability in midfield, and change him out for Sambi at halftime/60 minutes depending on the scoreline.

Then maybe Tomiyasu for Gabriel later in the game. And give some youth attacker chances for Nketiah if there is a 2 goal lead.

ESR can hopefully play 20-45 minutes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Turner
Tomi-Holding-Gabriel-Tierney
Elneny-Lokonga
Marq-Fabio-Martinelli
Eddie
... considering this is about week after Newcastle and a week before Sp**s, getting a chance to rest 8 starters for the latter is a nice bonus for us.

Should be more than enough for a win.

Heard rumours about ESR starting, but would prefer him making a sub appearance from the bench.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I feel for the 5 kids on the bench who will have zero chance of getting a single minute

Tomb Bombadil

Turner
Elneny-Lokonga
Marq-Fabio-Martinelli
Eddie​
Would be my starting 11 as well. I am not so sure Arteta will rotate as much. I can see something like this:

Turner
Tomy - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney
Elneny
Vieira - Xhaka
Saka - Nketiah - Martinelli​

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would be my starting 11 as well. I am not so sure Arteta will rotate as much. I can see something like this:

Turner
Tomy - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney
Elneny
Vieira - Xhaka
Saka - Nketiah - Martinelli​

Not sure I want Saka playing this on 4 yellows to be honest, myself and @db10_therza are terrified that he will miss Sp**s through suspension!

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Turner
Tomi - Holding - Saliba - KT
Elneny - Lokonga
Vieira
Marquinhos - Nketiah - ESR

Xhaka and Gabriel need a rest. Saliba needs the minutes to rebuild form. Don’t mind which way this goes tbh.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Turner
Elneny-Lokonga
Marq-Fabio-Martinelli
Eddie
... considering this is about week after Newcastle and a week before Sp**s, getting a chance to rest 8 starters for the latter is a nice bonus for us.

Should be more than enough for a win.

Heard rumours about ESR starting, but would prefer him making a sub appearance from the bench.

My boy Riou loves him a FA cup run I hear

bergholt

I might start with Xhaka to get more stability in midfield, and change him out for Sambi at halftime/60 minutes depending on the scoreline.

If Sambi isn’t good enough to start against Oxford then we should release him on a free

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I am not so sure Arteta will rotate as much.
This is something to observe, because Newcastle game was on 3.1.2023, Oxford (League One) is on 9.1.2023 and Tottenham is on 15.1.2023. 6 days between matches.

Arteta might give some minutes for starters in the game just to see the AM meltdown..

What's interesting, is that it might be good for players to play some to keep sharpness, rather than play last game on 3rd and next game of 15th, with 12 days in between.

The meltdown will be similar to playing Xhaka & Ødegaard, and others, for 90 minutes against Newcastle, when the next game is 6 days later against Oxford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom