• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our first two goals, show how difficult it will be to replace him...attack and defence, he's a monster.

Brilliant pass for Eddie's first and bullied Eriksen off the ball for Saka's, what a fooking player!

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Our first two goals, show how difficult it will be to replace him...attack and defence, he's a monster.

Brilliant pass for Eddie's first and bullied Eriksen off the ball for Saka's, what a fooking player!
Totally forgot that he also took the ball for the second, saw it in the moment.

Yeah, that was great.

Taneruit

Established Member

He had a very good game. Calm and on it from minute one. I wish he'd got to the ball in the box.
Not sure that was as good a chance as it felt tbh. Defenders closing in on both sides, De Gea right in your face. That would have been stopped either way.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Come On Passion GIF by Arsenal

The field general of Arteta.
Another big performance in an important game from a big game player :applause:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Great performance and assist, but at the same time, is it wrong to point out his heavy feet in certain positions? Its harsh and its not fair, but there were scenarios and passages of play in the game that i found myself thinking, what if we had a more natural attacking player there.

Taneruit

Established Member

Great performance and assist, but at the same time, is it wrong to point out his heavy feet in certain positions? Its harsh and its not fair, but there were scenarios and passages of play in the game that i found myself thinking, what if we had a more natural attacking player there.
I get what you mean.

But, then that attacking player wouldn't do all the other things Xhaka does for the team. A lot of those are also decisions he takes consciously while pure attacking player would act more instinctively.

It's role dependant. It's also why you couldn't just put anyone in there. Both Vieira and Sambi have played in that role this season and ESR last season (was like one-two games though and that was more of a proto version that we have now). All three struggled to replicate.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Great performance and assist, but at the same time, is it wrong to point out his heavy feet in certain positions? It’s harsh and it’s not fair, but there were scenarios and passages of play in the game that i found myself thinking, what if we had a more natural attacking player there.

Not at all. Look at all the attacking talent we already have on the pitch. Xhaka is crucial to this team, nobody can replace him.

Buhry

Established Member

Honestly thought he was very good today. Good cross for that goal, generelly very calm in possession while Martin and Partey were more sloppy esp in the first half. Combined very well with Zinchenko, they do exellent work together. Always works defensively. 8/10 for me.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I get what you mean.

But, then that attacking player wouldn't do all the other things Xhaka does for the team. A lot of those are also decisions he takes consciously while pure attacking player would act more instinctively.

It's role dependant. It's also why you couldn't just put anyone in there. Both Vieira and Sambi have played in that role this season and ESR last season (was like one-two games though and that was more of a proto version that we have now). All three struggled to replicate.
Of course. I love Xhaka and he is having a very good season, but there are times i find myself thinking, what if we just had someone a little quicker, or a little more agile, we could be 1-0 up. (I hate myself for thinking this)

I'm not saying an attacking player, more a box to box.

Taneruit

Established Member

Of course. I love Xhaka and he is having a very good season, but there are times i find myself thinking, what if we just had someone a little quicker, or a little more agile, we could be 1-0 up. (I hate myself for thinking this)

I'm not saying an attacking player, more a box to box.
Again, then he would act differently than Xhaka and other issues would crop up or other important aspects of Xhaka's game wouldn't be replicated. Your mentality, the way you approach the game and a situation decides all of those are massively different. And believe me said hypothetical player will have trouble matching Xhaka in a lot of those other aspects. Regardless of being quicker or also box to box.

To give an example with Odeegard for example. He loses the ball a lot per game. Highest of all our midfielders on average, Xhaka in comparison loses it by far the least despite also featuring in a more attacking role. That's down to how you approach the game and both are important. That mix of mindset and ability is what makes a team whole. You can't just look at specific individual moments and ignore all the other ones.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not sure that was as good a chance as it felt tbh. Defenders closing in on both sides, De Gea right in your face. That would have been stopped either way.
Probably. But if he was faster, he maybe gets there or closer at least and you ask the ref a question. Doesn't matter, we won :thumbsup:

Legend14

Established Member
The good thing is he recognizes and mitigates his weakness and takes advantage of his strengths.
Also, chemistry and leadership go a very long way this year, in this moment.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wouldnt trade in xhaka for anyone right now. I get what people are saying he’s looking sometimes a bit unnatural and missing a bit of pace. But this Arsenal team is less about conventional attributes that go with positions and more about roles. Xhaka adds passing security, defensive presence, physicality and stil has a wand of a left foot. His presence deeper into the opposition half allows Zinny the space to pull the strings. I think its perfect right now. Eventually we will get somebody that can do it all in that position, Xhaka is not gonna stay young forever.

Halend

Wouldnt trade in xhaka for anyone right now. I get what people are saying he’s looking sometimes a bit unnatural and missing a bit of pace. But this Arsenal team is less about conventional attributes that go with positions and more about roles. Xhaka adds passing security, defensive presence, physicality and stil has a wand of a left foot. His presence deeper into the opposition half allows Zinny the space to pull the strings. I think its perfect right now. Eventually we will get somebody that can do it all in that position, Xhaka is not gonna stay young forever.

I agree 100%

Long term there are players who will be able to fit that role better than he does but right now you cannot replace the leadership and mentality he brings to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom