• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Jorginho

Would you rather

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

A nanny on a wheelchair will bypass a midfield of Xhaka and Jorginho. Must be the slowest midfield in the league. Hope is enough for Europa League. Yet, if Partey gets injured the league is over if we have to trust this finished player. Happy birthday to me! Another ex Chelsea waste ready to sabotage the season.

I’m a Xhaka fan but a midfield pairing of him and Jorginho is asking for trouble imo. A team with a bit of legs in the middle and able to effectively press us further up the pitch will cut right through the middle. Would be a decent midfield pairing in Serie A but not the PL I think:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Got fans eating it up already.

There's room for you too

giphy.gif

Diesel

A nanny on a wheelchair will bypass a midfield of Xhaka and Jorginho. Must be the slowest midfield in the league. Hope is enough for Europa League. Yet, if Partey gets injured the league is over if we have to trust this finished player. Happy birthday to me! Another ex Chelsea waste ready to sabotage the season.
If we play both in the same time hopefully it means its a testimonial for an ex legend because thats got horror show written all over it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

What @Riou and I are argueing is a matter of principles, mate. For us, this is a line we shouldn't cross as a club no matter how logical it is.

It's fine if that's your viewpoint, it's not a wrong. But surely if we can see it from your side, you should see it from ours as well?

To us (and you can correct me if I'm wrong here, Riou) club's are more than just points in the table, however important they may be.

We still view it as an institution, something that's about value and community and all that, and even though that's a highly utopic view, it's what me and possibly him grew up on with Arsenal. That's what the club is to us.

And for us, it's just too much getting shat on by a rival club all window long and coming back for a third serving.

A rival that has fundametally ruined that vision of what football should be about with financial doping, while also being a thorn on our side for the past decade or so by letting us have their cast off, getting our players and being overall more successful than Arsenal, specially by getting the CL before us - the biggest club in London.

Yes i do agree CFC and their antics should stick in our throats. But the best revenge is success. Absolutely i fell in love with Arsenal after my brother played in Sp**s youth teams and brought me into watching the English game in 90s. Why? I fell in love with our football style, the way we played and what Arsenal the institution stood for. I get all that or i would be a tosser Chelsea fan or United fan.

However i think you can agree that January in a title race is not the time to let emotion run buck wild but to invest smartly and aggressively. This is the time to calculate every thing with a tunnel vision focus on closing the deal. Then you, I, and the rest of Gooners get the best revenge of feasting on the tears of all our domestic rivals. Raw vengeance for 20 years of jokes and to rub it in their face that we are again the Mighty and Famous Arsenal of old is the emotion i want. the emotional pay off you want we got to be cold and calculating now

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

I’m a Xhaka fan but a midfield pairing of him and Jorginho is asking for trouble imo. A team with a bit of legs in the middle and able to effectively press us further up the pitch will cut right through the middle. Would be a decent midfield pairing in Serie A but not the PL I think:
Most of the PL is dogsh!t this season so it's not going to be that bad.

Farzad Stoned

In theory maybe, 2 years ago maybe, but the thing is Xhaka is doing great playing advanced role and that comes with Partey doing all the pivot work. Yes Xhaka helps but that way Partey cover the slowness of Xhaka. Add an slow and finished pivot and then anyone can run through your midfield. Idk if some haven't watch him recently but the guy is over, he has been destroyed for many players eating ground in the floor. 3-2 years ago he was ok, but now he is even slower than before. Zinchenko can't cover him and his wing. Normally Partey shields everything, with him we are gonna need someone to cover the shield.

I only hope he will be only used in Europa.
Exactly you made best point for deal. He can rest and protect Thomas in matches. You want to orotect Thomas this is great for him

Pulp

Chelski fans generally seem upset that they've let him come to us. I've seen comments like "runs games at his own will" and "best ball retention I've ever seen," But he is slow and we'll have to plan for that.

It seems they are most upset that they are letting Jorginho go despite the Enzo deal not happening. They are now short in midfield despite purchasing players for 300 million, which is impressive business done by Transfers Todd

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Experienced midfielder that doesn’t require adjusting to the league, on a cheap and short term contract. Provides us with a necessary extra body for the title push. Overall, not a bad deal in the scheme of things, though of course less exciting than Caciedo. I can see Jorginho doing well for us during his short stint here.

The narrative around Chelsea cast-off is a bit weird to me. If he helps us to win the title, how did Chelsea get the better of us on this deal? Jorginho leaving 6 months early is not exactly making or breaking Chelsea financially, and it gives us the boost we need. They wanted rid, we got, mutually beneficial.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Jesus, Zinny and White weren't first choices either but they did mighty well despite that. The current process is identify a position and then developing a short list.
I agree and I think it’s foolish to think you always get your first choice. But when it comes to major signings, we NEVER get our first choice. Which is even more foolish really.

Farzad Stoned

@drippin managing to turn this (and other posters) positive, you do love to see it.

If this doesn't get the Drip-meister at least Trussed status, or preferably a promotion to a mod, then there is no justice!

What i am chopped liver here? I would curse you out but @El Duderino is reading posts right now

SteveEvets

I get that people want to be logical and all that, but a big part of being a football fan is being irracional and emotional.

Of course people are going to have a probem with signing another Chelsea player after all we've been through. It's as valid as being fine with this for the afformentioned logical reasons.
Being irrational and emotional over Jorginho is not valid. In the past Chelsea cast-offs would still walk into our starting 11. Today a Chelsea starter is coming to improve our bench. It's not the same thing at all.

Also, look at the business the other big teams (who are all well behind us) have done in January:

Chelsea - Mudryk, Badiashile
Man United - Werghorst
Man City - Cancelo leaves to Bayern
Liverpool - Gakpo

Outside of that the biggest PL deal has been Gordon to Newcastle for almost 50m. Who is exactly crying themselves to sleep over this? No one else has used this window to improve so substantially in the short or long run such that we should be in tatters. The club has done alright for a Jan window. Two proven PL players who can contribute week in week out, plus a highly rated young player who is ready to step up is good business. It's not a decadent dessert, but it is the steak and potatoes that will sustain you. A statement signing will have to wait until the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom