• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Jorginho

Would you rather

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

cat-disgusted.gif[\img]

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I get that people want to be logical and fall that, but a big part of being a football fan is being irracional and emotional.

Of course people are going to have a probem with signing another Chelsea player after all we've been through. It's as valid as being fine with this for the afformentioned logical reasons.
I love passion in football but sorry raw emotion never makes up for math. We bought an experienced CM for 12 million as a back up. Feeling butt hurt at Chelsea is silly. Is anyone upset we didn’t buy Lemar for 90 million pre Covid?

I will say it again, great deal for Arsenal i prefer this to paying Gangster Bloom 90 million for a 60 million prospect

Finesse

Arsenal 100% better get a ready to go, can challenge Partey and Xhaka for their spots from day 1, midfielder in the summer now.

Rice, Caicedo level player...only way to make this justifiable in anyway.

This is what would justify the short term move with Jorginho.

The point is not if Jorginho is what we need. Rather what does he bring to the team. With Mo out and only Lokonga available , he brings in experience , tactical noose , technique / passing and close control needed to play deep. Better than Lokonga and Mo. He can play straight away with no time to adapt , which is what we need for the final push. Good fee and 1.5 year deal.

What we need is a long-term , younger and established option for midfield considering Xhaka and Partey are hitting 30s. Rice is prime and Caicedo or Zubimendi are options we can revisit. Better to free up finances now and add to any possible windfalls to fund this player.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
A nanny on a wheelchair will bypass a midfield of Xhaka and Jorginho. Must be the slowest midfield in the league. Hope is enough for Europa League. Yet, if Partey gets injured the league is over if we have to trust this finished player. Happy birthday to me! Another ex Chelsea waste ready to sabotage the season.

TriniGunner

We are thin in midfield so I really don't know why people are upset that we got a good player. Forget his age, he's still young but very experienced and able to get us over the line based on our position in the league table. We're basing our assessment on his current form but as a midfielder, he's an excellent addition to the squad.

Farzad Stoned

A nanny on a wheelchair will bypass a midfield of Xhaka and Jorginho. Must be the slowest midfield in the league. Hope is enough for Europa League. Yet, if Partey gets injured the league is over if we have to trust this finished player. Happy birthday to me! Another ex Chelsea waste ready to sabotage the season.

If we play in double pivot for a match or two it can work. Jorginho is a good player with experience for cheap to replace sambi. He is not our future midfielder

Bergkamp120

Chelski fans generally seem upset that they've let him come to us. I've seen comments like "runs games at his own will" and "best ball retention I've ever seen," But he is slow and we'll have to plan for that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@drippin managing to turn this (and other posters) positive, you do love to see it.

If this doesn't get the Drip-meister at least Trussed status, or preferably a promotion to a mod, then there is no justice!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

@drippin managing to turn this (and other posters) positive, you do love to see it.

If this doesn't get the Drip-meister at least Trussed status, or preferably a mod, then there is no justice!
I'm an optimist. And I have really hated Jorginho in the past. Not the easiest switch in attitude, but very happy they got someone who can help instantly. Three players in January is pretty good. Two of which are EPL proven.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
If the reported 1½ years on the contract is true then I think this is a brilliant move. The only downside here is the optics of getting a Chelsea player after what happened in this window, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things when it comes to winning.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I love passion in football but sorry raw emotion never makes up for math. We bought an experienced CM for 12 million as a back up. Feeling butt hurt at Chelsea is silly. Is anyone upset we didn’t buy Lemar for 90 million pre Covid?

I will say it again, great deal for Arsenal i prefer this to paying Gangster Bloom 90 million for a 60 million prospect

What @Riou and I are argueing is a matter of principles, mate. For us, this is a line we shouldn't cross as a club no matter how logical it is.

It's fine if that's your viewpoint, it's not a wrong. But surely if we can see it from your side, you should see it from ours as well?

To us (and you can correct me if I'm wrong here, Riou) club's are more than just points in the table, however important they may be.

We still view it as an institution, something that's about values and community and all that, and even though that's a highly utopian view, it's what me and possibly him grew up on with Arsenal. That's what the club is to us.

And for us, it's just too much getting shat on by a rival club all window long and coming back for a third serving.

A rival that has fundametally ruined that vision of what football should be about with financial doping, while also being a thorn on our side for the past decade or so by letting us have their cast off, getting our players and being overall more successful than Arsenal, specially by getting the CL before us - the biggest club in London.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

This is a nice solid signing. Unfortunately, we needed a new midfielder before El Neny got injured so we needed two after his injury. I can see why people are upset as leaving the squad thin has been an Arsenal hallmark for years.

Farzad Stoned

Exactly Jorginho will play faster than Sambi defensively because he has tactical sense. If you are always out of position you can be Usain Bolt and it won’t be enough. Kiwior and Zinny are Partey replacement options in a pinch as well.

Diesel

Exactly Jorginho will play faster than Sambi defensively because he has tactical sense. If you are always out of position you can be Usain Bolt and it won’t be enough. Kiwior and Zinny are Partey replacement options in a pinch as well.
If kiwi plays more than 3 games ill be shocked and it means we got hit with injuries.

yorch44

If we play in double pivot for a match or two it can work. Jorginho is a good player with experience for cheap to replace sambi. He is not our future midfielder
In theory maybe, 2 years ago maybe, but the thing is Xhaka is doing great playing advanced role and that comes with Partey doing all the pivot work. Yes Xhaka helps but that way Partey cover the slowness of Xhaka. Add an slow and finished pivot and then anyone can run through your midfield. Idk if some haven't watch him recently but the guy is over, he has been destroyed for many players eating ground in the floor. 3-2 years ago he was ok, but now he is even slower than before. Zinchenko can't cover him and his wing. Normally Partey shields everything, with him we are gonna need someone to cover the shield.

I only hope he will be only used in Europa.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What @Riou and I are argueing is a matter of principles, mate. For us, this is a line we shouldn't cross as a club no matter how logical it is.

It's fine if that's your viewpoint, it's not a wrong. But surely if we can see it from your side, you should see it from ours as well?

To us (and you can correct me if I'm wrong here, Riou) club's are more than just points in the table, however important they may be.

We still view it as an institution, something that's about values and community and all that, and even though that's a highly utopian view, it's what me and possibly him grew up on with Arsenal. That's what the club is to us.

And for us, it's just too much getting shat on by a rival club all window long and coming back for a third serving.

A rival that has fundametally ruined that vision of what football should be about with financial doping, while also being a thorn on our side for the past decade or so by letting us have their cast off, getting our players and being overall more successful than Arsenal, specially by getting the CL before us - the biggest club in London.

Plus @Riou's dad is a chelsea fan, so he has to suffer that twice over.

yorch44

We are thin in midfield so I really don't know why people are upset that we got a good player. Forget his age, he's still young but very experienced and able to get us over the line based on our position in the league table. We're basing our assessment on his current form but as a midfielder, he's an excellent addition to the squad.
Because you think is a good player, but that's only because you think he is the player he used to be.

Malky

Established Member
Arsenal PR in full flow now - Ornstein tweeting about the excitement the players and staff have for a very experienced player coming in. :rolleyes:

blrgooner

Established Member
Is this the opinion people on here had of Jorginho 6 months ago? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Borderline world class 😭 I nearly spat on my drink reading that line.
I can tell for sure that I always rated Jorginho. Don`t think he is world class etc but I think he is among the top 5-6 among the PL defensive midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom