• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal striker ever

Worst Arsenal striker ever?

• Total voters

Vanfrothan

Jeffers is probably the most disappointing in terms of what we thought we were getting compared to what we got.

When he signed he was billed as the missing piece to the puzzle who would tap in all of the chances that Bergkamp and Henry created, but in actual fact we already had players like Pires and Ljungberg who were brilliant at being in the right place at the right time to tap in loose balls, so we never really needed him.

That and he was always injured!!!!

The others were unknown quantities anyway so nothing was really expected of them.

Also Christopher Wreh got us to a cup final in 98 so harsh to put him in with this lot.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Wreh doesn't really deserve to be on that list tbh.

Park neither as he never played for us & I don't think the real story on what that was all about will ever come out but but it's weird as fck the whole thing. So it's not really fair to list him as one of the worst ever if hes never played for us & i don't think it was football reasons he didn't.

Sanogo wasnt great & I don't recall Diawara playing much.

I actually had high hopes for Jeffers & thought it was a smart signing at first. Didnt work out for him unfortunately.

An honourable mention should go to Chris Kiwomya who George Graham bought from Ipswich around 94/95 & referred to him as 'a bit rusty' when he arrived.

Am I allowed to say Giroud ???

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
View attachment 12838

Up there as a candidate. Horrific striker coupled with that birds nest trim.

Lad played like his laces were tied together with two left feet.
Oh wow I'd completely blanked Chamakh out of my memory. Lad was horrendous in the end but he did well when he filled in for Van Persie at one point when he had that lengthy injury lay-off. Can't remember which season it was in.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Jeffers was the most dissapointing considering how good he looked for Everton. However at least he managed to score a few goals.

Wreh was piss poor and used to miss so many sitters but at least he got a few goals.

Chu- Young was poor but at least got a goal in a cup game.

For pure lack of footballing ability and for looking out of their depth at this level it has to be between Diawara and Sanogo. Diawara gets my vote, the worst player I've seen play for Arsenal in my lifetime. Diawara not only failed to score a goal for us but PSG, Marseille, Blackburn and West Ham as well

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Basing it on the poll choices and just what they did for Arsenal...

Wreh's purple patch in 1998 was pretty important in us winning The Double, he won us the FA cup semi final and 6 crucial points with his goals.

Sanogo was a donkey can't lie, but Hull had no idea what the **** to do with this uncoordinated giraffe that his presence in 2014 weirdly helped us finally end our trophy drought.

Can't be them two, imo.

Jeffers was a good player before us and had some decent moments here, don't know why his career fell off so badly after us...I reckon we mentally broke him, tbh...he probably thought he could be a top forward one day, but played alongside Henry and Bergkamp for one training session and realised he just wasn't very good at this football thing 😅

Park and Diawara were both useless, probably edge Kaba as he played more times.

But the worst one for me was Chamakh (if I could pick anyone) considering he arrived with some hype.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
View attachment 12838

Up there as a candidate. Horrific striker coupled with that birds nest trim.

Lad played like his laces were tied together with two left feet.
Chamakh's first six months with us were great, we were top of the league iirc with him starting for us. Great link up play and 11 goals until January.

Then Wenger started to sub him out every game after 60 minutes for Judas which chipped away at his confidence, more importantly that whole Las Vegas photo blackmail story happened around the time which destroyed him. He was useless afterwards but not really through fault of his own.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If you were talking failure to live up to expectations or poorest value for money it would be Jeffers. Can't say he was the worst Arsenal striker ever though he had talent and showed it at times.

Wreh was average to poor generally but he did contribute a few important goals so I can't vote for him. He wasn't that bad.

Park was just an anomaly. His pedigree and track record was decent. He just didn't get a chance here so he gets a pass from me too.

It comes down to Diawara vs Sanogo to me. Both very poor strikers but I'd say Diawara marginally had more about him so I vote Sanogo.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Sanogo didn't do well in his career but you guys are missing the fact of how many injuries he had. The only reason Wenger brought him was because of his potential but he failed to revive his career.

When it comes to talent, he is from a different planet compared to the rest on this list

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Chamakh's first six months with us were great, we were top of the league iirc with him starting for us. Great link up play and 11 goals until January.

Then Wenger started to sub him out every game after 60 minutes for Judas which chipped away at his confidence, more importantly that whole Las Vegas photo blackmail story happened around the time which destroyed him. He was useless afterwards but not really through fault of his own.

What happened in Vegas? I might have missed that story at the time.

Anyways, I agree with @Riou when he came in, our fans were hyping him up to be some CR7 regen with all those YouTube comps they were shoving down everyone’s throat and although it was a free transfer, it was easily one of the worst business we done in that period. He was a woeful baller and I’m being polite even saying that 😭 man should have stayed in Ligue 1 and saved himself the disappointment.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom