• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Since the change of squad direction, Edu has done a PHENOMENAL job. One can look at missed targets, scoff at the context, point to no blockbuster signings. The results speak loudest, we have the youngest starting 11 and are putting in a legitimate title challenge. This squad took how long to build? 2-3 years? It's actually incredible, people sleep pretty heavily on how massive of a turnaround this is.

It seems like there is a (general) agreement that Edu has done at least a decent job until this point.

A few things I'd say (I've skipped over a lot of the conversation, so apologies if any of this has already been combed through):

1) I'm not sure there are "easy" transfers. Think someone referenced Gabriel Jesus and posted the link about 6 other teams being interested. It's overly simplistic to say that a deal is easy because it went through, and difficult because it didn't. If you're going to be harsh on the misses, be fair with the wins.

2) Being opportunistic is absolutely a massive W. The best way to "beat the market" so to speak. This shouldn't be - and I hope isn't - in contention. Is every deal going to be a massive opportunity grab? No, but not all of our transfers have been.

3) Being first without having had to completely blow the bank on singular players is also absolutely a massive W, NOT a knock against Edu. All this talk about how he hasn't been able to get a tough massive transfer through - he clearly hasn't had to in order for us to succeed this season (although, as previously mentioned, not sure what a "difficult" transfer really is, or how anyone would care to define it). That's a fantastic sign of the great work thats been done squad building wise. Will we be able to bring in big players on massive fees and wages? Seems pretty likely, no real reason why we couldn't. Calling for his head in the meantime though is pretty wild. Especially when all things considered, we had an extremely solid January window. We needed cover on the wings, at LCB and at CM. We got all of that, perfect to keep our title push sustainable. This resoundingly negative alter-narrative seems more rooted in anxiety of the future than any real current substance. Our current reality points to a very steep upward trend.

4) I disagree that we are going to need a mythical DoF that signs every major top target in perpetuity in order for us to succeed. In fact, the strategy and pattern of our transfers seem to indicate we are due 2-3 big transfers, and then I'd expect our spending to settle down. We have a first 11 thats capable of throwing down with the best, and is incredibly young and settled. The squad is only going to get better as they mature. Keep who we have, add in a couple midfielders as needed and we really are set for the next 5 years. Additional transfers will just be dependent on outgoings at that point.

5) Regarding missed transfers - if we hadn't bid for Caciedo or Mudryk, would anyone have been crying out for Edu to try to sign them? At the fees it would take to sign them? Hardly anyone knew who they were before this transfer window, and no one thought they'd be worth the amounts they apparently currently are. But if you weren't crying out for him to sign them before, what's the issue that he tried and failed? It's net neutral if you miss out, possible net gain if you sign them and it works out (****since we still strengthened were required****). Mudryk had been twerking harder than Kiwior's wife, and Caciedo made a public instagram post about wanting to get a deal done. If these are the "difficult" negotiations you all are talking about, I think you have misled yourselves. These transfers didn't fail because of a negotiation breakdown, they failed because we didn't pay up. That is an incredibly different criticism than the one that's being posed against Edu, implying some ineptitude in "difficult" negotiations. The reality is that we simply didn't value the players the way their clubs did - what's the issue there? All Edu had to do to sign Mudryk for e.g. was drop 100M from the get-go. Not particularly difficult.

I had more to say, but I'm absolutely disgusted in myself for typing all of this. Hope it facilitates some more healthy discussion. Going to go cry in the shower now.

@Blood on the Tracks @db10_therza @Trilly @drippin tagging you lot since you guys drove this discussion and I'm posting this during off peak hours. I just wrote a novel so at least one of you better take the time to read it :lol:

By the way by simply bidding on Murdyk we made Chelsea pay 20-30 percent more for a guy with 12 goals i will happily kick CFC and Boehly into the grave they dug for themselves

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Seeing @Trilly & @Nacho go at it is like watching a Prime Fergie United team vs Prime Wenger team, unbelievable posting on show.

Some of you trash posters @drippin, @ExtjExhtts @farzad4daarse & @say yes should take note of this sort of level of posting.

Will you stop fanboying other posters. You are the resident paint chip eater i talk about when i say 80 percent of people should be sterilized i am actually thinking about your parents.

Ps i don’t think @Trilly or @Nacho is going to let you suck their d.ck. So think of a better way to break your incel status. You want call me trash mate i got lots loving waiting for you do it again see what happens

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It’s the IF right. IF he fails to do the next phase of his job, then he should leave. He has done a great job so far. But if he hits his ceiling then Arsenal Football Club should not be limited by the same ceiling.

I’m not saying fire him now that’s crazy talk. I will be absolutely delighted if he proves that he can rise to the occasion. But I’m not going to be sentimental if he doesn’t.
Well dont mock me when I say you said something you said, and tell me i cant read and then act like i said anything different in my other post that you mocked. I said if he fails in the summer in that post too. But you just ignorera that part?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I think people deluding themselves into thinking the next step for the club is to get into bidding wars for 150M players are forgetting our wage structure. A signing in that bracket would be on 300k+ wages while our highest paid players will be under 200k. Players like Bellingham will simply not be happening.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Will you stop fanboying other posters. You are the resident paint chip eater i talk about when i say 80 percent of people should be sterilized i am actually thinking about your parents.

Ps i don’t think @Trilly or @Nacho is going to let you suck their d.ck. So think of a better way to break your incel status. You want call me trash mate i got lots loving waiting for you do it again see what happens
Bro he called you trash poster not trash. Dial it down a bit or you'll have no place to share your Medellin callcenter employees feet pics at soon

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It is insane go on the Chelsea fan site they are cheering this guy. Boehly and Eghbali are being twerked for on Chelsea fan sites like these guys are spending their own money lol. This isn’t their money they are p.ssing away they are leveraging the crap out of the club with hard money. Not friendly loans “wink-wink” from Stan or the sheik. You are talking about highly regulated other people’s money. You don’t show a return these Wall street mfers who would repossess their own grannies pacemaker for a bigger year end. What happens if they predictably don’t make CL? Oh yeah now they can’t service the debt and you think Clearlake capital will give them a pass?

Sheer insanity please god let me die instantly during the best orgasm of my life in Colombia I can’t take this level of stupidity. Every man has a limit i am well past the point where i will tolerate fools gladly. Honestly humans are so stupid i want to be kidnapped by aliens like Gdeep. Vicious anal probing by repitilian Aliens can’t be worse than reading the whiny Edu didn’t get his first choice posts.
I have long ago given up on signs of intelligent life from many commenting on football and other sports. It really is the absolute dregs…

How anyone can go off on a rant after this January window is crazy to me. To me it actually quite good business we have done. Two PL proven and ready players in positions we really need some options plus Sambi on loan to CP plus Cedric to Fulham! All good decisions in my mind. Plus we didn’t break the bank and should be able to have a go at some big signing in the summer.

The fact that the club has evaluations that are ready to stick to is good. Look at Chelsea and ManU and how they keep on bleeding money without too much to show for it over the last couple of years. Well, well… For now I’d rather be in our position.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

People's entire criticism of Edu is basically We arent madrid and buys the currently hyped up kid from the WC. Or the player was cheap so it's not difficult.

Imagine getting the quality of the players we have for the prices we have, and say they are doing a bad job. Getting elite players for low prices under the radar.

Paying 120 mil for mudryk could just be "Not worth it". Paying 100 mil for Caceido could also be NOT worth it. If people here could decide we would pay 150 mil for Mudryk "Amazingly done Edu" "look at our muscles"
The Edu criticism is just such a weird reaction to what for all intent and purposes was a good window. It can solely be based on some strange internet pissing contest mindset to show we outbid Chelsea and ManU.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

I have long ago given up on signs of intelligent life from many commenting on football and other sports. It really is the absolute dregs…

How anyone can go off on a rant after this January window is crazy to me. To me it actually quite good business we have done. Two PL proven and ready players in positions we really need some options plus Sambi on loan to CP plus Cedric to Fulham! All good decisions in my mind. Plus we didn’t break the bank and should be able to have a go at some big signing in the summer.

The fact that the club has evaluations that are ready to stick to is good. Look at Chelsea and ManU and how they keep on bleeding money without too much to show for it over the last couple of years. Well, well… For now I’d rather be in our position.

You 2 are literally this:

1675325092522.gif

No one. Absolutely no one has said we should have paid 100m or whatever the fk for Caicedo and co. You haven’t bothered reading any of the posts, you just come in here and start pontificating and throw in some casual insults for good measure before climbing back up on your high horse.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Some may say your arrival was almost predicted…

Nice discussion happening. Good points well made. It’s beautiful. Now just waiting for someone to wade in on their high horse and be all “omg you’re all such babies, top of the league and you’re whining, spoilt brats, fml you depressing nonces make me sick”

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Well dont mock me when I say you said something you said, and tell me i cant read and then act like i said anything different in my other post that you mocked. I said if he fails in the summer in that post too. But you just ignorera that part?
Apologies brother @pigge , things got heated. Although I have re read your post and it does sound like you were talking about past transfers and I don’t see any mention of the summer?

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

So what is your criticism of Edu then based on? Because to have landed him and esp. Mudryk we would simply have had to pony up more money and outbid Chelsea.
Read the posts. I’m not gonna rehash however many pages of discussion for your benefit.

If you can’t be bothered to read them that’s fine. But at least then have the self awareness to not come here and throw insults around.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Read the posts. I’m not gonna rehash however many pages of discussion for your benefit.

If you can’t be bothered to read them that’s fine. But at least then have the self awareness to not come here and throw insults around.
I have actually read the posts but is really hard to discern any sensible and coherent criticism other than that Edu somehow needs to “prove” himself by signing an expensive transfer where we pay more than we want.

The club clearly has its evaluations and they stick with them so as not get into an auction style bidding war. The fact that we are organized and consequent to me is a huge plus. It will pay off long term.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Emotions got the best of me, back to being 100% in favour of our Invincible transfer guru Edu, keep up the great work this summer son!

The club can still sack Vinai if they want though 👍

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I have actually read the posts but is really hard to discern any sensible and coherent criticism other than that Edu somehow needs to “prove” himself by signing an expensive transfer where we pay more than we want.

The club clearly has its evaluations and they stick with them so as not get into an auction style bidding war. The fact that we are organized and consequent to me is a huge plus. It will pay off long term.

If you have actually read them then I have to say I’m surprised that’s all you’ve managed to discern… I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and summarise.

Everyone thinks we’ve done an amazing job to get to where we are. Edu has played his role here and played it well. The squad is assembled now. Going forwards we only need one or two top top level signings. The 100-150m level kind of signings, as only they would be good enough to elevate our first 11, because that is just how good our first 11 is right now.

Some here are confident that Edu will pull off what is required in this new paradigm. Some are apprehensive. Those of us who are nervous point to the fact that Edteta haven’t made any established top top signings so far (Jesus may or may not fall into this category tbf) as a reason for our nervousness.

This summer will be the first time where we need to effectively bring in a first 11 quality of player from a position of strength. Our midfield is aging and both Partey and Xhaka need to be replaced (more the former imo). Again, some of us are confident we’ll pull it off. Some are nervous. Let’s see what happens. Fingers and toes are all crossed.

This project, like all projects, is a cycle. I personally don’t see it lasting more than 4/5 years. That gives us 3/4 summer windows to bring in the level of player that can take us to the summit of European football. There’s no room or time here for sentimentality and resting on our laurels. Blink and you will miss it. So… if Edu can’t deliver on the next phase of his assignments we should replace him with someone who can.

We’re NOT saying we should have paid ridiculous sums for Caicedo in January. We ARE saying we need to hit the nail on the head this summer with no excuses. We’ve got 6 months to put feelers out and work out who is attainable and at what price point.

@Bagels - who gave a pitch perfect example of how to enter a discussion mid way with humility btw- this summary is also for you bro.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What are you even arguing about?

You can keep saying this and I’ll keep telling you it’s not true. Literally till the end of time.

Massive transfer with big competition? You end up saying stuff you don’t even believe just to prove yourself right.

Haaland was a massive transfer with big competition, the guy and his family ranked every club in Europe when deciding where to go and Pep had to promise not to overplay him :lol:

Hazard had all of Europe waiting for him to announce what club he was going to. Neymar changed the way Spanish release clauses were set forever. Ronaldo’s return to United broke multiple records on Instagram.

Mbappe renewed his contract and the Spanish league literally tried to sue PSG :lol:

If Jesus is a massive massive transfer then I don’t know what the above are. Forget those, what does that make the arrivals of Özil and Sanchez?

I literally credited Edu’s relationship with the player as one of the reason’s why he got him but I also said that’s not a repeatable strategy. Edu doesn’t know Leao, Caicedo, Bellingham, Rice, Kravra, etc.

You sure throw out a lot of strawmen and deliberately misunderstand things for someone who claims to be paradigm of open and honest debate. 🤨
It was a joke about Haaland, not a strawman. But it still has a point that it's not only because of his father he went to City, like Jesus didn't come to Arsenal only because of Arteta, or relationship with Edu. Relationship with Edu doesn't even seem that important to me, it's a minor additional attraction if you know the DoF vs. all the other stuff.

Jesus is comparable to all those transfers because Arsenal was an UEL club when they got him. 5 other big clubs were after him, even Chelsea tried him and that's a fact. He was the best striker in the market after Haaland, because of his contract length, experience, level, versatility etc. Look at what Tottenham paid for Richarlison who is a level below no matter if he starts over Jesus in the NT.

You keep saying that relationship is why he got him, but it's fairly obvious that getting him means he had to do a lot of more work to convince him in different ways. We don't know what are all the methods different DoF's use for this. But Edu got him eventhough UCL clubs wanted him.

Like I said, he gets only very minor credit for it and if he didn't get him to UEL Arsenal, he would get 100% the blame, no question about it. It's ridiculous.

All I'm saying he should be give more credit for this than you guys give him. You think it's mostly Arteta, his relationship, luck or whatever. But he got him, it was a massive massive transfer for an UEL team.

He also saved a lot of money extending Nketiah, getting rid of Auba & Laca, and having a pathway to Balogun while convincing Jesus with the striker plans from January. He had part in all of this, they work as a team with Arteta. Nketiah and Balogun can easily be worth 100 million now as young HG strikers.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Apologies brother @pigge , things got heated. Although I have re read your post and it does sound like you were talking about past transfers and I don’t see any mention of the summer?
We all get heated! Yeah i said main targets without adding summer, my mistake!

All good, in the end we all just want whats best for Arsenal :handshake:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think people deluding themselves into thinking the next step for the club is to get into bidding wars for 150M players are forgetting our wage structure. A signing in that bracket would be on 300k+ wages while our highest paid players will be under 200k. Players like Bellingham will simply not be happening.
I do think they might have an exception now for paying a bit bigger wages for some top player. But your point is valid, and it's the Arsenal way, especially as Arteta seems to want to do what Pep does at City regarding not going to bidding wars.

Take the big money targets like Caicedo and Mudryk. Part of their attraction was that they won't demand big wages, as their current wages are quite low. This will help FFP with tens of millions compared to some other options, so the overall squad will be better in the long run as you have more money to use.

People blame Edu for not getting these over the line, but I personally think it's Arsenal's history in the transfer market and Kroenke's likely won't even allow to do the sillyness that Boehly does.

People should also remember that now that Edu didn't get his big targets in January, he still put a message to the other clubs, which is that Arsenal can't be pressured to overpaying and that the other clubs have to think twice about refusing a bid, because there might not be another one even for #1 targets.

People think it was total failure but can't see the effects for the coming years in negotiations. It's a similar kind of thing as Bloom now did regarding Brighton not being able to be pressured to sell players with long contracts, especially in January.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Nah. Wages have as much to do with age/experience as anything else. Endrick is going to Real for 60m or whatever and will be on 40k a week. If Mudryk joined us he would have been on 80k or sth. Declan Rice, I can’t see him being above 175-200k tbh, if he demands that I’d think twice (I’m already somewhat on the fence). Camavinga is on 130k, I’d like to think he’d be fine with below 200k.

Also bear in mind Jesus is on 265k within our wage structure…

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom