• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal striker ever

Worst Arsenal striker ever?

• Total voters

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Runarsson followed by Taylor.

Personally can’t think of worse than Runarsson but I’m sure there’s been some other disasters in the past.

Worst CB also interesting. Don’t think you can really do worst midfielders, doesn’t have the same interest.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Personally can’t think of worse than Runarsson but I’m sure there’s been some other disasters in the past.

Worst CB also interesting. Don’t think you can really do worst midfielders, doesn’t have the same interest.
Worst CB Stepanovs easily. Silvestre was not as awful but still runs him close because of his Manc heritage and wild headshape.

Worst CM is indeed a little more difficult. Grimandi probably, always had a mistake in him and was just as useless as a scout.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Stepanovs is the worst CB to ever play for us, the fact we only signed him because Bergkamp was trying to wind up Keown sums it up 🤣

Would still take Igor over Mustafi though, when you factor in the money...have no idea how he managed to play for clubs like Arsenal and Valenica plus win the World Cup with Germany, hated him here.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

I think Stepanovs is probably the most unpopular but I thought Squillaci and Cygan were worse.

Tom349

Sanogo had plenty of talent just constant injuries stopped him from ever developing.

Was super important in breaking our trophy drought, starting a number of games in the FA cup in the 2014 season and coming off the bench at 2-1 down to win the final against Hull.

Riou

I think Stepanovs is probably the most unpopular but I thought Squillaci and Cygan were worse.

Cygan was alright, good squad player that had some good games for us...didn't even do THAT badly, when forced to play at LB due to injuries either.

AM only hates Pascal, due to their bias against bald people.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Squillaci had good spells when he was partnered with Djourou, was only with Koscielny that both would take to the pitch wearing clown costumes. Cygan was clearly worse than the guys in front of him but not generally awful, Luzhny was a good level worse for instance.

Stepanovs easily worst Arsenal player I've seen, can only assume people don't really remember him when they name someone else 98 onwards.

UkrArsenal

There are many opinions about who is worse, but who is the most hated, there will certainly be no doubt.
But there is one question for him...whats the score?

Riou

Squillaci had good spells when he was partnered with Djourou, was only with Koscielny that both would take to the pitch wearing clown costumes. Cygan was clearly worse than the guys in front of him but not generally awful, Luzhny was a good level worse for instance.

Stepanovs easily worst Arsenal player I've seen, can only assume people don't really remember him when they name someone else 98 onwards.

Djourou and Cygan were never starting quality, but were decent backup level I always felt.

I remember how good Pascal and Sol were at the back when we beat Inter 5-1.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Djourou and Cygan were never starting quality, but were decent backup level I always felt.

I remember how good Pascal and Sol were at the back when we beat Inter 5-1.
Mango boi was decent and improving before his injury at United in 2010, afterwards became a liability.

Cygan wasn't awful as backup agree.

Riou

I think "worst whatever at Arsenal", how many games they play should he factored in.

For example Runnarson was clearly the worst keeper here, but played like 3 cup games before being booted out...while I would say Almunia is our worst keeper, since he somehow became a ****ing starter for three years... that's unacceptable imo.

Every club can take a punt on someone that doesn't work out, that's fine...but when you spend big money on a player, or play him a lot and he's crap... that's far worse.

Riou

I think "worst whatever at Arsenal", how many games they play should he factored in.

For example Runnarson was clearly the worst keeper here, but played like 3 cup games before being booted out...while I would say Almunia is our worst keeper, since he somehow became a ****ing starter for three years... that's unacceptable imo.

Every club can take a punt on someone that doesn't work out, that's fine...but when you spend big money on a player, or play him a lot and he's crap... that's far worse.

So for me it's...

Worst keeper - Almunia
Worst defender - Mustafi
Worst midfielder - Torreira
Worst attacker - Gervinho

...we have actually been pretty good with our midfield signings, thinking about it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
So for me it's...

Worst keeper - Almunia
Worst defender - Mustafi
Worst midfielder - Torreira
Worst attacker - Gervinho

...we have actually been pretty good with our midfield signings, thinking about it.

For me.

Worst goalkeeper - Runarsson. Honorable mention to Stuart Taylor / Vince Bartram.
Worst defender - Stepanovs and it's not even close :lol: Honourable mention to David Grodin.
Worst midfielder - Albert Mendez. Grimandi and Bischoff aren't far off.
Worst attacker - Sanogo / Diawara. Hard to separate them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For me.

Worst goalkeeper - Runarsson. Honorable mention to Stuart Taylor / Vince Bartram.
Worst defender - Stepanovs and it's not even close :lol: Honourable mention to David Grodin.

Ffs forgot about Runarsson already :lol:

Guy didn’t even look like a professional footballer

Riou

For me.

If you are judging it on pure lack of ability, you are right...they are awful.

Was Grimandi has bad as people are saying, or is it cause he was a terrible scout for us after that makes him look worse?

Don't remember him being THAT useless as a player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Never seen a worse Arsenal defender than Silvestre.

Even Squillaci, Senderos and Mustafi weren’t that bad.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If you are judging it on pure lack of ability, you are right...they are awful.

Was Grimandi has bad as people are saying, or is it cause he was a terrible scout for us after that makes him look worse?

Don't remember him being THAT useless as a player.

Tbf I was probably a bit harsh on Grimandi. Don't get me wrong he was crap. Kind of player you'd bring on for 10 minutes to see out a game.

He's probably remembered a bit worse than he actually was because of the calibre of our midfield at the time though.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom