• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not cut out for this level or the way Arteta wants to play, no shame in that. I don't think he did terrible during Jesus absence, but whatever happens I hope he is at peace with it as he's had his chance.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not cut out for this level or the way Arteta wants to play, no shame in that. I don't think he did terrible during Jesus absence, but whatever happens I hope he is at peace with it as he's had his chance.
Don't think you can put this one on how Arteta wants to play, he misses too many good chances (the latest one vs Everton) so it looks more like a quality standard of Nketiah rather than anything else.

I'd still keep him around though, if he starts scoring from those chances and improves a bit he would be on an acceptable sub level, which is his role in this team. It's not like that can't happen, a bit of focus and confidence is all he needs really

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Don't think you can put this one on how Arteta wants to play, he misses too many good chances (the latest one vs Everton) so it looks more like a quality standard of Nketiah rather than anything else.

He can play in the prem. Bottom half or whoever prefers a more typical striker whatever, so it is about how Arteta wants to play. Especially when you consider it’s two false 9s who don’t really score but look better.

He’s not as bad as some of you try to portray he’s just not a title winning striker.

amigo

He can play in the prem. Bottom half or whoever prefers a more typical striker whatever, so it is about how Arteta wants to play. Especially when you consider it’s two false 9s who don’t really score but look better.

He’s not as bad as some of you try to portray he’s just not a title winning striker.
But we are playing him and we are leading the league...? 🤔Did his goals and contributions not count? Did we not get through Europa group top with him leading the line? There has not been a massive drop off since Gabriel Jesus left -surely that means something. Is he the best striker in the prem? Nope. Is he the best striker in Arsenal?, Nope. Is he good enough for Arsenal in his role? Absolutely, he’s done a great job.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But we are playing him and we are leading the league...? 🤔Did his goals and contributions not count? Did we not get through Europa group top with him leading the line? There has not been a massive drop off since Gabriel Jesus left -surely that means something. Is he the best striker in the prem? Nope. Is he the best striker in Arsenal?, Nope. Is he good enough for Arsenal in his role? Absolutely, he’s done a great job.

I absolutely agree with you, I think he’s done fine. His place on the bench however is Arteta’s admission that we could probably do a bit better though.

He’s nowhere near as bad as some have insisted anyways.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's a good back up. Jesus is clear when fit obviously but not every game but when he's not available is going to suit a Trossard type of false 9. Sometimes you'll need a physical presence up top.

Eddie's came on leaps and bounds in overall play over the past 12 months or so.

If he can get his finishing up to the clinical level it was in youth football then we've got a really rounded player on our hands.

I'm not ready to write him off. He's shown a lot more development than he tends to get credit for and I see no reason to believe that development won't carry on.

Gooner_girl14

Why are some talking like he's on his way out or has missed his chance? Didn't we sign him until 2027 last year on a £100k/week deal? He's not goint anywhere anytime soon, and I'm glad. He has 4 goals from 9 starts in the league, not a bad return at all. I think he's shown he's adjusted his game a bit to better suit what we need. He has filled in admirably for Jesus. Jesus' last game was vs Wolves in matchweek 16 - we were 5 ahead of City after 14 games played (for both of us). We're still 5 points ahead now.

Bucephalus

He's a good back up. Jesus is clear when fit obviously but not every game but when he's not available is going to suit a Trossard type of false 9. Sometimes you'll need a physical presence up top.

Eddie's came on leaps and bounds in overall play over the past 12 months or so.

If he can get his finishing up to the clinical level it was in youth football then we've got a really rounded player on our hands.

I'm not ready to write him off. He's shown a lot more development than he tends to get credit for and I see no reason to believe that development won't carry on.
Three thoughts on Eddie's finishing.

1. The step up from u21 goalkeeping to PL goalkeeping is huge. In the Community Shield match, Eddie got Alisson leaning the wrong way, hit the ball hard and low the opposite direction, and Alisson still got back over to save it. Eddie looked utterly mystified at how the ball wasn't in the back of the net. It seems only natural that a young striker would then overcompensate by trying to be more pinpoint than is realistic.

2. Possibly related to (1), Eddie seems to have hit a ridiculous number of posts and crossbars. An inch or two here or there and we could be talking about a young absolute sniper.

3. Granted, I only played at American high school levels, but I was actually impressed by his missed chance against Everton. It was a relatively high bouncing ball, and he did the difficult part by getting over it and keeping it on frame. Sure, it went straight into Pickford's chest. But I'd so much rather see that ball get struck well and on target with no idea if it's going left of the keeper, right of the keeper, or straight at him, than always missing the keeper but most often landing in Row Z.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Three thoughts on Eddie's finishing.

1. The step up from u21 goalkeeping to PL goalkeeping is huge. In the Community Shield match, Eddie got Alisson leaning the wrong way, hit the ball hard and low the opposite direction, and Alisson still got back over to save it. Eddie looked utterly mystified at how the ball wasn't in the back of the net. It seems only natural that a young striker would then overcompensate by trying to be more pinpoint than is realistic.

2. Possibly related to (1), Eddie seems to have hit a ridiculous number of posts and crossbars. An inch or two here or there and we could be talking about a young absolute sniper.

3. Granted, I only played at American high school levels, but I was actually impressed by his missed chance against Everton. It was a relatively high bouncing ball, and he did the difficult part by getting over it and keeping it on frame. Sure, it went straight into Pickford's chest. But I'd so much rather see that ball get struck well and on target with no idea if it's going left of the keeper, right of the keeper, or straight at him, than always missing the keeper but most often landing in Row Z.
Na his finishing isn't great. But that could be because of pressure and snatching at things instead of taking half a second to think.

Eddie's been solid. We were 7-8 points ahead when Jesus got injured. We are 5. That shows that Eddie hasn't even a huge weak point.

He isn't CL level. But he doesn't have to be as a sub. He has to be Bournemouth at home level.

We could and should have a better back up but Eddie has done OK.

Bucephalus

Na his finishing isn't great. But that could be because of pressure and snatching at things instead of taking half a second to think.

Eddie's been solid. We were 7-8 points ahead when Jesus got injured. We are 5. That shows that Eddie hasn't even a huge weak point.

He isn't CL level. But he doesn't have to be as a sub. He has to be Bournemouth at home level.

We could and should have a better back up but Eddie has done OK.
I think we're saying the same thing, just from slightly positive and slightly negative sides of the same coin. "Pressure and snatching" was exactly my point (1); his development process made him get a bunch of non-senior goals where the keeper was giving him a third of the goal to aim at, and now it's a much smaller target to aim at. And I do think he's young enough to still learn. And no, I don't think he's good enough to lead the line in a big game unless it's an emergency. But he will work his ass off, and a solid squad rotational player is nothing to sneeze at.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think we're saying the same thing, just from slightly positive and slightly negative sides of the same coin. "Pressure and snatching" was exactly my point (1); his development process made him get a bunch of non-senior goals where the keeper was giving him a third of the goal to aim at, and now it's a much smaller target to aim at. And I do think he's young enough to still learn. And no, I don't think he's good enough to lead the line in a big game unless it's an emergency. But he will work his ass off, and a solid squad rotational player is nothing to sneeze at.
Yeah maybe. One thing is the idea of working his ass off. That for me isn't a quality. Me and you would both work our asses off for Arsenal for free. He's getting paid 100k a week for it.

If he isn't creating or scoring goals or enabling those around him to score more (like Jesus) he isn't effective. Running around isn't enough. Also he is terrible at challenging for high balls. He literally throws himself into the defender making a foul. It's absolutely pathetic and it's something you'd see in amateur football. The typical....let them know you are there. He needs to improve and stop trying to be a lad.

A small lean in and actually jump for the header. That's what he needs. That said. I won't be overly critical as he has helped us more or less maintain our position. Which is fair enough.

Bucephalus

Yeah maybe. One thing is the idea of working his ass off. That for me isn't a quality. Me and you would both work our asses off for Arsenal for free. He's getting paid 100k a week for it.

If he isn't creating or scoring goals or enabling those around him to score more (like Jesus) he isn't effective. Running around isn't enough. Also he is terrible at challenging for high balls. He literally throws himself into the defender making a foul. It's absolutely pathetic and it's something you'd see in amateur football. The typical....let them know you are there. He needs to improve and stop trying to be a lad.

A small lean in and actually jump for the header. That's what he needs. That said. I won't be overly critical as he has helped us more or less maintain our position. Which is fair enough.
Don't really want to argue with you. (Except that I'm a lawyer and really like arguing, and arguing about Arsenal is a lot more fun than court). Eddie is a decent squad level striker, who does all the little things well, and is decent at hold-up play, and can be a fox in the box. Which we might need on this run in.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He needs to bag against Bournemouth at home. If you’re not bagging against Bournemouth at home we gotta be up front about it, that’s subpar.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
How is this guy getting slandered after a few off appearances (Arteta confirmed he’s been carrying an injury). If it wasn’t for Eddie in the last few months we’d probably be out of the title race ffs.

He’s one of the best back up 9’s in the league.
Is he though? one goal or assist per 250 minutes isn't really great.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Don't really want to argue with you. (Except that I'm a lawyer and really like arguing, and arguing about Arsenal is a lot more fun than court). Eddie is a decent squad level striker, who does all the little things well, and is decent at hold-up play, and can be a fox in the box. Which we might need on this run in.
There's nothing to argue about.

A CL level striker needs to do more than run his ass off. Which was a selling point of yours.

We don't disagree that Eddie has been decent over the last 3 months and he is a decent striker in general.

My issue is, for the club to push on and become elite (which we want), we need more/better.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Hes out injured for Bournemouth I believe. Slight ankle issue apparently. Means Nelson will get a place on the bench.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
People need to understand that Eddie is still getting used to the demands of regular top level football. He had a slight knock & imho needed a break.
On the whole though it must be said that he has done well.
Ok he doesn't have the elite all round game of Jesus or the variety of trossard but he has improved & can link up play to a decent level at times.
I think if he doesn't score for a few games he perhaps starts to fret. Thought he looked quite good when he came on against Everton but perhaps needs a goal to help get his confidence back up.

Hopefully can get on the scoresheet against Bournemouth.
It would be great if the game went smoothly & Eddie, ESR & Reiss all got some minutes.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom