• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 742,140
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jesus in midfield? tf
Well Jesus in the Ødegaard role, which is less of a midfielder than say the 8 role that Xhaka is in. Ødegaard as the left 8.

I really like Jesus, but its probably the only way we keep the creativity of Ødegaard + everything that Jesus brings while adding an extra 30 goals....

Kuroske

Well Jesus in the Ødegaard role, which is less of a midfielder than say the 8 role that Xhaka is in. Ødegaard as the left 8.

I really like Jesus, but its probably the only way we keep the creativity of Ødegaard + everything that Jesus brings while adding an extra 30 goals....
Jesus needs the space to drift to the goal. With a stationary striker, it does only get in his way. I do also think that Martinelli will suffer from it. Ødegaard playing that deep will also diminish his creativity.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We’ve scored the 4th most goals in the big 5 this season after Bayern, PSG and City. I don’t think we need to add 30 goals…

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Martinelli-------Osimhen---------Saka
------------------------Jesus
-------------Ødegaard------
------------------------------Partey

Thoughts?
My first thought is put Jesus on RW and Saka on LCM if you want to play them all. Saka can do everything including defending so he'd be more suited there. Think Jesus+Ødegaard can replicate the tango Saka and Ødegaard have going on the right flank at the moment.

Also think Partey is one of the few midfielders in the world who can accomodate such an attacking line-up. Will have the shift gears if Jorginho plays.

It's getting quite ridiculous how Osimhen is performing, so I understand the attraction. Still think we'd be fine with Jesus as a striker, though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jesus needs the space to drift to the goal. With a stationary striker, it does only get in his way. I do also think that Martinelli will suffer from it. Ødegaard playing that deep will also diminish his creativity.
Osimhen is not stationary at all. He can literally do everything. I just don't see how teams would be able to handle, Saka carrying and dribbling, Martinelli ghosting centrally, Jesus on the ball and then a genuine forward who can do everything.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Osimhen aint coming here, wushlist stuff at this point. linked or not we will not pay the money.
Why not? phase 4 is literally spending money on players that can guarantee success. This is our Allison and VVD moment. Every team will be spending obscene amounts of money. We need to drop at least £250 million.

CF: Osimhen, Jesus, Trossard, Nketiah, Martinelli
RW: Saka, Jesus, Trossard, Martinelli, ESR, Vieira
LW: Martinelli, Trossard, ESR
10: Jesus, ESR, Ødegaard Vieira
8: Ødegaard, Xhaka, Vieira
6: Partey, Rice or Caicedo Jorginho
RB: White, Fresneda
LB: Zinchenko, Tomi
CB: Saliba, Diomande
CB: Gabriel, Kiwior.
GK: Ramsdale, Turner

Osimhen 150 million, Caicedo/Rice 80 million, Diomande + Fresneda 20 million = £250 million

Sell: Balogun, Tierney, Holding, Lokonga, Nuno and possibly Nketiah. Either way, its around £90 million.

£160 million net? With a possible title and Europa winnings. Its peanuts for this club. I am sorry, don't let anyone tell you that we cannot afford Osimhen.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Why not? phase 4 is literally spending money on players that can guarantee success. This is our Allison and VVD moment. Every team will be spending obscene amounts of money. We need to drop at least £250 million.

CF: Osimhen, Jesus, Trossard, Nketiah, Martinelli
RW: Saka, Jesus, Trossard, Martinelli, ESR, Vieira
LW: Martinelli, Trossard, ESR
10: Jesus, ESR, Ødegaard Vieira
8: Ødegaard, Xhaka, Vieira
6: Partey, Rice or Caicedo Jorginho
RB: White, Fresneda
LB: Zinchenko, Tomi
CB: Saliba, Diomande
CB: Gabriel, Kiwior.
GK: Ramsdale, Turner

Osimhen 150 million, Caicedo/Rice 80 million, Diomande + Fresneda 20 million = £250 million

Sell: Balogun, Tierney, Holding, Lokonga, Nuno and possibly Nketiah. Either way, its around £90 million.

£160 million net? With a possible title and Europa winnings. Its peanuts for this club. I am sorry, don't let anyone tell you that we cannot afford Osimhen.
This is Arsenal mate

Bloodbather

Established Member

Id rather be 1st than 4th in that statistic.
Is it worth risking the balance of the team, though? As exciting as that team looks offensively, it's asking for a whole lot out of Partey.

I think all this is moot since Osimhen probably won't leave Napoli anyway. The only way I could see him leaving is if they win Serie A and the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom