• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Sporting are 15 points behind the leaders domestically with this as the biggest prize on offer to them. We are 5 points ahead of the deepest, most talented team in the world with a 19 year drought looking like it could end. Totally different perspectives of this tournament.

Accepting defeat is a loser’s mentality. We have to have a win at all costs mentality, in every competition. The Europa league is a huge competition, especially for us as we have no European pedigree. Even our invincibles were bottlers in Europe. I was very young but I remember watching the Copenhagen penalty shootout of the UEFA cup in 2000 and crying.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@14Henry

No possible European Community Shield either...

Still can't believe we missed out on playing Chelsea in Belfast in 2021, remember driving past the stadium when they were putting the Villarreal banners up around it and being gutted.

Awful then, awful now.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Ramsdale will cost us again. The Saliba x Gabriel partnership at the back has been papering over the cracks.

The Fulham game and other blunders over our past games have been there for all to see.
A GK's best attribute is consistency. If you look up inconsistent definition on google, first thing you will see is Ramsdale's face.
I don't think he's done bad for us in general but it isn't at the required level at all. And not saying this because of what happened today ...

I don't care we're out of EL, just pissed it took 120 minutes. That being said, if we play like this in the CL next season and show the world we are still the same late Wenger's Arsenal, I may change my views on Arteta.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can anyone name one game this EL campaign where we actually looked decent? Every game was laborious and grinding.

Even if we scrapped through here we would have been **** against whoever we drew next.

Spot on, clear the players don’t play with the same edge as they do in the league in this comp.

Rattata

It's far from ideal but Holding was pretty solid tonight tbf.
No he wasn't at all. He looked good when Sporting was having all the posession in the second half because that's what Holding is good at defending the box. When we had the ball he was often in no mans land and lost many duels leaving us very open at the back.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
How we feel about this in the long run depends on the injuries and if we can beat Palace.

No serious knocks and 3 points and we stop giving a monkey's about this. Lots of good teams win it, but never anyone simultaneously challenging for a title. For Sporting this was their biggest game of the season. For us it was one we wanted to try to get through while rotating and getting minutes into GJs legs. We simply weren't as invested.

More broadly, we already know we don't have a squad to go 2 games a week at the elite level. We're getting closer, but given how much an overachievement this season has been already vis a vis expectations, I'm not losing any sleep over losing in a competition we won't be bad enough to be eligible for next year.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Accepting defeat is a loser’s mentality. We have to have a win at all costs mentality, in every competition. The Europa league is a huge competition, especially for us as we have no European pedigree. Even our invincibles were bottlers in Europe. I was very young but I remember watching the Copenhagen penalty shootout of the UEFA cup in 2000 and crying.

I read this in Andrew Tate’s voice.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta say Tomi injury look serious. Don't say what his injury.

Bored of this guy, he literally fell over slightly and is probably out for the season ffs!

Talented, but made of ****ing glass.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's not about accepting defeat. It's about prioritizing the most important prize and a 2nd rate European competition isn't it. What club that has a European pedigree do you see bragging about their Europa league trophies? Utd just won the EL 6 years ago, nobody cares. They care that they haven't won the league since Fergie left.

Badger_Revenge

So if we swap 2-3 players that's not our lineup? This wasn't a Wenger team that came with 5 academy players, it's mostly our first team without Saka and Ode.

They also missed a few starters
And Partey and White. And Jesus is still getting his game legs. They looked disjointed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bored of this guy, he literally fell over slightly and is probably out for the season ffs!

Talented, but made of ****ing glass.
Its just unlucky i feel for the guy just had s**t 2023 and it getting worse he should be converted to CB

IrishGooner93

Sporting played well but the first match saw Kiwi, Turner and Zinchenko gift them 2 goals. Today saw Ramsdale out of position and punished. It wasn't down to Arteta so much as individual errors and all of them seem to be playing with the league at the forefront of their minds which should be the case.
True but we were outplayed for large periods of the first 90 today. And their pressing caused us major issues. They knew what they were doing. But I do agree, it's clear the players weren't fully focused and also mixing and matching players doesn't help

Tom Mix

Sporting dropped down from the Champions League. They are no mug team.

We rested a few players and lost. We cannot compete for the Europa League whilst trying to challenge for the league. We don't have the squad. Especially when the requirement is to win every game in the league now.
Let's not big them up too much. They're 4th in the Portuguese league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom