• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Stat based signing. Absolutely awful.
We shall see. His strengths are very strong, but lots of weaknesses. Can he round out his game without losing the things he's good at? Bigger issue is that he's not a conductor like Ødegaard, or an accelerator like peak ESR, so can't be relied upon to be a creative fulcrum. I suspect he just doesn't fit our immediate needs very well. A lot depends on what Arteta plans to do next - not many could have forseen this season's tactical set up and deployment of certain personnel a year ago.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Really unlucky this guy likely season over with 2 months to go. Pressure on white to stay fit for remaining 11 games good thing he reliable

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I love this young team and manager, but people are acting like this is our 2001-2005 team that won 2 Prems and 3 cups and didn't need some silverware.

We haven't won anything for 3 three years, these players shouldn't be turning their noses up at the Europa League.

And if they have and that's why we went out tonight, then that's even worse than getting outplayed and losing ffs!

Bradpiff

CL next year gonna be rough

Hope being knocked out of this competition does us better than the last time we got knocked out of a cup competition where AM experts told me it would be a good thing

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
They are a well organised good side so fair play to them. They pressed us very well at times packed the midfield & made things very tricky.
However we were still unlucky to lose the tie. An absolute Worldie goal from them. If the guy attempts it 10 times he probably scores 1.

Disappointing to go out but these things happen in KO football.

We need to be able to cope with 2 games a week with some rotation.

This shows that some of the 'squad' players need to be/do better.

I don't think any of our non regular starters did well. Although I credit jorginho for an excellent pass for the goal.
Let's hope we can bounce back on Sunday🤞.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
True but we were outplayed for large periods of the first 90 today. And their pressing caused us major issues. They knew what they were doing. But I do agree, it's clear the players weren't fully focused and also mixing and matching players doesn't help
No doubt because our midfield options after the first choice trio drop off too much. We had no control in large part because Vieira was truly awful and doesn't do the dirty work that Ødegaard does to win the ball back as well as Jorginho having zero pace to cover the gaps left when we lose possession. The biggest issue was the combination of Jorginho and Vieira leaving us with no control. We see that stopped when Partey came on and we were well on top when Ødegaard came on. We just left it too late and lacked a cutting edge.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

A GK's best attribute is consistency. If you look up inconsistent definition on google, first thing you will see is Ramsdale's face.
I don't think he's done bad for us in general but it isn't at the required level at all. And not saying this because of what happened today ...

I don't care we're out of EL, just pissed it took 120 minutes. That being said, if we play like this in the CL next season and show the world we are still the same late Wenger's Arsenal, I may change my views on Arteta.

Praised him when he’s done well as it’s only fair to do so but I’ve never been a fan. Just don’t think he’s anything special like his fellow England GK compatriots.

All hype and nothing to back up with all this pashun. Ngl top goalkeepers in world football are pretty thin at this current time with all this emphasis with playing out from the back.

Reactions: Xln

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I’m in Geneva atm for a conference and had a good dinner tonight, seen zero of the game. Can’t say I missed attending this game much and much as I want to see us win a long overdue european trophy, cant say I give much of a **** about this. I’ll be back at the carpet in Sunday, let’s fcuk **** up.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
It's not about accepting defeat. It's about prioritizing the most important prize and a 2nd rate European competition isn't it. What club that has a European pedigree do you see bragging about their Europa league trophies? Utd just won the EL 6 years ago, nobody cares. They care that they haven't won the league since Fergie left.

We should be aiming to win both competitions. If we got through today it’s only 2 more ties and a final. And believe me, Utd fans have bragged a lot about that Europa league. When teams are announced in European draws their European achievements get used, both Champions league and Europa league.. We have none.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Thank god the lads tanked us out of The Farmers Cup. Not sad at all could care less. This proves we are still not deep enough. Next time Mik botch this 90 minutes

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
We should be aiming to win both competitions. If we got through today it’s only 2 more ties and a final. And believe me, Utd fans have bragged a lot about that Europa league. When teams are announced in European draws their European achievements get used, both Champions league and Europa league.. We have none.
Yeah but when united fans brag about winning the Europa league every other fan laughs in their face.

It’s a loser cup for teams who finish 6th in their league or win a ****ty cup.

Loser mentality cup.

Guarantee no one here will even remember this game in two weeks.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
CL next year gonna be rough

Hope being knocked out of this competition does us better than the last time we got knocked out of a cup competition where AM experts told me it would be a good thing

Some depth acquisitions in summer with champions league draw will make a difference. I don’t see us winning it next year, but I could see us making semifinals and setting us up to do better in the next year. It’s a 5 phase plan. Trust the process.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Accepting defeat is a loser’s mentality. We have to have a win at all costs mentality, in every competition. The Europa league is a huge competition, especially for us as we have no European pedigree. Even our invincibles were bottlers in Europe. I was very young but I remember watching the Copenhagen penalty shootout of the UEFA cup in 2000 and crying.
Normally you'd be right, but top of the league with 11 games to go, on pace to reach or potentially even surpass the best points total this club has ever had in the top flight, particularly after so long since being anything like this good, means we were always going to be less invested in this match.

Even the 03/04 team probably wouldn't have gone unbeaten if they had progressed in the ECL.

The Europa League is a tournament you go all in for when you can't win the domestic league. There's a reason why the teams who win it are never the ones challenging for their respective titles.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Utd fans have also bragged about Casemiro, Bruno Fernandes and Mason Greenwood. Is that really the standard we're looking to emulate my friend? You know why Utd fans are bragging about the EL now? Because they've been pathetic and miserable since Fergie left and they have nothing else to celebrate. What I don't want is us lowering our standards to that level. By all means, next year in the CL we should be looking to win it. This little brother competition is not something we need to treat as of equal importance to winning the Premier League. It simply isn't.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I love this young team and manager, but people are acting like this is our 2001-2005 team that won 2 Prems and 3 cups and didn't need some silverware.

We haven't won anything for 3 three years, these players shouldn't be turning their noses up at the Europa League.

And if they have and that's why we went out tonight, then that's even worse than getting outplayed and losing ffs!
Spot on!!!

It's alright for half the fans on here who support teams that win the NBA or Super Bowl or the San Maguire or cheer on their countrymen/women in the Crossfit games or whatever. However some of us only have Arsenal. I certainly would love to be able to sit with a pint on the 31st of May and watch the final.

Morning_woody

Accepting defeat is a loser’s mentality. We have to have a win at all costs mentality, in every competition. The Europa league is a huge competition, especially for us as we have no European pedigree. Even our invincibles were bottlers in Europe. I was very young but I remember watching the Copenhagen penalty shootout of the UEFA cup in 2000 and crying.

What did Sevilla FC get out of winning this shyte tournament 5 times ? They are currently 3 points away from relegation.
Liverpool had that "win it all mentality" ,and ended up winning FA and Carabao Cup but losing the CL final and losing the league by 1 point to City in the same season. What do you think Liverpool fans remember most ? I bet that they remember that season for losing the CL final and missing the Premier League by 1 point.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
A GK's best attribute is consistency. If you look up inconsistent definition on google, first thing you will see is Ramsdale's face.
I don't think he's done bad for us in general but it isn't at the required level at all. And not saying this because of what happened today ...

I don't care we're out of EL, just pissed it took 120 minutes. That being said, if we play like this in the CL next season and show the world we are still the same late Wenger's Arsenal, I may change my views on Arteta.
He's really not that inconsistent. Its more that his errors tend to be VERY noticeable.

Tonight isn't on him - the execution on that goal was extraordinary. To hit a backspinning shot that goes in an inch under the bar from 45 yards out, at match speed and without taking a look is incredibly hard. Sadly the only one i've seen better was Nayim.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The only positive thing that we have extra days rests for Liverpool and man city games and with ten hag try to curse us about having fit squad we likely get injures lol.

Im just disappointed we just dont seem to do it when we rotate and have too many injury prone players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom