• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We never played at our level we are used to and that caused us big time. anyway not to bothered by it if we just win the title now.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Couldn’t care much less about no Europa League trophy. Silverware is great, but at the end of the day it’s a consolation prize. Almost thankful we have less distractions in the title charge, it’s a nice silver lining.

LittleMo

Couldn’t care much less about no Europa League trophy. Silverware is great, but at the end of the day it’s a consolation prize. Almost thankful we have less distractions in the title charge, it’s a nice silver lining.

I don’t really get this attitude though, Sp**s had it as well in that Europa Conference league. The idea that we are too good for this competition when the only thing we’ve won in years is an FA Cup and Charity Shield.

We should be trying to win this and we should expect the players to care about playing in it (though I think they probably do).

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Tin pot competition, would be useful to go far innit so the impact players could feel some worth. The curtain is down on Fabios, Tomi, ESR season im afraid, they shan’t probably see a single start rest of season

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
After a good night's sleep, I can say it's fine. Arteta didn't really go for it so why should we care?

It's probably a good investment of resources if we didn't secure the top 4 and this is our only way to get back into the CL, but we know that's not the case.

Still, some squad players have question marks over their Arsenal careers because they should've handled Sporting much better, it was a good test for them which they've failed

baccy_man

Established Member
It would have been good to win this as it would have brought some more finances in for the club to use on transfers but on the flipside the players are going to have less games to play on the run in to the league title.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Btw Sporting were excellent that second half. Gave our players no time on the ball, a lot of times pretty direct but kept winning 2nd balls and were a threat with Trincao and Edwards. For all that's said about playing real deep being the best way to play against us, Sporting pressed like animals and our midfield was so disjointed as a result. Obviously Ødegaard's influence was sorely missed and we saw the change when he came on. I also felt during the 2nd half Zinchenko's side was a massive weakness, when we aren't dominating his limitations defensively got exposed a bit more.

Also something I gotta say, Holding is actually very poor at heading, he can win headers but all the time they seemed to drop to Sporting men, maybe it's also because our midfield was poor at winning 2nd balls and a bit all over the place but it seemed a massive difference from when Saliba was there in that regard.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Do you actually support Arsenal?

Tell me this. What do you remember more. The FA Cup final win over Hull? Or finishing in the top 4?

What do you remember most? Beating Chelsea numerous times in the FA Cup final but finishing 3rd or 4th? Those Aubameyang goals? Holding dominating Costa? Or just sealing top 4?

The thing with winning trophies, esepcially cups, is you get to celebrate the event. You get to go to a final. If you aren't fortunate enough, you get to go with friends and likeminded fans to a bar or someones house. You iron your favourite top. You buy your favourite beer. You stick a tenner on your favourite player to score first.

There is nothing that replaces Cup finals and winning trophies.
Key differences in those cup finals (including those I was at Wembley for) we were miles off winning the league and had little else to compete for. When you are competing for the title you don't put your emotional focus into the EL (or indeed domestic cups) unless you have a mature and deep squad capable of handling both. If we were 6th or 3rd, we'd have started our strongest 11 in both legs and progressed.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Key differences in those cup finals (including those I was at Wembley for) we were miles off winning the league and had little else to compete for. When you are competing for the title you don't put your emotional focus into the EL (or indeed domestic cups) unless you have a mature and deep squad capable of handling both. If we were 6th or 3rd, we'd have started our strongest 11 in both legs and progressed.
My point wasn't that. I was replying to someone saying Liverpool will remember finishing 2nd ahead of winning trophies.

I get all the reasoning about the EL. It does give us a slightly better chance in the league. But it also means all our eggs are in 1 basket.

I just expect the team we put out last night to beat Sporting. Meaning we could still have rested players and went through. And maybe a favourable draw in the next round, the same.

Let's hope we win the league and all will be forgotten which it well and truly will.

Either way we need to be ruthless again with this squad and cut the likes of Holding, maybe Tomi, and buy 4 or 5 top quality players.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Btw Sporting were excellent that second half. Gave our players no time on the ball, a lot of times pretty direct but kept winning 2nd balls and were a threat with Trincao and Edwards. For all that's said about playing real deep being the best way to play against us, Sporting pressed like animals and our midfield was so disjointed as a result. Obviously Ødegaard's influence was sorely missed and we saw the change when he came on. I also felt during the 2nd half Zinchenko's side was a massive weakness, when we aren't dominating his limitations defensively got exposed a bit more.

Also something I gotta say, Holding is actually very poor at heading, he can win headers but all the time they seemed to drop to Sporting men, maybe it's also because our midfield was poor at winning 2nd balls and a bit all over the place but it seemed a massive difference from when Saliba was there in that regard.

Well said, not enough is being said about the great work Amorim did on the night. They are not on our first team's level, but as soon as we dropped to our "impact players", they were able to position themselves well and press us smartly, which really disrupted our flow.

That's all on Sporting and Amorim, excellent stuff. They will go far in the competition, and I hope they do.

Its also a wake up call for our rotation or impact subs. We simply cannot control games at our level when we drop key players like Saka, Ødegaard, TP5, Saliba, Zinchenko rotation/competition. We need to get those positions strengthened over the summer, in addition to quality additions upfront.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Well said, not enough is being said about the great work Amorim did on the night. They are not on our first team's level, but as soon as we dropped to our "impact players", they were able to position themselves well and press us smartly, which really disrupted our flow.

That's all on Sporting and Amorim, excellent stuff. They will go far in the competition, and I hope they do.

Its also a wake up call for our rotation or impact subs. We simply cannot control games at our level when we drop key players like Saka, Ødegaard, TP5, Saliba, Zinchenko rotation/competition. We need to get those positions strengthened over the summer, in addition to quality additions upfront.
Amorim has built up a good reputation. Think he will do a very good job if he ends up managing a Premier League club

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Remember United got absolutely battered home and away by Bilbao that season? It was that day i knew Fergie was only regarded as the GOAT within the PL bubble. Bielsa absolutely embarrassed him.

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Amorim has built up a good reputation. Think he will do a very good job if he ends up managing a Premier League club

He'd be a good fit for Sp**s and how they want to set up I think.

Defensive based, but able to also push up and hold the ball in advanced areas, as we do.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just got the league left. Let’s hope we don’t bottle this one. The way we’re playing we deserve a trophy this season and it’s a worthy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom