• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 69 50.4%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.1%

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can't coach someone to be faster or stronger, and I agree even technique is somewhat static. But you certainly can coach up a player's tactical understanding, awareness, movement, decision-making etc; in other words, how effectively they use their natural ability. Its easy to forget how much coaching and training is involved behind the scenes.
Yeah agree.

E.g. Walcott and Wenger. Pep/Mikel and Sane/Sterling. I want to wait a bit longer though before I can say Mikel is extracting the maximum out of his attackers. Jesus/Saka/Ødegaard (even Trossard) are absolute manager’s dreams in terms of natural ability, decision making and workrate.

What Mikel is doing with (imo a fairly limited player in) Martinelli would be the kind of evidence I’m looking for so we’ll see with time how that goes. As you know I’m not a fan of how he did in the past with Auba/Laca/Pepe who were admittedly flawed but not as bad as we made them look imo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Martinelli your favourite player?

Animated GIF

Hasn't developed at all under Arteta though.
From THREE YEARS AGO? Couldn’t find anything new could you?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah agree.

E.g. Walcott and Wenger. Pep/Mikel and Sane/Sterling. I want to wait a bit longer though before I can say Mikel is extracting the maximum out of his attackers. Jesus/Saka/Ødegaard (even Trossard) are absolute manager’s dreams in terms of natural ability, decision making and workrate.

What Mikel is doing with (imo a fairly limited player in) Martinelli would be the kind of evidence I’m looking for so we’ll see with time how that goes. As you know I’m not a fan of how he did in the past with Auba/Laca/Pepe who were admittedly flawed but not as bad as we made them look imo.
Also worth mentioning that Arteta is the one who made Zinchenko into a LB. Nobody on earth plays the position quite like he does atm so that's another big plus in his column as a developer of talent IMO.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He hasn’t developed at all under Mikel so why does it matter if it was three years ago?
I said previously he’s developed as a regular scorer, but as a player I don’t think he’s developed that much, still relies heavily on his physicality. Would say he’s probably declined as a dribbler etc.

Guy is always running into dead ends with his head down.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I said previously he’s developed as a regular scorer, but as a player I don’t think he’s developed that much, still relies heavily on his physicality. Would say he’s probably declined as a dribbler etc.

Guy is always running into dead ends with his head down.

Yeah I always feel like he could do more on the ball. Especially cutting in. On the flipside thats exactly where Saka is a lot better and more consistent than Gabi. So good at giving himself that yard and keeps his head up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’re really reaching here. That’s a player saying nice things about a coach when asked about him.

Nobody is saying Arteta doesn’t help players, he clearly does, we’ve seen it. I’m just saying he’s not winger magician that some make him out to be because that hasn’t been seen, maybe outside Saka.

Like I said, Sterling was close to winning the league at 17 because of his goals/assists/play, he was a phenomenal player on a massive trajectory.

Martinelli I don’t think has improved much as a footballer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also worth mentioning that Arteta is the one who made Zinchenko into a LB. Nobody on earth plays the position quite like he does atm so that's another big plus in his column as a developer of talent IMO.
Ngl that’s the kind of **** Pep has been pulling. Did it with Lahm first so I’m not really gonna give him that one :lol:

Can’t have this narrative that Pep did nothing and Arteta did every innovative thing at City while they were both there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What by going slightly backwards away from goal?

Don’t think he did that for today’s goal but yeah noticed he’s been doing it a few times.

Yeah, Robben vs Fiorentina is the best example. If he masters that style, he’ll become lethal even when teams try to stifle him.

The way he opened his body up for today’s goal was top class, not really similar to those Robben goals but this one was:

I’ve noticed him trying it on a few occasions this season. Probably something they’ve worked on.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I’m with you on this.

Think the manager can have a bit of an effect (e.g. tactics) but ultimately it’s about giving them opportunities.

Sane for example greatly benefited from City’s set up that gave him loads of transition and 1v1 opportunities. He’s not really impressed since leaving city.

Manager can improve your performances/output but not sure he can make you into a player you’re not. Otherwise why aren’t Martinelli and Saka developing equally under him?
I mean Martinelli had an injury that kept him out for almost a year. Saka has been very durable and barely misses game time. That's very crucial at this stage of their careers. Plus they are just different players. Martinelli has always been instinctive and explosive, Saka has always been more measured in his style, playing at his own pace, taking what the defense gives him and not forcing the issue.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom