• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Nah I don’t really back that tbh. Wasn’t Lahm *moved* to CM, like Kimmich has? Unless there was a period where he was playing him inverted? Regardless it was not to this extent and to this effect on the team.

The closest comparison to the way we play him was Cancelo but IMO Zinchenko has taken it to the complete next level, like a Mk2 application of it.

Cancelo was an extremely technical wingback coming infield, he would strut some amazing stuff but mostly winger/wingback qualities. While Zinchenko is playing like an actual world class CM from LB.

The way I see it the inverted fullback role was started by Pep (with Arteta as his no.2) and then taken to the next level by Arteta this season.
Lahm wasn't immediately moved to CM, Guardiola came to Bayern and started gushing over his game intelligence because he saw he was playing either full back position naturally. He started designing the team in a way to put more emphasis on Lahm's distribution from RB, only a year or so later did he actually play him at CM.

Don't like the term "inverted full back" because it's not a new position, it's just about having a full back who's great on the ball and smart distributing it. If you wanted to pick a "first" it'd have to be Lahm, possibly even Abidal although he was more a DM to balance out Alves.

If you wanted to compare Zinchenko to any full back it would be Alaba anyway, both are natural central midfielders who adapted to the full back position because the teams they play for have other options at CM. Florenzi before his torn ACLs is another example of midfielder finding success after moving to FB.

Tom Mix

Why not run the poll again? I would change my vote on the basis that Saka, who was already a tremendous player (especially considering his age), has stepped up further this campaign. He is now one of the best players in the league and, by extension, the world. He is delivering on what he promised.

This is my simplistic measure - I wouldn't change him for any other player in the league. Or in the world for that matter.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Why not run the poll again? I would change my vote on the basis that Saka, who was already a tremendous player (especially considering his age), has stepped up further this campaign. He is now one of the best players in the league and, by extension, the world. He is delivering on what he promised.

This is my simplistic measure - I wouldn't change him for any other player in the league. Or in the world for that matter.
Don’t understand the fuss about the poll. At the time “needs improvement” was spot on. Since then he’s improved. Shedloads. It’s not that deep…

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I can’t think a right winger in the world I would say yeah he is better than saka tbh

Think we as Arsenal fans can say he's world-class, but he'll just need to do it in the CL to really confirm it with everyone, like he's done at International level.

People didn't believe when I said The Saka would be in this City team as a clear 1st choice if he broke on the scene there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Think we as Arsenal fans can say he's world-class, but he'll just need to do it in the CL to really confirm it with everyone, like he's done at International level.

People didn't believe when I said The Saka would be in this City team as a clear 1st choice if he broke on the scene there.
The scary thing is I don’t think he would have broken through if he was at city youth team with pep. I mean they sold Lavia and bought Phillips. I don’t think Arteta would have given 17 year old saka minutes like Emery did. We owe Emery for making saka and Martinelli first team players

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The scary thing is I don’t think he would have broken through if he was at city youth team with pep. I mean they sold Lavia and bought Phillips. I don’t think Arteta would have given 17 year old saka minutes like Emery did. We owe Emery for making saka and Martinelli first team players

That's true actually. What I meant was, if Saka got the same exposure and chances at City I think the world football would have Saka down as world-class and rightfully, I also think he is a cornerstone of this City team.

Bucephalus

The scary thing is I'm not sure he would have broken through at Arsenal if we didn't have an injury crisis at left wing back (left wing back! not his natural position, and we don't even play that position any more) at just the right time. But he got on the pitch even out of position, and has seized every chance since. Damn we got lucky!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Certainly world class form.

Next season is the one he can cement that. If he goes up another level it's going to be even scarier.

I think a lot of people are waiting for him to do this in the CL (which I have no doubt he will) before saying he's WC. He puts these numbers / performances up again in the PL / CL next season and there'll be no questions left.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The scary thing is I'm not sure he would have broken through at Arsenal if we didn't have an injury crisis at left wing back (left wing back! not his natural position, and we don't even play that position any more) at just the right time. But he got on the pitch even out of position, and has seized every chance since. Damn we got lucky!
But in fairness a lot of stars got their chance through injury crisis. Like Rashford and even Buffon many years ago. Certain managers don’t give teens even with injury crisis. That’s why Emery deserve credit

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom