• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

gamechannel

Look, I think Arteta deserves another season but if he can't improve upon this season and win either the PL or CL, he needs to be fired. We got rid of Wenger cuz we got tired of top 4 trophies. And the mandate for the new manager was to change that. Arteta has had enough time at the club, he has built his own squad, reset the Wenger culture, gotten rid of Wenger and Emery players and has been given great financial backing. He needs to start winning going forward. The process is over and it's time to start delivering. If he can't do that next season, adios.

IrishGooner93

I think expecting to win CL next year or league and if not firing him is a bit OTT. I have doubts on him but I think with city around in the league and also it being the first and only CL this arsenal have been in, winning either is a stretch.
Progress next season the league, higher points , better defence and not collapsing at the end would be significant progress and put us very close to winning it.
As for Europe, need a good run into the Ko's. Getting out the group is a minimum but would be good progress. Europe takes a while for players and managers to grasp especially a young team like this. And CL is a big step up from europa.

LittleMo

I think next season for me rather than a points or place target, which can move as all the teams around us change and strengthen as well, what we need to see progress in his learning.

I would want to see him rotate the team a bit better, and try and work with all the player, not freezing anyone out because they aren’t what he wants at that very minute. He needs to not stick rigidly to a system once it stops working, have a plan B for the potential loss of any of the first team players and to not collapse at the end of the season.

If he doesn’t look like he is learning, then I’d be looking at other managers the season after.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I think next season for me rather than a points or place target, which can move as all the teams around us change and strengthen as well, what we need to see progress in his learning.

I would want to see him rotate the team a bit better, and try and work with all the player, not freezing anyone out because they aren’t what he wants at that very minute. He needs to not stick rigidly to a system once it stops working, have a plan B for the potential loss of any of the first team players and to not collapse at the end of the season.

If he doesn’t look like he is learning, then I’d be looking at other managers the season after.

This.
To fire every manager that doesnt win the CL or EPL is a stupid mentality. People forget the reorganization it takes after bringing in a manager. That puts us back at square one. As long as we compete and improve, I’m here for it.

I’m not an Arteta fan. I appreciate what he’s done for our club. There’s a difference.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I can get behind this with the caveat that IMO he has to show he can take points off of City next season. It would be unacceptable to hand them another 6 points if we're serious about challenging for titles. I don't even mind a pair of draws but I cannot watch Pep eat his lunch twice again next season and still feel like he's definitely the man for the job. I need him to cut this reverence for Pep out and manage against him like he does others which means exploiting the weaknesses and behaving like you know you can beat him. As much as is made of our players not believing they could beat City, I didn't get the sense he felt he could outmanage Pep either and that is not ok. Personal feelings have to go out the window and he needs to find a tactic that gets us a result or 2 against them. I also expect that we at least make the quarterfinals in the CL. All this time spent out of the marquee tournament, I want us to make a proper account of ourselves there and show that we belong and didn't just turn up to hear the anthem.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Let's be real. There are a vocal minority of Arsenal fans on Twitter etc that loathe Arteta for the type of personality he is, how he cast out underperforming fan favourites and for getting financial backing from the club that later years Wenger and Emery never did.

There are genuine criticisms of Arteta that hold water, his tactics and management style all can and need to be improved in certain areas, no-one can deny that but it should also be crystal clear that he's one of the most promising young managers in the game currently.

The last month or so has been crap and I'm not happy with the situation and that includes Arteta as one of my primary concerns but the really over the top knee jerk stuff against him is so silly.

If Arteta takes the sole blame for the last month or so, okay, then surely he deserves the sole credit for the previous 30 odd PL games this season. I don't agree with that logic but if it's being used to paint him in a bad light now it should equally be used for the good he's done.

This isn't me white knighting for Arteta or trying to say he shouldn't be criticised, he should be for various errors he's made. For example no-one will be more critical of how he used Partey last night than me, it was atrocious but I'm going to view it in context of the whole season.

Yeah...pretty much this.

I find it hard to be critical of a manager that bagged us 2nd in the league, playing the style of football we did, with the dominance we were displaying during most of the performances this season.

He isn't perfect; I still pull my hair out with stuff like ESR being vanished from the squad or how he can seemingly go completely cold on a player with no rationale (Tierney).

Yes it fkin annoys me lol. And I will complain about it, idgaf; if he does something I find annoying I'll just say it, that's the way it's always been for me.

But overall Arteta is doing fantastic all factors considered. This is only his 4th year into the job and I think a lot of stuff like squad management should hopefully come with more experience.

I'm genuinely optimistic going into next season, despite our collapse (because it was a collapse), and whilst his purchases are....quite specific it's sort of come together.

Don't sign Mount tho. Keep ESR and play him.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

The best team in the history of this league? Thats debatable. Man United 98/99, Arsenal 03/04, Chelsea 04/05, Man United 07/08 or Liverool 19/20 may have some objections. Anyway: Im so sick this losers excuses. We didnt bottle the title because of City, we bottled it because of our own weaknesses and that includes the manager.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Calling City the best ever in this league while Arsenal manager is arguably worse than when Conte stepped in front of the camera to call his employers players and club staff a gang of weak b*tches

At least Conte was right ffs

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Next year we should be competing on multiple fronts in April and May.

We’ve had to go all in one competition each year since he took over and if he’s getting the big money we can’t do that anymore.

I’d like us to be in the mix for two out of the title, FA Cup and Champions League even if we don’t get over the line in all of them.

CL is heavily influenced by luck but I’ll be so gutted if we’re bounced in the last 16 by a RB Leipzig or Lens.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Next year we should be competing on multiple fronts in April and May.

We’ve had to go all in one competition each year since he took over and if he’s getting the big money we can’t do that anymore.

I’d like us to be in the mix for two out of the title, FA Cup and Champions League even if we don’t get over the line in all of them.

CL is heavily influenced by luck but I’ll be so gutted if we’re bounced in the last 16 by a RB Leipzig or Lens.
Leipzig are bottlers but current form they'd **** us up ngl.

Don't think us being in the mix on several fronts is on the cards unless Kroenke pulls a hot Boehly summer. Need 7-9 starter quality level signings to find out if Arteta knows how to rotate.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Leipzig are bottlers but current form they'd **** us up ngl.

Don't think us being in the mix on several fronts is on the cards unless Kroenke pulls a hot Boehly summer. Need 7-9 starter quality level signings to find out if Arteta knows how to rotate.

If both Partey and Xhaka go and even if we sign Rice and Caicedo that’s a step back in terms of experience.

Saliba stuff is even more worrying because if he goes you’re looking at scrapping for top 4 again.

This summer should be about adding not replacing. You didn’t see Liverpool letting experiences guys like Henderson go as soon as they started contending.

Keep one of Partey and Xhaka, sign Caicedo and a proper number 9 who can score goals aka Osimhen and then fill in the rest of the gaps with some low cost guys like say Lavia and Foyth.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

No other club would recruit a bottler and weirdo like Teta. He is definitely not "one of the most promising young managers in the game". He is not better than someone like Pochettino who has been described as a bottler and loser here over and over again. Only the Tetasexuals genuinly believe that this fvcking loser is something special.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Only the Tetasexuals genuinly believe that this fvcking loser is something special.
What's your theory on why they believe that?

DrWdPVmWsAAWm3B.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom