• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is this not just the club trying to extract some value next year? Even if we double his wages can likely make a return.

He hasn’t made a league start this year, find it hard to believe Arteta wants to use him.

Is this not just the club trying to extract some value next year? Even if we double his wages can likely make a return.

He hasn’t made a league start this year, find it hard to believe Arteta wants to use him.
Now that Xhaka is leaving, and us having to bring in a fresh face to cover that position, is probably a good opportunity for him to slide into the starting eleven next season infront of them. Atleast if we bring in a new DM who can cover the two offensive midfielders better than the current stock.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I hope for his sake that his agent negotiated some type of minimum play time clause because the way he was used this season was borderline criminal. Arteta has to manage the rotation much better.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I hope for his sake that his agent negotiated some type of minimum play time clause because the way he was used this season was borderline criminal. Arteta has to manage the rotation much better.
You earn time. You don't get given it. How could an agent ask for guarantees in minutes when he can't guarantee his client will perform?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

You earn time. You don't get given it. How could an agent ask for guarantees in minutes when he can't guarantee his client will perform?
Just play the film of Reiss securing 3 points late in games that contributed to our run. Claiming that he hasn't earned playing time tells me you haven't watched a single game this season. I'll send you money so you can buy the DVD.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Just play the film of Reiss securing 3 points late in games that contributed to our run. Claiming that he hasn't earned playing time tells me you haven't watched a single game this season. I'll send you money so you can buy the DVD.
There's more to earning your place than scoring a goal against Bournemouth.

There's what happens in training on a daily basis.

I've been to Arsenal this season. Have you?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

There's more to earning your place than scoring a goal against Bournemouth.

There's what happens in training on a daily basis.

I've been to Arsenal this season. Have you?

Arteta called him a special talent based on his training but rarely selects him to start. What were you watching when you went to games?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The club would never accept such a clause.
No club in world football says we will guarantee you minute. It's competitive sport @grange must not know what that is.

Maybe in the NBA they insert clauses in multimillion dollar contracts where even if you turn up to training drunk you still get to play on a Saturday.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

No club in world football says we will guarantee you minute. It's competitive sport @grange must not know what that is.

Maybe in the NBA they insert clauses in multimillion dollar contracts where even if you turn up to training drunk you still get to play on a Saturday.
It was a comment made in jest about his lack of playing time. Just like your NBA comment was made in jest for a sport where they can play 3 to 4 games a week. Plenty of contracts have incentives for certain milestones/goals to pay out when reached.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It was a comment made in jest about his lack of playing time. Just like your NBA comment was made in jest for a sport where they can play 3 to 4 games a week. Plenty of contracts have incentives for certain milestones/goals to pay out when reached.
There's no contract in competitive sport that is signing saying "my client is signing this based on guaranteed playing time".

Why? Because no one can guarantee performances and what the team is doing at a given time. Nor the manager that will be that team.

Maybe you'd be better stopping with the jest and sticking to the reality.

Anyway....what game did you get to this year?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I hope your life gets better someday soon.
If that's directed at me quote me.

What you have said is ridiculous. If you don't see that then that's on you. So many people say stupid things and when they get called out and realise they are indeed wrong, start with the insults or smart comments.

Competitive sport = no guarantees.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There's no way anyone thinks that Arteta will give promises on game-time to pretty much anyone. That's not how it works.

Naturally we have seen that for example he played Willian a lot even when not performing, because with bigger wages you want it more to work and benching him too soon can make him sulk easier as a very experienced player who was just acquired. And the player has the pedigree and normal level to start performing.

But there are no promises like that, or clauses. Even Willian got dropped. You compete, and just need to negotiate a salary you're happy to compete with at Arsenal if you're Nelson for example.

Arsenal likely pays somewhat more than smaller clubs and he gets to stay in London and the club he loves. Maybe he is a bigger Arsenal fan than any of us, and that's part of why he wants to stay? Can we blame him?

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I’m not going to take somebody who claims Reiss hasn’t earned more minutes seriously. Bottom line.
And I'm not going to take anyone who says agents should demand "guaranteed playing time".

Football isn't like that. Maybe in the US "soccer" works differently.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There's no way anyone thinks that Arteta will give promises on game-time to pretty much anyone. That's not how it works.

Naturally we have seen that for example he played Willian a lot even when not performing, because with bigger wages you want it more to work and benching him too soon can make him sulk easier as a very experienced player who was just acquired. And the player has the pedigree and normal level to start performing.

But there are no promises like that, or clauses. Even Willian got dropped. You compete, and just need to negotiate a salary you're happy to compete with at Arsenal if you're Nelson for example.

Arsenal likely pays somewhat more than smaller clubs and he gets to stay in London and the club he loves. Maybe he is a bigger Arsenal fan than any of us, and that's part of why he wants to stay? Can we blame him?
Exactly this!

I personally think Nelson just loves the club so much he is happy being a bit part squad player. He's Arsenal through and through and for some, just waking up every day and seeing your name on the Arsenal website and squad is more than being a bigger piece of the puzzle at Brighton.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Keep guessing sports and you may hit on one 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not guessing anything pal.

As the other poster above has said there are no guarantees in football.

I'll let you have the last word as that's clearly why you are replying without actually replying.

Competition means earning your place. Competition means turning up every single day and proving you are better in training than the next man. Fail to do that then fail to get minutes.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom