• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You simply don't drop saka and Martinelli who had amazing season so esr and Nelson dont feel bad. But last 3 games he should have started
It’s not about them feeling bad.

It’s important to keep squad players sharp. There was a World Cup in the middle of the season so fatigue was bound to creep in at the business end of the season, especially since our players have never been in this position.

De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden etc have been routinely benched by Guardiola and yes he has better players but he was also starting players like Rico Lewis in big games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s not about them feeling bad.

It’s important to keep squad players sharp. There was a World Cup in the middle of the season so fatigue was bound to creep in at the business end of the season, especially since our players have never been in this position.

De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden etc have been routinely benched by Guardiola and yes he has better players but he was also starting players like Rico Lewis in big games.
You might be right but huge of quality drop massively we simply can't afford of doing it

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You might be right but huge of quality drop massively we simply can't afford of doing it
Yet Nelson has been one of our most effective squad players this season despite a significant lack of minutes so the drop off is not that huge! That said, it does tell us why Nelson needs to leave.

He does need to work out his fitness issues, that's a problem that leaving Arsenal won't fix.

Sparrahork

If he does sign it, I hope he got some written guarantees over more playing time...
If he signs it will be because he trusts his ability, has a love of the club and aspires to play for one of the big boys in England.

I like the love being shown for Reiss here - rare to see people admiring him but putting his career ahead of the club itself with their posts.

If he does sign he will be on a good wage and will know what the expectations are, I am sure he will have discussed likely opportunities and positions where he is likely to play. He will do well from the ongoing negotiations, we will do better than if we were to let him go and then sign a potentially inferior replacement for £50m when we don't have the funds to do that and make key signings elsewhere.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I'm happy that Reiss will continue at the club because he's a wonderful player who bleeds red and white but I will be disappointed if he's not given the opportunities he deserves because he would get them elsewhere. Arteta needs to play him more because his contributions merit it.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Meh, this is once again an example of a player whose value rises when he is not playing, and it usually leads to his value tanking when he is needed to play. We already saw it with Nketiah and just last week Chelsea fans were crying for Mudryk to be played more. Nelson has been playing better this season compared to previous ones, but I am afraid there are good reasons why Arteta would rather run Saka to the ground than to give Nelson more minutes.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Have to question his mentality at this point. Guys stock is probably at its highest, and he decides to stay so he can get 5 minutes every now and again.

He should have just looked at what happened with Nketiah, been smart, and moved on. Arteta just wants to win, he doesn't care about Hale End, or developing youth.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Imagine if Nelson was a mental late bloomer and he just starts fulfilling his talent

Would be a free player. His attributes are elite except mental.
I can see him develop into a very effective interior midfield player. With more trust and persistence, he can definitely still fulfil his potential here.

What a lot of people don't realise is we will need to use far more of our squad next season than at any point since we were last in the CL.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

You have to hope it hasn’t just been him playing for a new deal.

Needs to keep the same mentality going forward, taking responsibility when he’s on the pitch.
Yeah my threshold to cut him and sell is very low. He either turns up mentally and acts like an adult footballer immediately and co tinually or he shrinks and stays lacking in confidence

If it's the latter he should be sold quickly

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah guy is not serious. I will have zero sympathy for him when he rots on the bench next season

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hmm, Nketiah, Nelson, giving ESR the 10 shirt, slight vibe that we’re over rewarding academy graduates who probably aren’t good enough for a top top club

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom