• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Let's play Aubamawang

I'd be shocked if he stays. Happy but also bemused because he's proven this season he's ready to start way more games and hasn't been given the chances due to lack of rotation.
Tbh I think we would have beaten Brighton today if he started. Saka looks absolutely exhausted, so why risk him now the title is gone? Let the lad have an early summer and give Nelson some minutes.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Dont think he will bro, he is just too good to be sitting on the bench. Especially with how Arteta doesnt rotate, and seemingly wont change that position.

I'd love him to stay but I think it would be unfair on him.
Yeah. It's a shame for me because this season has proved - at least to me - that he does genuinely have the ability to start for us and be dangerous. Not just a body to throw on when we need to win and we're desperate. I still think there's a very high quality player there and it's going to hurt to lose him. But, like with Willock, it's better for him if he does leave so that he'll play.

I just hope we don't repeat those mistakes with newer players.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tbh I think we would have beaten Brighton today if he started. Saka looks absolutely exhausted, so why risk him now the title is gone? Let the lad have an early summer and give Nelson some minutes.
Nah, we wouldn't have. Brighton weren't great in that first half at all but the way we were slow passing the ball, we weren't doing enough to get the victory. Besides, Saka was half decent for most of the game in comparison to others but he petered out with the rest of the team bar Reiss.

Let's play Aubamawang

Nah, we wouldn't have. Brighton weren't great in that first half at all but the way we were slow passing the ball, we weren't doing enough to get the victory. Besides, Saka was half decent for most of the game in comparison to others but he petered out with the rest of the team bar Reiss.
His urgency may have helped us score in that first half, making it a different ball game. It is a shame to give up on the title in such a way, but it was really lost with all those draws. Ffs we drew twice against Southampton...I'm sure they scored nearly half their league goals against us. I wonder what impact Nelson could have made in that 3-3 draw if he started.

Tom349

Pay him what he wants, will hurt too much to see him leave for nothing and dominate next season at a team like Brighton.

Looks ready to explode and definitely has a place in the team going forward. Should play the final two games and I think much like Nketiah can be convinced to stay. He also started our two quarter final Europa league games so I don't buy the narrative of Arteta not trusting him, simply hasn't had the game time available for him since we exited that competition and with Martinelli and Trossard both in good form not easy route to minutes with a lack of games available.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We have more to do to improve the squad than we may realise and can afford to. For this reason, I'd like to keep him with a promise of both domestic cups and CL starts. Then we pick according to opposition profile. Unrealistic but a player from our academy going for nothing at this stage in his development is poor by us

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Apparently he's rejected the latest offer and will be leaving next month . Were Brighton interested in him by the way ?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Apparently he's rejected the latest offer and will be leaving next month . Were Brighton interested in him by the way ?
Them along with West Ham, AC Milan and Newcastle IIRC. A Newcastle move would be........interesting considering the backing they'll have but unlikely. I think he has enough to prove himself in the prem. I'd love a Palace move but Brighton might be the more attractive move because of their upward trajectory. Big competition with Mitoma in there. In all honest, any team where he starts regularly and is able to come central when in possession he'll shine there.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
There is the potential for him to play in a more central attacking role if Mac Allister leaves.

Think he can play that role yes, in fact he can play 7/11/8 and 10, he is a genuine two footed player and has become stronger as well. He is twice the player he was now, and that's down to him keeping his head down and working hard.

Arteta mismanaged him and we will lose him now as a result.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Them along with West Ham, AC Milan and Newcastle IIRC. A Newcastle move would be........interesting considering the backing they'll have but unlikely. I think he has enough to prove himself in the prem. I'd love a Palace move but Brighton might be the more attractive move because of their upward trajectory. Big competition with Mitoma in there. In all honest, any team where he starts regularly and is able to come central when in possession he'll shine there.

Out of all those I prefer he goes to Brighton . They're good at developing what they have and if they are interested in him means they see upside in him ...maybe even behind the striker ? Whatever it is I trust them more than others to get the best out of him .

Bloodbather

Established Member

At this point I've conceded that he'll move on. Would've liked to see him stick around and make it as he looks like a late bloomer, but I can't blame him with how little Arteta played him down the stretch despite him looking so lively every time he's come on and Saka clearly being gassed.

bastun

Player:Saka
Reiss has changed my opinion. I thought he was dusted for good. But if we want to compete with City and the rest ,we have to move him on and the likes of Rob Holding , Lokongas , Tavarez etc.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Think he can play that role yes, in fact he can play 7/11/8 and 10, he is a genuine two footed player and has become stronger as well. He is twice the player he was now, and that's down to him keeping his head down and working hard.

Arteta mismanaged him and we will lose him now as a result.
Don't think he was mismanaged. Until this season he's been timid and weak since his Germany loan went tits up. And when he would have got more games this season, he was injured.

Should he have got more time this season post world cup? Yes. But when you consider that until very recently our wingers and number 10 were all putting up goals or assists in every single game, in a title race, where were starts going to come.

Its **** that his contract is expiring now he's finally showing his junior talent at senior level, but had he been as assertive any time in the 3 seasons prior, he'd be renewed and a more important part of the squad. No-one's fault.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom