• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Got to agree with @Rasmi here. I’m a massive fan of Reiss and I hope he does well but he’d be better off leaving for his own development as he won’t be starting any games here. Arteta would prefer to run Saka and Martinelli into the ground.

Have been really impressed with his cameos off the bench this season and I think he would be an excellent addition to another PL team imo.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Even when we are on our knees and have nothing to lose we still don’t play or start this guy.

I don’t see the point in him re-signing really but what do I know.

Not like we need HG players as far as I know. Other than staying at Arsenal, what's in it for him?

Trossard is already the other left winger after Martinelli. He's not as good as a right winger and rumours are we are looking to buy another wide forward as things stand.

Lad needs continuity and he's not getting it here. Plenty of teams in the Prem where he could be in contention, even if it's in the bottom half of the table.

MA08

Nelson's technical ability is why i would not want him to leave. His technique is elite. Can he improve other aspects to make this count? Not sure.. But he can become a Grealish like player for us in future

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Nelson's technical ability is why i would not want him to leave. His technique is elite. Can he improve other aspects to make this count? Not sure.. But he can become a Grealish like player for us in future

Boy needs to play to get anywhere near that level...

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If Arteta hadn't buried him on the bench for no reason when he's made an impact literally every time he has played this season then there probably wouldn't be a third attempt needed. His man management has improved but it's still not good. Ultimately though, this will be a positive for Reiss. He's too talented to be a bit part player here. He needs to go somewhere where he can shine and I will be happy to see him do it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems Reiss is above ESR in the pecking order now. If someone told me that would be the case at this point last season I’d have never believed them. Credit has to go to Reiss for that.

Wonder if the plan is Reiss as Gabi back up (he’s a lot better on the left), with Saka and Diaby(?) on the right. Trossard moves infield to compete with Ødegaard.

Let's play Aubamawang

Trossard has performed admirably as a false 9 so he could rotate with Jesus. Given his technique and pressing ability, could Reiss play as a false 9 perhaps? It may not be his preferred role, but as long as he isn't hanging on the CBs and has a free role it could allow him to make a big impact.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hopefully he tells them to get lost. Get out and get your career in track kid. This is AMN again. Just offer him contract cause we can’t bother to replace him
I don't thinkbwe can afford to replace him. A 2/3 year contract with a nominal sale fee next year might make him feel more in control of his future

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't thinkbwe can afford to replace him. A 2/3 year contract with a nominal sale fee next year might make him feel more in control of his future
Honestly I feel like we won't replace him anyway. Reiss is best off the left and central. Martinelli and Trossard both occupy similar roles in the team, Trossard right now is basically slightly less flamboyant old man version of Reiss (I know he's only 27/28 :lol:). The only other spot he'd have is behind Saka, which is not his best role anyway. If/when Reiss leaves, he'll likely be replaced by someone who can play on the right predominantly.

The left side is pretty much locked at the moment. It's a bit bare at youth level currently, but in the first team it's Martinelli, Trossard and ESR at a push (if he's still here next season). Numbers wise, he won't need replacing. Profile wise is another story but I don't think he even plays enough for that to be a consideration. Arteta's done good work with him in terms of getting him motivated, disciplined and brave - he just needed to play him more.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Honestly I feel like we won't replace him anyway. Reiss is best off the left and central. Martinelli and Trossard both occupy similar roles in the team, Trossard right now is basically slightly less flamboyant old man version of Reiss (I know he's only 27/28 :lol:). The only other spot he'd have is behind Saka, which is not his best role anyway. If/when Reiss leaves, he'll likely be replaced by someone who can play on the right predominantly.

The left side is pretty much locked at the moment. It's a bit bare at youth level currently, but in the first team it's Martinelli, Trossard and ESR at a push (if he's still here next season). Numbers wise, he won't need replacing. Profile wise is another story but I don't think he even plays enough for that to be a consideration. Arteta's done good work with him in terms of getting him motivated, disciplined and brave - he just needed to play him more.
Hopefully Reiss does well and wants to return when we're phasing Trossard out or if we develop a new style of play. It's such a shame that he bloomed 12 months too late.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Forest could be a real good move for him, would start every game too under Cooper.

Hopefully he is fit enough on Sunday, as he deserves a goodbye for Bournemouth alone.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Scandalous his treatment. Even if arteta did not want him he still could of used him better especially after some of his performances this term .

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom