• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I mean, it's his career he's likely throwing away by staying here. He knows how Arteta operates, if he rides the bench for yet another season, well... his fault for not seeing the writting on the wall.

Fergie made a living from highly motivated squad players contributing to his success. Pep is going down the same path. You can still have a big career without being the main act.

I understand the skepticism. Its rare to find players like that these days who aren’t motivated by money or self aggrandising but still genuine quality

But every successful club needs a Darren Fletcher, a Ji Sung Park, a Julian Alvarez, an Origi etc. It’s not for everyone but Reiss clearly has a good attitude.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fergie made a living from highly motivated squad players contributing to his success. Pep is going down the same path. You can still have a big career without being the main act.

I understand the skepticism. Its rare to find players like that these days who aren’t motivated by money or self aggrandising but still genuine quality

But every successful club needs a Darren Fletcher, a Ji Sung Park, a Julian Alvarez, an Origi etc. It’s not for everyone but Reiss clearly has a good attitude.
I guess my issue is that Reiss is potentially much better than being a bit part squad player but may not get the run to show that. If he stays fit that is - no guarantee. Just think he would have been much better off being a starter somewhere and earning a move to a big club off the back of actually playing games. Right now, he needs to play more often than he does, and it's disappointing that - despite how well he's played and the impact he's produced in the little minutes that he's had (and he was good in the EL, this revisionism that he was bad is bollocks) - he has been overlooked most of the time and only trusted in desperate situations. Now, as an Arsenal fan, I'm obviously delighted he's staying and hoping that he gets more chances to show what he's made of. But as someone who also rates the player, I'd hate to see him play the same amount of minutes he's played this season.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

I don't mind the "work horses" every team needs, but Nelson has the talent to be more, is all.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I guess my issue is that Reiss is potentially much better than being a bit part squad player but may not get the run to show that. If he stays fit that is - no guarantee. Just think he would have been much better off being a starter somewhere and earning a move to a big club off the back of actually playing games. Right now, he needs to play more often than he does, and it's disappointing that - despite how well he's played and the impact he's produced in the little minutes that he's had (and he was good in the EL, this revisionism that he was bad is bollocks) - he has been overlooked most of the time and only trusted in desperate situations. Now, as an Arsenal fan, I'm obviously delighted he's staying and hoping that he gets more chances to show what he's made of. But as someone who also rates the player, I'd hate to see him play the same amount of minutes he's played this season.

Totally get your point.

I feel that Arteta must and will adapt his approach from a tried and trusted XI that only changes because of injury/suspension to a core of 14/15 that can play 2/3 different systems and share substantial minutes across 4 competitions.

If he doesn’t, we will see these end of season collapses become a recurring theme.

With that, players like Reiss, ESR, Tierney become much more than bit part squad players next season. Ofcourse I see the case for him joining a Brighton and becoming a star too and would be just as happy for him if he did.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
One thing is his favour is that he's starting to feel like he belongs at this level I feel. There's been a bit of swagger and directness about his game when he's had a chance this season.

Previous seasons I felt that he was kind of overawed by the stage, he would try not to make mistakes rather than really try to influence games in a positive manner. He was a player playing in his shell.

Hopefully these thigh problems aren't going to be an ongoing issue, he's missed 3.5 months of football with them this season which isn't ideal.

If he's really going to get a significant amount of game time he's going to have to stay fit first and foremost.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't mind the "work horses" every team needs, but Nelson has the talent to be more, is all.
One consistent theme in this forum is people always assume Arteta is gonna behave how they want, instead of how he has so far. Suddenly Arteta is gonna use Reiss a lot more and suddenly he is gonna become a manager who rotated his squad. Neither thing will happen. After 4 years he is who he is

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
One consistent theme in this forum is people always assume Arteta is gonna behave how they want, instead of how he has so far. Suddenly Arteta is gonna use Reiss a lot more and suddenly he is gonna become a manager who rotated his squad. Neither thing will happen. After 4 years he is who he is

Then how did he manage Reiss and his advisors that this would actually be the case. After doing the same thing for 4 years, as you say.

Is Reiss stupid, has no ambition for himself, or just after money?

Or could there possibly be another reason?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Then how did he manage Reiss and his advisors that this would actually be the case. After doing the same thing for 4 years, as you say.

Is Reiss stupid, has no ambition for himself, or just after money?

Or could there possibly be another reason?
Money same with nketiah

Sparrahork

Money will play a part, but for Eddie and Reiss I would think other conditions would have to be right too.

Eddie knew we would sign a replacement striker, he was however in situ as first choice at a big club and aware he would have opportunities.

Reiss I feel has the higher ceiling than Eddie, it just hasn't quite happened until this season. I would think Reiss is looking at how many more competitive games we should have (i.e. all UCL ones and we should go deeper in domestic cups) and will know he has the talent to actually push those around him now his confidence appears to be back.

El Duderino

Being serious for a moment, I think it's down to him being a bit scared to not be at Arsenal.

He didn''t get the nod on the last game of the season with nothing to play for and with Saka having a small injury issue. That's just how the manager operates.

I don't see Reiss jumping the queue ahead of any of our other players, specially if we find room/money for another wide forward during the transfer season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Being serious for a moment, I think it's down to him being a bit scared to not be at Arsenal.

He didn''t get the nod on the last game of the season with nothing to play for and with Saka having a small injury issue. That's just how the manager operates.

I don't see Reiss jumping the queue ahead of any of our other players, specially if we find room/money for another wide forward during the transfer season.
From his perspective. He gets 80-100k a week. Stays in his home town with his family. He been out on loan few times and never stood out anywhere. Zero expectations on him. If we have poor season no one will say Reiss didn’t do enough

Or go out in the big scary world and compete for a place and risk failing. It’s a safe and sensible decision. Saka is also long term injury waiting to happen

El Duderino

From his perspective. He gets 80-100k a week. Stays in his home town with his family. He been out on loan few times and never stood out anywhere. Zero expectations on him. If we have poor season no one will say Reiss didn’t do enough

Or go out in the big scary world and compete for a place and risk failing. It’s a safe and sensible decision. Saka is also long term injury waiting to happen

I think he must be a bit tired of moving from one place to another, yes. But the Feynoord loan ended up being great for him.

The Hoffenheim loan was moderately successful as well.

He needs consistent game time, and in the end I don't think Arsenal is the best place for that.

Either way, if he signs I'll root for him to be given a fair crack of the whip, even if it is currently against all odds.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I think I read he was injured for the last few games. Although I may will have got mixed up too

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know he Arsenal fan but someone need to convince him 4 years here will likely won't do him good.

Mikel simply won't drop saka and with CL football that not gonna. Today was perfect example comfortably leading in game that mean nothing if Saka didn't get injured Nelson would have get 10 minutes max.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I know he Arsenal fan but someone need to convince him 4 years here will likely won't do him good.

Mikel simply won't drop saka and with CL football that not gonna. Today was perfect example comfortably leading in game that mean nothing if Saka didn't get injured Nelson would have get 10 minutes max.
Its not Sakas spot he needs anyway, it's Martinelli/Trossards.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think he much better as LW. If Trossard trusted as cf next season then it does make sense

Yes, I think Trossard at CF and left/right 8. I also think Reiss plays with Martinelli on the left.

We need a player to rotate with Saka on the right. And I dont think we are going to get a CF this summer, so we'll go for a "Salah type" like Moussa Diaby.

My predictions... lets see in July ;)

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom