• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The rise of ball playing defenders means the art of defending has taken a hit tbh.

The entire league ate more goals I wouldn’t say it’s an Arsenal specific issue.

Think it's why everyone makes such a big deal of Newcastle being a good defensive team, as they are like the only one now.

Everyone is super attacking now really, tbh...had more teams back in the day (Villa, Everton and petty much all lowered half teams) that were proper defending and counter attacking teams...had a more mix of styles back in the day, made it much more difficult for top teams to score I think as more teams could park a bus.

Even us at our best this season were still a little iffy, still have a bit to go to be as good as we were at our best under Graham and Wenger when defending in big moments.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Superb season, it really was unexpected as my best estimate after seeing our play in preseason was third.

We must build on this, and take it to 100 points in the coming years.
Personally thought 2nd could be in there. Never thought we'd push City as long as we did. Was even hoping for a title until the bitter end. We need to get above 90+ points to have any chance of winning the league. Think if we would have pushed them City would have made it to 93. Don't think they draw and lose the last two games if they had to get wins.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The vibes are good which bodes well for next season. There's still a positivity around the place so a hangover from the disappointment of missing out on the title shouldn't be a factor at all.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The rise of ball playing defenders means the art of defending has taken a hit tbh.

The entire league ate more goals I wouldn’t say it’s an Arsenal specific issue.

I’ve been wondering could this mean the end of the “traditional CB” in a few years from now and they all just become redundant. Instead they’ll just have midfielders like Rodri, Rice etc playing at CB.

Honestly could see that happening.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I’ve been wondering could this mean the end of the “traditional CB” in a few years from now and they all just become redundant. Instead they’ll just have midfielders like Rodri, Rice etc playing at CB.

Honestly could see that happening.

What is a "traditional CB" in your eyes? Limited on the ball?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Turned us into a contender and qualified to the CL directly. Phase 4 is probably winning the league, and Phase 5 is winning the CL.
I assume the "phases" are more than pure performance goals. Assume they also include things like changing the relationship between club and fans. Pretty sure there are goals around that too. Think the stadium redo was part of that. Also think trying to keep our academy players in the squad and create pathways for them another part.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I assume the "phases" are more than pure performance goals. Assume they also include things like changing the relationship between club and fans. Pretty sure there are goals around that too. Think the stadium redo was part of that. Also think trying to keep our academy players in the squad and create pathways for them another part.

Hmmm… so stuff we were doing before but with more cheering?

Sounds great.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom