• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What is a "traditional CB" in your eyes? Limited on the ball?

Yuuup! The marker going forward in academies will be to focus on defenders that can play out from the back rather than actually defend. Sooner rather than later managers will start to notice that midfielders can do it with it ease and start pushing the likes of Rodri, Rice etc further back, that’ll signal the end for CB’s like Maguire for example.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Think it has a lot to do with the role he is playing. Gundogan wasn't really adding goals before he took the same role at City.

But isn't that the point though... Trying to get the best out of your players by adjusting their tactical roles in the team. Gundogan was still a very good player and adjusting his tatical role has provided even more output. It's a shame this wasn't done sooner by either Wenger or Emery. We have not had a player sent off all season and usually when we do it's Xhaka so it was quite a good tactical move to push him higher up the pitch and utilise his strength in his passing ability.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
let's hope the habit of suddenly being s**t disappear in future we done very well this season incredible away record most wins since 13-14 season most goals in league very nice football for most of season multi goal scores doing double against Sp**s chelsea finally took 4 points from Liverppol many positives but there also few negatives like his squad usage still below average his subs too things to improve but the important thing he need to improve is stop us being soft in pressure.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But isn't that the point though... Trying to get the best out of your players by adjusting their tactical roles in the team. Gundogan was still a very good player and adjusting his tatical role has provided even more output. It's a shame this wasn't done sooner by either Wenger or Emery. We have not had a player sent off all season and usually when we do it's Xhaka so it was quite a good tactical move to push him higher up the pitch and utilise his strength in his passing ability.
I don't think the role was created for Xhaka, it looks more like Xhaka was the only one in our squad capable of playing it.
Arteta has a vision of what our football should be like, and Xhaka having a good season was great, but the club feels they want more out of that position, which is most likely gonna reflect on our summer business with Xhaka going out and we invest massive money on a new CM

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
the expectation of next season will be bigger tho because of rapid progress we made this season. fans next season will 100% want us win the league despite we all know Man city aren't gonna suddenly go s**t they'll be even better next season.

but would like we go for 90+ point next season with squad improvement we'll make we can do it unless there injury crisis. also i hope we take FA cup more seriously it's big trophy i want us to keep adding to our big history in this competition for a CL fans imo will accept we go beyond round of 16 for once

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
what i like about Arteta and Edu they again connect the fans to the club the past years from late wenger days to emery to 2020 it was very ugly but again i'm seeing people are excited and hopeful.

even tho with Arsenal they give you hope always and destroyed at the end but still it's important fans in emirates or away be always with the team. fans always want see their club and players try and compete with the elite.

don't look at twitter or social media.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Thats the biggest problem right there.

We don't even know what these plans are. He just comes out with "phase this" and "phase that"

I reckon if we fail next year, the shills will say phase 4 was all about seeing how we bounce back from a bad season.
Think you are being overly negative and a bit purposefully obtuse. Of course I have to assume as I do not work in the club's managerial hierarchy. The problem of most remote online fans I guess.

I personally don't struggle with his way of expressing certain things. It is very clear he has a fairly well developed vision and plan for how the club and team should operate and it has required quite a bit of change. He clearly has the buy-in from the ownership for what is going on. Being able to communicate effectively with them is also part of the job description. Speaking "management" might be part of that. They must be thrilled seeing the transformation over the last several years.

I actually admire Arteta's message discipline. He is very consistent. Just as he is consistent in raising the bar for the team and the club. Let's enjoy the fruits of his and the club's labor instead of pettily complaining. Even if it means having been proven wrong. 😉

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
trophy-invisible433soccer-football-joke-ps4fifa.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I need one of you to admit that securing Champions league football with a mixture of academy talent and seasoned pros, whilst paying for a stadium rebuild is nothing new to Arsenal football club.

Otherwise I will end up just sh*tting on Arteta all summer.

One of you must atleast see a little bit why some of us just do not rate the PR and praise that comes with this process?

We've secured CL with academy talent like Wilshere, Iwobi and comical players like Gibbs so some of you are pissing me off a little bit.

I agree with you. It's nothing that didn't happen regularly under a previous regime.

I don't think many ( other than a lunatic fringe) were crapping on Wenger when he was challenging for titles most seasons. It was more so when it became the perpetual clinging on to 4th every season that did that.

So for me just being a top 4 team wouldn't be a success for Arteta's regime considering the financial backing he's received and hopefully will continue to receive. We should be challenging for the title most seasons and hopefully winning one or two. That to me would be Arteta proving himself a success.

Quite a few of us believe this isn't the culmination of what Arteta and the club / players can do, more a marker for how we'll improve in the future.

The PR stuff is what it is. I'm not going to kick the cat because media puff pieces say he's the reincarnation of Rinus Michels or he's the most handsome man walking the earth. It's just fluff.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I need one of you to admit that securing Champions league football with a mixture of academy talent and seasoned pros, whilst paying for a stadium rebuild is nothing new to Arsenal football club.
I'll take one for the Arteta team! Yes, what Wenger achieved over almost two decades was remarkable and admirable. He was treated unfairly by many fans including myself.

What Arteta has achieved isn't earth shattering or new to Arsenal, but I cannot help but be thrilled and happy that we again are challenging for the PL title and I personally think we have Arteta and Edu and the Kroenkes to thank for that.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

But there’s posters on this forum that want us to be mad at this :lol:

Nobody is mad, this season was undoubtedly a success and an over achievement as I don't feel entitled to a title win with what we've got (speaking for myself here).

I questioning what's different and why is this better than seasons in the past that's all. It's a genuine question.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nobody is mad, this season was undoubtedly a success.

I questioning what's different and why is this better than seasons in the past that's all. It's a genuine question.
I told you and you said you don’t care about points totals so I dunno how else to explain it.

We have more points and won more games than we have in ages. We challenged for the title and failed in the end after years of 5-8th place finished. We were losing like 11/12/13 games a season under Arsène in humiliating fashion.

Now be honest, are you really questioning what’s different or just being disingenuous?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I told you and you said you don’t care about points totals so I dunno how else to explain it.

We have more points and won more games than we have in ages. We challenged for the title and failed in the end after years of 5-8th place finished.

Now be honest, are you really questioning what’s different or just being disingenuous?

I am genuinely questioning because we got some guys saying getting Europe with a pathway from the academy is sick as if Wilshere, Iwobi and Coquelin are just figments of my imagination.

If points total is all you got as to why today's position is superior then, yeah I don't think you have much.

Nothing I said was slanderous, I am not even questioning Arteta I am questioning his fans.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom