• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,832
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What about this then? Given comments about a reset, how we've lined up lately and transfer rumours I don't think something along these lines would be farfetched. Maybe switch position for Caicedo and Partey. Could potentially also be 3-2-4-1 as in the original post, with Zinny as LCM and Gabriel as LB. I don't know how I feel about Benny Blanco being omitted from the starting lineup, think he's been very good this season. Then again if Thomas goes he plays, Saliba goes he plays, etc.

Jesus
Martinelli - Rice - Ødegaard - Saka
Zinchenko - Caicedo - Partey
Gabriel - Saliba
Ramsdale

Jesus
Martinelli - Veiga - Ødegaard - Saka
Zinchenko - Rice - Partey
Gabriel - Saliba
Ramsdale

Jesus
Martinelli - Veiga - Ødegaard - Saka
Zinchenko - Rice - Caicedo
Gabriel - Saliba
Ramsdale​

Hmm. Honestly I don’t see our formation changing. I think the late change is simply based on injuries and seeing how some players can cope in certain positions like Kiwi.

I’d be very surprised if we signed Caicedo for 80M and stuck him at RB, also while he’s played some good games there he was shocking vs Newcastle and would only be used there in emergency.

Your first formation is how I see us next year but White for Partey. Potentially, if Partey is still here I think Moises would ride the bench more in favour of Partey but he solidifies us for future windows and the drop off is limited when Partey gets his injuries.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The **** are these "lists" lol, it's not like we're going to the local supermarket.

Transfer windows are so exhausting - 99% of the time it's clueless people on socials saying stuff with chest to cultivate more likes and followers, don't matter if it's true or not.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
is there any team heavily linked with Caicedo? look we can get him easily only chelsea seem interested but they have other options. Manutd Man city and Liverpool all not seen links with him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Nothing about Matheus França from the brazillian press, btw. Just some articles using the foreign source.

Had we bid for him, we would be hearing about it locally by now, Flamengo not doing very well and would welcome the bit of news.

Last edited:

El Duderino

is there any team heavily linked with Caicedo? look we can get him easily only chelsea seem interested but they have other options. Manutd Man city and Liverpool all not seen links with him.

I think not yet?

They've come out and said both him and MacAllister are leaving, though. They're desperate for multiple clubs to bite.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think not yet?

They've come out and said both him and MacAllister are leaving, though. They're desperate for multiple clubs to bite.
yes but seeing clubs targeting other players Liverpool looking for MacAllister it's done deal too utd Rabiot and Mount Chelsea this Ugarte guy from Sporting. Man city yet haven't made clear who they want.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think not yet?

Is the flamengo kid any good? Chelsea and Wolves signed same age and position kids from Brazil. But those kids seem more established

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

yes but seeing clubs targeting other players Liverpool looking for MacAllister it's done deal too utd Rabiot and Mount Chelsea this Ugarte guy from Sporting. Man city yet haven't made clear who they want.

It happened with Bissouma, lots of teams interested but never heavily linked and then Sp**s just picked him up.

El Duderino

Yeah, I think Arsenal might come back with a lower than his valuation offer just because no one bit at the 70ish million pounds Brighton is looking for.

Provided we have the funds, of course.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Hmm. Honestly I don’t see our formation changing. I think the late change is simply based on injuries and seeing how some players can cope in certain positions like Kiwi.

I’d be very surprised if we signed Caicedo for 80M and stuck him at RB, also while he’s played some good games there he was shocking vs Newcastle and would only be used there in emergency.

Your first formation is how I see us next year but White for Partey. Potentially, if Partey is still here I think Moises would ride the bench more in favour of Partey but he solidifies us for future windows and the drop off is limited when Partey gets his injuries.
Yea agree with all of that. Don't think it's really a change in formation either, I highlighted how it'd look in possession and this is pretty much how we've played. Don't think we really need Caicedo either if Partey doesn't leave (which I hope he won't), though as you say it future proofs us.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yea agree with all of that. Don't think it's really a change in formation either, I highlighted how it'd look in possession and this is pretty much how we've played. Don't think we really need Caicedo either if Partey doesn't leave (which I hope he won't), though as you say it future proofs us.

Yeah and the fact we still don't know if Rice is seen as an 8 here or 6. If it's a 6 then we're obviously not going to sign Caicedo but if it's at 8 then we might go for a strike while the irons hot transfer and bring in Caicedo.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m just amazed for all of Brazils talent. They don’t have 1 quality nr 9. Surely there has to be 1 nice striker in that league

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Milan and PSG are interested too he'd save us good amount of money because he free agent not sure about him accept role of backup tho he'll go somewhere where he starts also his injury record make me worried about handling PL physically
If you could get him on a free and get our money back for Fabio Vieira that would be very good business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom