• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who had the better season? Arsenal or Man Utd.

Who had the better season Arsenal or Man Utd?

• Arsenal

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • United

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters

amigo

At the end of the domestic season Arsenal were second and mounted a decent title challenge only to fall away in the last few weeks. United won the Carabao Cup and were third. Who had a better season?

Buhry

Established Member

If we could swap results I'd say hell no to that so I vote for arsenal. They've had some really embarassing dreadful results as well. Them losing 7-0 to pool is like us doing that to Sp**s. In 10 years I bet more people will remember that than the carabao cup that no one cares about. And look at their goal difference, if rashford hadn't had that purple patch their point tallly wouldn't look too hot.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Man Utd had a good season all in all. A domestic cup and top 4 is decent.

But over the course of the season you'd have to say Arsenal. The PL is the bread and butter and where you really show what you're made of. We set the pace in the PL for the vast majority of it and were in a legit title race up until the last handful of games.

Generally Arsenal have looked a much more convincing and developed side than Man Utd too. I think we're a season or so ahead of them in development.

Good first year overall for Ten Haag and Man Utd but you have to favour Arsenal's season really.

If Man Utd had won the FA Cup yesterday maybe that would have changed the dynamics though.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
They got a trophy, played in two cup finals. Plus they did not complete the biggest bottle job in the league in 30 years. Sure they lost Lfc 7-0. But one match humiliation is better than 34 points second half of season and complete abdication of the title while your tosser manager destroys your season with the same pub league defender. They got a trophy, and CL and an elite manager. We got one of three. Game, set, and match to the Mancs. And ETH managed Arteta’s socks off head to head. The fact that so many people see this bottle job as a success shows that Arteta has instilled his loser new age cult behavior and it has seeped down to the fans.

The ancient Persians have a great expression; i have lived long enough to see 2 crows fcking but i have never seen Arteta win a league title. Oh yeah he ruined the crown jewel of the organization in a nothing match with a now chronic back injury. Hip Hip Hurray

Ljonin

We were obviously the better team but the records will show they were one position below us and won a trophy.

We’ve finished second many times, nobody remembers, you remember the trophies.
Can’t even remember who won the carabao cup last year.

It’s quite ridiculous to think that trumps a proper title challenge

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can’t even remember who won the carabao cup last year.

It’s quite ridiculous to think that trumps a proper title challenge
Yeah but who remembers or values 2nd place either? We were better on the field, no doubt, but record books will say Utd added another trophy to their honours list.

I haven’t even voted yet, I’m divided.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They got a trophy, played in two cup finals. Plus they did not complete the biggest bottle job in the league in 30 years. Sure they lost Lfc 7-0. But one match humiliation is better than 34 points second half of season and complete abdication of the title while your tosser manager destroys your season with the same pub league defender. They got a trophy, and CL and an elite manager. We got one of three. Game, set, and match to the Mancs. And ETH managed Arteta’s socks off head to head. The fact that so many people see this bottle job as a success shows that Arteta has instilled his loser new age cult behavior and it has seeped down to the fans.

The ancient Persians have a great expression; i have lived long enough to see 2 crows fcking but i have never seen Arteta win a league title. Oh yeah he ruined the crown jewel of the organization in a nothing match with a now chronic back injury. Hip Hip Hurray

I remember the year we finished 2nd and Liverpool won the Europa Cup and Fa cup. No one ever debated whether we had a better season than them , we just knew we were better .

Farzad Stoned

Yeah but who remembers or values 2nd place either? We were better on the field, no doubt, but record books will say Utd added another trophy to their honours list.

I haven’t even voted yet, I’m divided.

We got 34 points second half of year Europa league form how can this monumental collapse be more success than team that one s cup and advanced further than us in 3 out 4 competitions with a first year manager

Farzad Stoned

I remember the year we finished 2nd and Liverpool won the Europa Cup and Fa cup. No one ever debated whether we had a better season than them , we just knew we were better .

No way that year LFC had the better year. Being happy for second place is what losers do. The most angry person in league should be the team that finished second after being on top for 7 months plus

GDeep™

League is very weak
If United finished 2nd, and we were 4th/Carabao winners, this wouldn’t even be a discussion.

Arsenal fans let United fans gaslight them into believing this narrative.
If we were 3rd and won a trophy? Good season after last year, got a CL place and a trophy.

History doesn’t remember or value 2nd place, you know this.

Farzad Stoned

If United finished 2nd, and we were 4th/Carabao winners, this wouldn’t even be a discussion.

Arsenal fans let United fans gaslight them into believing this narrative.
Ok i am game they advanced further than us in 3 out of 4 competitions; while we bottled every competition. 2 finals and a trophy and one spot lower in standings. Plus they didn’t complete the biggest tank job in league in 30 years, way more significant than a one off drubbing to LFc

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You also don’t remember or care about 2nd places.

Can’t beat a trophy being added to your clubs honour list.

Thing is mate , maybe because Wenger has never treated it seriously and the fact we have never won it ever in our history , I just can't take it seriously. We were all up in arms about the fact we used senior players in this Cup.

Ljonin

You also don’t remember or care about 2nd places.

Can’t beat a trophy being added to your clubs honour list.
Don’t think this is true.

For example, do you think people remember who won the carabao cup the year Leicester won the league? People do remember we came second tho, and that wasn’t even a real title push.

The runner up in a tight title race will be remembered. No one except United fans this season gives a flying **** about the Mickey Mouse cup

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Both average seasons imo, so it’s a toss up.

Still can’t get my head around how “Bigger 🐟 To Fry FC” sacrificed all the cup competitions for attempting to win the league then collapsed in the manner like we did against trash like West Ham, Southampton, Everton and being 2-0 up at Anfield.

Also can’t look past those drubbings Utd took against Liverpool, City and Brentford. No top teams should be conceding 17 goals in 3 matches.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom