• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who had the better season? Arsenal or Man Utd.

Who had the better season Arsenal or Man Utd?

• Arsenal

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • United

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

No way that year LFC had the better year. Being happy for second place is what losers do. The most angry person in league should be the team that finished second after being on top for 7 months plus

You are rewriting history there mate ,you calling that side losers mate? lol . That was our title winning side . League position is the best measure of a team .

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
No one will remember United’s league cup and in a few years only United and LFc will mention 7-0. But people still talk about Newcastle’s tank job in league in the 90s and Arteta choking away the title with Holding for a 2nd time in a row with a starting Serie A defender just bought for him on the bench will go down in infamy; if Arteta was drunk the whole time i would feel more comfortable with him than just knowing he is a boffhead almost 4 years on the job

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If we were 3rd and won a trophy? Good season after last year, got a CL place and a trophy.

History doesn’t remember or value 2nd place, you know this.
It’s not about 2nd, it’s the fact that we fought for a league title.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Ok i am game they advanced further than us in 3 out of 4 competitions; while we bottled every competition. 2 finals and a trophy and one spot lower in standings. Plus they didn’t complete the biggest tank job in league in 30 years, way more significant than a one off drubbing to LFc
No one would give Arteta credit for getting to domestic cup finals. Besides, there have been at least two worse bottle jobs in the last decade alone:
FuTiCuTaMAAqVoc.jpg

Fu6FrsgakAApYOn.jpg

Farzad Stoned

Fought and lost in maybe most humiliating fashion possible. So what? The proper mentality for 2nd place is me; angry as hell and ready to do whatever it takes to be first next time, not sitting back and enjoying your runner’s up medal. You know what the Arsenal players should do they should wear the medal in front of the mirror and curse themselves and punch themselves hard in the face yelling never again. That is what i would tell them to do not play hide and goddamn seek at work

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Both average seasons imo, so it’s a toss up.

Still can’t get my head around how “Bigger 🐟 To Fry FC” sacrificed all the cup competitions for attempting to win the league then collapsed in the manner like we did against trash like West Ham, Southampton, Everton and being 2-0 up at Anfield.

Also can’t look past those drubbings Utd took against Liverpool, City and Brentford. No top teams should be conceding 17 goals in 3 matches.

Everton I can understand , they were waay to physical for us that day .

Farzad Stoned

No one would give Arteta credit for getting to domestic cup finals. Besides, there have been at least two worse bottle jobs in the last decade alone:
FuTiCuTaMAAqVoc.jpg

Fu6FrsgakAApYOn.jpg

Ours is worse. Ferguson had tons of league titles this was our first chance in 20 years. And by the numbers our tank job worse than Lfc they didn’t tank City went nuts we got 34 points second half of season

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Fought and lost in maybe most humiliating fashion possible. So what? The proper mentality for 2nd place is me; angry as hell and ready to do whatever it takes to be first next time, not sitting back and enjoying your runner’s up medal. You know what the Arsenal players should do they should wear the medal in front of the mirror and curse themselves and punch themselves hard in the face yelling never again. That is what i would tell them to do not play hide and goddamn seek at work
It wasn’t humiliating, we just fell short because of a lack of depth. Based on everything we’ve heard, Arteta and the club are going to be aggressive in addressing that.

Ours is worse. Ferguson had tons of league titles this was our first chance in 20 years. And by the numbers our tank job worse than Lfc they didn’t tank City went nuts we got 34 points second half of season
Liverpool had at least a three point lead with three games left, that’s worse than what we did. This season wasn’t even as bad as losing a league title to Leicester who barely cleared 80 points.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

If Sp**s finished second this season he'd have been erect about if for weeks. You wouldn't have heard the end of it.

Overall this season is our best in the PL in a decade plus, I don't see how that is debatable even with our slip up's at the end.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Everton I can understand , they were waay to physical for us that day .

They made it a physical and scrappy game which we shouldn’t have stooped to. We had like 71% possession in the game but we couldn’t really convert it to many clear cut chances.

Should have at least left there with something.

GDeep™

League is very weak
On the field we were better, but that gets forgotten quickly. Wenger came 2nd to Ferguson many times, pushed them and got robbed by referees, nobody cares or remembers.

I was looking at older league tables and I was surprised we came 2nd and lost the league by a few points etc.

Nobody cares about the Carabao Cup but it’s still a cup on Ten Hags name. Had Mick win it we would say he’s “won 2 cups in 3 years” etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Sp**s finished second this season he'd have been erect about if for weeks. You wouldn't have heard the end of it.

Overall this season is our best in the PL in a decade plus, I don't see how that is debatable even with our slip up's at the end.
Sp**s already finished 2nd a few years ago mate, don’t think me or anybody has ever mentioned it. Nobody cares about 2nd.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
On the field we were better, but that gets forgotten quickly. Wenger came 2nd to Ferguson many times, pushed them and got robbed by referees, nobody cares or remembers.
Forgotten by who? I still cling onto the fact that Wenger finished 3rd by four points in 07/08 but would’ve won the league if Adebayor finished his chances in that game at OT.

Farzad Stoned

It wasn’t humiliating, we just fell short because of a lack of depth. Based on everything we’ve heard, Arteta and the club are going to be aggressive in addressing that.

Liverpool had at least a three point lead with three games left, that’s worse than what we did. This season wasn’t even as bad as losing a league title to Leicester who barely cleared 80 points.
Cmon mate. We went from 50 to 34 points. 34 points is 5th or 6th place form. None of these teams bottled as many matches to nothing squads as we did. Compare our form 2nd half to those other bottle jobs i guarantee they all did better than 34 points in second half. We stained the club history with this w.nker. Watch people will talk of this bottle job decades from now, Holding for FFs with White at RB and Kiwior on the bench. He is just stupid inexcusable negligence year 4 on the job

GDeep™

League is very weak
Forgotten by who? I still cling onto the fact that Wenger finished 3rd by four points in 07/08 but would’ve won the league if Adebayor finished his chances in that game at OT.
I didn’t even know we were that close until you just mentioned it.

Reactions: A_G

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If they won such an important trophy, why aren’t they as winners favoured over second place league finishers, to face City in the Shield in August? Its almost as though the FA themselves dont rate this cup.

There's no debate here, we were one of the best teams in the world last season. Losing it in the last weeks of the season isnt enough to take away from how brilliant we were this past year.

Here's the irony though... United fans can entertain this discussion because they finished in the top 4. Had they missed it, you wouldnt hear a peep about the Caravan Cup.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Cmon mate. We went from 50 to 34 points. 34 points is 5th or 6th place form. None of these teams bottled as many matches to nothing squads as we did. Compare our form 2nd half to those other bottle jobs i guarantee they all did better than 34 points in second half. We stained the club history with this w.nker. Watch people will talk of this bottle job decades from now, Holding for FFs with White at RB and Kiwior on the bench. He is just stupid inexcusable negligence year 4 on the job
I don’t really count the Brighton and Forest losses because we’d given up mentally by then. If City had dropped points earlier, we might’ve ended up with 92 points which would be a good effort from a team most people picked to finish outside the top 4.

Tnegs

I think we’ve had the better season. Finally playing quality attractive football with multiple young players having breakout seasons setting us up nicely for the next one. Utd have a league cup and top 4 but that squad looks like it needs an almost full rebuild.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I was looking at older league tables and I was surprised we came 2nd and lost the league by a few points etc.

Nobody cares about the Carabao Cup but it’s still a cup on Ten Hags name. Had Mick win it we would say he’s “won 2 cups in 3 years” etc.

What do you mean nobody cares or remembers? :lol:

That's all people talk about between 1998 and 2005, the fights between Wenger's Arsenal and Ferguson's United. The two best teams in England and two of the best in the world. Nobody remembers who won the other small trophies during that time. And then the same thing happened with City and Liverpool over the last 5 years. Everybody remembers them, hardly anyone remembers us taking the lead to become the biggest FA Cup winners in history. They just remember we were out of the CL, finishing 5th, 6th, 8th, etc.

Heck, do you even remember that Liverpool won the Mickey Mouse Treble in 2000-2001?

The record books are for historians, especially the smaller cups. What matters are the biggest trophies and the biggest challengers for those trophies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom